Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The appetite coming back?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 95 Guests

The appetite coming back?

This thread currently has 2,386 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Corkyefes
October 2, 2012, 10:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 10
I must admit, i wasn't too bothered about this season and kind of blew of chances off. However after a couple of cracking results in the last few weeks, i seem to have gotten my hunger back to go watch Town.

Great results against Luton, Gateshead and Newport have really made me think that maybe things are gelling with the squad.

There seems to be a good bond between the lads (well what Ive seen on twitter) and the new boys seem to be doing the business.
We have to keep them though, even if it is until the end of the season. S&H need to sort that.

Forget about Hearn for now, I'm doubting that we will see much of him this season.

Its a massive game on Saturday against Dartford and i can say that finally, after a while, I'm looking forward to going.

Hopefully we can nip into the place off places and stay there!
UTM
Private Message
ginnywings
October 2, 2012, 1:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.00
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,156
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Corkyefes
I must admit, i wasn't too bothered about this season and kind of blew of chances off. However after a couple of cracking results in the last few weeks, i seem to have gotten my hunger back to go watch Town.

Great results against Luton, Gateshead and Newport have really made me think that maybe things are gelling with the squad.

There seems to be a good bond between the lads (well what Ive seen on twitter) and the new boys seem to be doing the business.
We have to keep them though, even if it is until the end of the season. S&H need to sort that.

Forget about Hearn for now, I'm doubting that we will see much of him this season.

Its a massive game on Saturday against Dartford and i can say that finally, after a while, I'm looking forward to going.

Hopefully we can nip into the place off places and stay there!
UTM

I still can't get used to seeing things like the statement in bold. Massive and Dartford in the same sentence.

As for the appetite coming back. I'll be more convinced when we start dispatching teams away from BP. Too many draws to look utterly convincing yet.

Promising signs with the back four and solid midfield but still think we need to be a bit more creative away from home.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
BIGChris
October 2, 2012, 1:37pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from ginnywings

I still can't get used to seeing things like the statement in bold. Massive and Dartford in the same sentence.

As for the appetite coming back. I'll be more convinced when we start dispatching teams away from BP. Too many draws to look utterly convincing yet.

Promising signs with the back four and solid midfield but still think we need to be a bit more creative away from home.

Agreed. I said after Saturdays draw that we really need to be braver away from home and really go for it. Having been to the majority of away games i feel we could/should be at least 6 points better off than we are.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
wodewick
October 2, 2012, 1:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +24
I have just bought my tickets for Saturday which will be the first game for almost a year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
Maringer
October 2, 2012, 1:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,769
Gold Stars: 189
Bloody glory-hunters, popping out of the woodwork left, right and centre...  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
denni266
October 2, 2012, 1:57pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from Maringer

and the more the better lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
Gary Haddock
October 2, 2012, 2:40pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from ginnywings

Too many draws?!

Are you not convinced by the 4 wins at home out of 6 so far this season?

Grimsby 1, Stockport 2.  
Grimsby 0, Nuneaton 0.  
Grimsby 4, Mansfield 1.  
Grimsby 1, Forest Green 0.  
Grimsby 4, Luton 1.  
Grimsby 3, Gateshead 0.  

I'm very happy with the above results so far at BP, though beating Stockport and Nuneaton would of obviously been better. But hey won our last 4 home games, onwards and upwards. UTM!

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
mariner91
October 2, 2012, 2:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,893
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from Gary Haddock

Too many draws?!

Are you not convinced by the 4 wins at home out of 6 so far this season?

Grimsby 1, Stockport 2.  
Grimsby 0, Nuneaton 0.  
Grimsby 4, Mansfield 1.  
Grimsby 1, Forest Green 0.  
Grimsby 4, Luton 1.  
Grimsby 3, Gateshead 0.  

I'm very happy with the above results so far at BP, though beating Stockport and Nuneaton would of obviously been better. But hey won our last 4 home games, onwards and upwards. UTM!

Read what he said. Too many draws away from home. And he's right, we've only won once, couldn't even dispatch the team who were bottom of the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
Gary Haddock
October 2, 2012, 2:55pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Read what he said. Too many draws away from home. And he's right, we've only won once, couldn't even dispatch the team who were bottom of the league.

I actually did read what it said, "I'll be more convinced when we start dispatching teams away from BP. Too many draws to look utterly convincing yet."  doesn't say anything about away games, plus he was talking about comming back to BP, no mentions of away games too. sorry.  

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
BIGChris
October 2, 2012, 3:06pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Quoted from Gary Haddock

I actually did read what it said, "I'll be more convinced when we start dispatching teams away from BP. Too many draws to look utterly convincing yet."  doesn't say anything about away games, plus he was talking about comming back to BP, no mentions of away games too. sorry.  

Oh dear!
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
Gary Haddock
October 2, 2012, 3:12pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from BIGChris

Oh dear!

"I'll be more convinced when we start dispatching teams away from BP," after reading it again, I misinterpreted, I thought he meant sending teams away from BP with no points. So I do apoligise.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
Gary Haddock
October 2, 2012, 3:15pm

Brandy Drinker
SORRY!   Hope I didn't offend anyone by my stupidity.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
oldun
October 2, 2012, 4:51pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from Gary Haddock

If people are offended by stupidity then they should not be on this forum

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
Corkyefes
October 2, 2012, 4:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Maringer

Never stated that i haven't been to the games.

Ive been to every one. Just not really been as 'up beat' to go as i am now.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
wodewick
October 2, 2012, 5:15pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +24
Quoted from Corkyefes

Never stated that i haven't been to the games.

Ive been to every one. Just not really been as 'up beat' to go as i am now.

Think he might have been having a pop at me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
rancido
October 2, 2012, 7:20pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,684
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from ginnywings

I still can't get used to seeing things like the statement in bold. Massive and Dartford in the same sentence. As for the appetite coming back. I'll be more convinced when we start dispatching teams away from BP. Too many draws to look utterly convincing yet.

I know what you mean but the same could apply if we were back in League 1 and we were playing Crawley on Saturday. Since automatic relegation out of the Football League was introduced the lower two divisions have seen some very unlikely sounding teams in them.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
brad_gtfc
October 2, 2012, 7:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Definitely. See people coming out the woodwork left, right and centre now. I love it, more people going to the games the better. Its actually nice to see abit of buzz about the team for a change.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
Super Clive
October 2, 2012, 8:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from brad_gtfc
Definitely. See people coming out the woodwork left, right and centre now. I love it, more people going to the games the better. Its actually nice to see abit of buzz about the team for a change.

Agree with this. Get your bottom down to bp folks!
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
NorthseaMariner
October 3, 2012, 8:17am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
There is a bit of a buzz starting to come. I stopped going to BP, as I couldn't stand the Saterday night depression of being beaten by teams that I had no idea where they were on the map. But I'm back again and looking forward to another good game and at least a possible win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
October 3, 2012, 8:28am
Guest User
IT makes me laugh people moaning because " people are coming out the woodwork now " FFS surely the more money the club can make now the better the future of the club will be. I am all up for an extra 1000 on home gates giving the club around £14000 extra gate recipts, and lets face it we certainly are not able to call them Glory hunting or owt as we are non league for goodness sake !

So very strange GTFC fans on this Forum (and others) who think its a private no entry area unless they say so .. well the more the merrier

UTMM lets get 4000 Saturday and have some more moaners complaining about the "Glory Hunters" love it  
Reply: 19 - 26
NorthseaMariner
October 3, 2012, 8:39am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
I'm with you Gazza. you cannot blame people for not going when the team aren't producing the goods. It's an entertainment business. Make them want to go to BP, play well when they do go, even if we don't win and they'll come back again. And as us oldies know, once you get the masses wanting to go, fell the atmosphere in BP.
Roll on another good performance and hopefuuly a win, and up the league we go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
forza ivano
October 3, 2012, 9:34am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,302
Gold Stars: 266
first home game for bout 6 months - although it's only because a lad from my local supports Dartford and has offered to drive! bit more appetite from me but still expecting a depressing 2-0 defeat  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
Maringer
October 3, 2012, 10:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,769
Gold Stars: 189
I don't think that anybody at all on this thread has moaned about supporters coming back to BP, have they?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
Trawler
October 3, 2012, 10:31am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Quoted from forza ivano
first home game for bout 6 months - although it's only because a lad from my local supports Dartford and has offered to drive! bit more appetite from me but still expecting a depressing 2-0 defeat  

Good on yer A. I'll be at Braintree following the Lawrie Mac night. Are you up for that too?

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
arryarryarry
October 3, 2012, 11:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,024
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Gary Haddock

Thank you you have just confirmed my thoughts about you.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
nickmariners
October 3, 2012, 11:28am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from 891
IT makes me laugh people moaning because " people are coming out the woodwork now " FFS surely the more money the club can make now the better the future of the club will be. I am all up for an extra 1000 on home gates giving the club around £14000 extra gate recipts, and lets face it we certainly are not able to call them Glory hunting or owt as we are non league for goodness sake !

So very strange GTFC fans on this Forum (and others) who think its a private no entry area unless they say so .. well the more the merrier

UTMM lets get 4000 Saturday and have some more moaners complaining about the "Glory Hunters" love it  

Gazza - I agree with everything you say. But....  I think the post you are responding to was just a gentle joke.  Tee-hee
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
arryarryarry
October 3, 2012, 11:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,024
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from 891

If you are responding to Maringer's comment, I think he was joking hence the smiley.

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The appetite coming back?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.