September 2, 2012, 9:47pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from BIGChris

He was excellent yesterday and deserved a goal

Yes he was and also you could tell by his body language that hes low on confidence

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 206
chaos33
September 2, 2012, 10:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from ska face

Also the first time Hereford have been beaten at home since March, I'm realiably informed.

Fantastic win against one of the teams fancied to do very well this year.

That's a win (& clean sheet) away at Hereford, comfortable win against Mansfield, a point (& clean sheet) away at Wrexham and a decent point away at Southport. I definitely would have taken that at the start of the season.

Yeah, I agree. It's also only one defeat in six, and that was a complete fluke anyway. I think the overall picture looks brighter because of the last two results. When you look at it like that, it's astonishing what 2 results can do to the overall picture. The 2 games against Stockport and Nuneaton were awful - the performances as much as the outcomes, and I think the lesson for everyone has to be more of a sense of balance. Reactions on here are very extreme generally -  people post any old impulse without reflecting properly, or setting things into a real context.

So, after 6 games, do we look like we might be a team in contention? We are very tight-looking defensively and are not exactly struggling to score goals, but there must still be some improvement to come in our performances. Goals and victories often conceal shortcomings, just as they also over-emphasise strengths, but we are probably still lacking a really good central midfielder and a natural, good quality attacking left sided player. We could lump it less in the channels,  pass it more and we could pass it better, and, IMO, we'll need to address these points if we're to become a top 5 team and not just a top 10 team.

The one thing that complicates forecasting a season's likely outcome at this stage is that we really don't know if there are genuinely good teams in the division, and how could we? Six games isn't enough to be talking intelligently about that, and some folk should desist in their obsessions with 'working that out'. Last year there were 3 or more very effective sides. I doubt many Town fans have seen a decent team yet, which ought to give us hope. We must capitalise now though and beat these teams before they find their feet, starting with 3 more points on Tuesday.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 206
BIGChris
September 2, 2012, 11:02pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from aaron rattray

Yes he was and also you could tell by his body language that hes low on confidence

I disagree. I though his body language showed he was 'up for it' he always showed for the ball there was no hiding which you often see from someone low on confidence.
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 206
aaron rattray
September 3, 2012, 7:50am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from BIGChris

I disagree. I though his body language showed he was 'up for it' he always showed for the ball there was no hiding which you often see from someone low on confidence.

Near the end just before he got subbed he crossed the ball the keeper caught it and he put his head down, when he got subbed he trounced off with his head down and Scott and hurst had to give him words of encouragement

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 206
oldun
September 3, 2012, 8:10am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Understandably Cookie would like to have scored a goal or two. It is probably playing on his mind and he is trying too hard. Needs to relax a bit. Similar thing happened last year with Hearn and he came through Ok. I hope S & H keep playing him and that he gets his first goal tonight against his old club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 206
wigworld
September 3, 2012, 8:14am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
The goal flood for Hearn started against his old team, Alfreton. Let's hope the same thing happens for Cook against Barrow on Tuesday night.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 205 - 206
barrovianbedlam
September 3, 2012, 8:23am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Quoted from oldun
. I hope S & H keep playing him and that he gets his first goal tonight against his old club.

i  know cookie had a reputation at barow for being a bit thick, and i really hope  turns up at holker street tonight instead of tomorrow.    could just imagine him stood on the pitch wondering were everone is.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 206
21 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hereford v Town match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.