2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariners Trust
September 24, 2012, 8:36am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +87
Lawrie Mac is back!

The Trust are pleased to announce an Evening with Lawrie Mcmenemy to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the 1972 Div 4 Championship winning side.

Many of the players from the era will be in attendance.

Date is Friday 16th November in McMenemys.

See Trust web site for more details.

http://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/

Logged Offline
Private Message
Trawler
September 24, 2012, 8:36am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
What a fantastic night in November this promises to be! Lawrie is a legend.   Mariners Trust I salute you and I'll be in like Flynn. The Buckley night was legendary - Fishy readers miss this at your peril!

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
September 24, 2012, 2:09pm
Guest User
Hats off to the trust for arranging this. He's a big name, but if I'm brutally honest his spell at Town a bit before my time. In fact, I wasn't born!

I'll pop along anyway as he is a character but I won't be able to relate to many of the players he talks about. He was only here a couple of seasons wasn't he?
Reply: 2 - 18
Trawler
October 1, 2012, 3:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Just got my five tickets. May well get some more.

Only 133 left! Get 'em while they're hot.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
psgmariner
October 1, 2012, 3:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.68
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from 75
Hats off to the trust for arranging this. He's a big name, but if I'm brutally honest his spell at Town a bit before my time. In fact, I wasn't born!

I'll pop along anyway as he is a character but I won't be able to relate to many of the players he talks about. He was only here a couple of seasons wasn't he?

Before my time as well but really looking forward to it after missing the Buckley evening.

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
newfootballer
October 1, 2012, 4:59pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Quoted from 75

Vicar,
I was here when the big Fella was the Manager, and you played against me also, and played well  I can tell you.

Laurie was the England assistant Manager to another Ex Town captain Graham Taylor, Laurie also tells stories on how he and Graham handled Paul Gasgoine well worth seeing the great man.
NEWFOOTBALLER
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
Trawler
October 1, 2012, 5:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from newfootballer

[/b]

Vicar,
I was here when the big Fella was the Manager, and you played against me also, and played well  I can tell you.

Laurie was the England assistant Manager to another Ex Town captain Graham Taylor, Laurie also tells stories on how he and Graham handled Paul Gasgoine well worth seeing the great man.
NEWFOOTBALLER

Erm - you might want to check the spelling of his first name before you send him a Christmas card Dave  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
STB
October 1, 2012, 5:29pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Gascoigne

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
October 1, 2012, 7:11pm
Guest User
Quoted from newfootballer

[/b]

Vicar,

NEWFOOTBALLER

Cheers Dave, I'll pop along. Look forward to it, I'm sure it will be a top night if it's anything like the AB evening.
Reply: 8 - 18
jock dock tower
October 1, 2012, 8:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
You can also pay homage to Matt Tees...."born is the king of Blundell Park"

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › An Evening with Lawrie McMenemy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.