Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The appetite coming back?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 80 Guests

The appetite coming back?

This thread currently has 2,368 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Corkyefes
October 2, 2012, 10:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 10
I must admit, i wasn't too bothered about this season and kind of blew of chances off. However after a couple of cracking results in the last few weeks, i seem to have gotten my hunger back to go watch Town.

Great results against Luton, Gateshead and Newport have really made me think that maybe things are gelling with the squad.

There seems to be a good bond between the lads (well what Ive seen on twitter) and the new boys seem to be doing the business.
We have to keep them though, even if it is until the end of the season. S&H need to sort that.

Forget about Hearn for now, I'm doubting that we will see much of him this season.

Its a massive game on Saturday against Dartford and i can say that finally, after a while, I'm looking forward to going.

Hopefully we can nip into the place off places and stay there!
UTM
Private Message
ginnywings
October 2, 2012, 1:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Corkyefes
I must admit, i wasn't too bothered about this season and kind of blew of chances off. However after a couple of cracking results in the last few weeks, i seem to have gotten my hunger back to go watch Town.

Great results against Luton, Gateshead and Newport have really made me think that maybe things are gelling with the squad.

There seems to be a good bond between the lads (well what Ive seen on twitter) and the new boys seem to be doing the business.
We have to keep them though, even if it is until the end of the season. S&H need to sort that.

Forget about Hearn for now, I'm doubting that we will see much of him this season.

Its a massive game on Saturday against Dartford and i can say that finally, after a while, I'm looking forward to going.

Hopefully we can nip into the place off places and stay there!
UTM

I still can't get used to seeing things like the statement in bold. Massive and Dartford in the same sentence.

As for the appetite coming back. I'll be more convinced when we start dispatching teams away from BP. Too many draws to look utterly convincing yet.

Promising signs with the back four and solid midfield but still think we need to be a bit more creative away from home.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
BIGChris
October 2, 2012, 1:37pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from ginnywings

I still can't get used to seeing things like the statement in bold. Massive and Dartford in the same sentence.

As for the appetite coming back. I'll be more convinced when we start dispatching teams away from BP. Too many draws to look utterly convincing yet.

Promising signs with the back four and solid midfield but still think we need to be a bit more creative away from home.

Agreed. I said after Saturdays draw that we really need to be braver away from home and really go for it. Having been to the majority of away games i feel we could/should be at least 6 points better off than we are.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
wodewick
October 2, 2012, 1:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +24
I have just bought my tickets for Saturday which will be the first game for almost a year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
Maringer
October 2, 2012, 1:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
Bloody glory-hunters, popping out of the woodwork left, right and centre...  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
denni266
October 2, 2012, 1:57pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from Maringer
Bloody glory-hunters, popping out of the woodwork left, right and centre...  

and the more the better lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
Gary Haddock
October 2, 2012, 2:40pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from ginnywings

Too many draws?!

Are you not convinced by the 4 wins at home out of 6 so far this season?

Grimsby 1, Stockport 2.  
Grimsby 0, Nuneaton 0.  
Grimsby 4, Mansfield 1.  
Grimsby 1, Forest Green 0.  
Grimsby 4, Luton 1.  
Grimsby 3, Gateshead 0.  

I'm very happy with the above results so far at BP, though beating Stockport and Nuneaton would of obviously been better. But hey won our last 4 home games, onwards and upwards. UTM!

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
mariner91
October 2, 2012, 2:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,820
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from Gary Haddock

Too many draws?!

Are you not convinced by the 4 wins at home out of 6 so far this season?

Grimsby 1, Stockport 2.  
Grimsby 0, Nuneaton 0.  
Grimsby 4, Mansfield 1.  
Grimsby 1, Forest Green 0.  
Grimsby 4, Luton 1.  
Grimsby 3, Gateshead 0.  

I'm very happy with the above results so far at BP, though beating Stockport and Nuneaton would of obviously been better. But hey won our last 4 home games, onwards and upwards. UTM!

Read what he said. Too many draws away from home. And he's right, we've only won once, couldn't even dispatch the team who were bottom of the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
Gary Haddock
October 2, 2012, 2:55pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from mariner91

Read what he said. Too many draws away from home. And he's right, we've only won once, couldn't even dispatch the team who were bottom of the league.

I actually did read what it said, "I'll be more convinced when we start dispatching teams away from BP. Too many draws to look utterly convincing yet."  doesn't say anything about away games, plus he was talking about comming back to BP, no mentions of away games too. sorry.  

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
BIGChris
October 2, 2012, 3:06pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Gary Haddock

I actually did read what it said, "I'll be more convinced when we start dispatching teams away from BP. Too many draws to look utterly convincing yet."  doesn't say anything about away games, plus he was talking about comming back to BP, no mentions of away games too. sorry.  

Oh dear!
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The appetite coming back?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.