This thread currently has 3,907 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Super Clive
November 1, 2012, 1:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
I haven't been able to get to the last two home games so listened to radio and buckley has mentioned a few times that we should push Scott up top, I think we sort of did in the two games and it made a difference according to humberside. But yeah I like the sound of him player as deep lying forward.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 41
80sglory
November 1, 2012, 2:49pm
Guest User
Quoted from Super Clive
I think we'll play Neilson up top when he comes back. Is he the answer up front? Sir alan buckley thinks so.

Good question.
Not fully convinced as yet based on what I've seen tbh but he can certainly find the net.
We know he can take players on and create space for himself too but then you wonder if that means he's better off playing deeper as a creative player.

Suppose my main concern would be whether he's gonna get manhandled and frustrated by big defenders.
But on the other hand it could be an advantage where trickery leaves them flat footed and he ends up running rings around them.

Does "deeper lying forward" mean playing behind the main striker(s) ?
If it's 4-3-3 at least he'll have more space out wide to do his thing.
Would be a bit suprised to see him up front in a 442 (especially with other strikers here) but obviously the proof is in the pudding and we'll see what happens...
Reply: 41 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Neilsen Stay or go

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.