7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
August 27, 2012, 5:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Credit where it is due. That was as good a performance over 90 mins as i have seen for a long time.

We were better in every department and quite frankly, despite all their money and players, Mansfield were very poor and disjointed, a bit like us up to this point. They resorted to bringing on the biggest player i have ever seen. He was huge and was just a battering ram. He scored but it should have been a free kick to us for a push on Disley.

No mind because we were great all over the pitch. Hard to pick a MOM but i thought Pond was fantastic and so was Bradley Wood. Good performances all over the side and we looked contenders on that showing.

Much much better and the scoreline didn't flatter us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Alfie
August 27, 2012, 5:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Pretty much that ^.

I'm the first to have a big go when we lose so i'll be the first to say i'm delighted they proved me wrong today!

Start to finish, we got what we expected from the very start of the season. Up in the oppositions faces, good hold up play by the front two and some decent attacking football. We're one of the best defensive teams in the league so if we can get the ball up into Cook and Pearson and then follow them up as we did today we'll do alright.

Artus was the only one who you could argue was off the boil but a great finish from him to make up for it.

I'm his biggest critic so i'll go MOM to Brad Wood today for a solid, passionate defensive display that drove the rest of the team on. Colbeck, Niven (who looks exactly what we've been crying out for on the back of the last two displays) and the Pearsons run him very close tho.

HAVE to build on this now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 60
Super Clive
August 27, 2012, 5:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Agree with this, that's all we want to see when we pay our money. they deserve credit for that performance!

We played some lovely football on the deck today and that is deffo the way forward!

Again well done town, now keep it up!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 60
BlackBoots
August 27, 2012, 5:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Quoted from ginnywings
Credit where it is due. That was as good a performance over 90 mins as i have seen for a long time.

We were better in every department and quite frankly, despite all their money and players, Mansfield were very poor and disjointed, a bit like us up to this point. They resorted to bringing on the biggest player i have ever seen. He was huge and was just a battering ram. He scored but it should have been a free kick to us for a push on Disley.No mind because we were great all over the pitch. Hard to pick a MOM but i thought Pond was fantastic and so was Bradley Wood. Good performances all over the side and we looked contenders on that showing.

Much much better and the scoreline didn't flatter us.

No foul in a million years. Shoulder to shoulder with the ball in playing distance. Out strenthed.

Actually thought Disley had a very good game. His touch was generally very good and his pass to Colbeck for his goal early in the build up was sublime.

I hadn't seen any of the pre season games and wondered what the hype was about Cook but todya the front two were excellent.

Mansfield showed that money isnt everything. The criteria for signing for them must be based on height and width! If i were their chairman I wouldnt want to be paying their food bill. They have fallen into the trap that every player must be the size of a house to compete in the this league

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 60
Hagrid
August 27, 2012, 5:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,524
Gold Stars: 544
Great performance from town, G Pearson my MOM fantastic all round display, have to kick on now! And for once thought the ref was pretty decent apart from booking S pearson when that fat girl private came on- Onwards and upwards UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 60
rickcotown
August 27, 2012, 5:24pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Been on nights just got up so pleased after been at the game last week did not imagine this scoreline after been so poor . I hope we push on now

lets be nice now we all follow the town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 60
topuphere666
August 27, 2012, 5:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Their directors looks very unhappy at the final whistle, I would imagine the manager is under a lot of pressure already.

Anyway back to us, I thought we were quality today. The back 4 were strong and worked together better than I have seen us do for a long time. I would love to see Pond here all season, he is such a strong committed player who won everything.

Artus was quiet to begin with but his finish was sublime and it brought him to life.

G Pearson started off slow but grew into the game and finished well. Cook was quality as well he won every header and held up the play. Hearn should link up well with him when fit

All in all a great performance against a poor Mansfield side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 60
AndyGTFC
August 27, 2012, 5:30pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Chuffed to bits with that, very good performance against a team that are supposed to be second favourites for the league. They certainly weren't very impressive today.

That performance proved that we have signed some good players when we got going. We looked so much more confident and obviously that first win will boost confidence even more. Need to stop with the knee jerk reactions and just wait and see because if we can play like that then we'll win games without a doubt.

The whole team played well but a few stood out. Colbeck was great. He caused Mansfield all sorts of problems today with his pace. Pearson was very good also and linked up really well with Cook. It was definitely the best the two strikers have played this season.

Well done Town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 60
lawless29
August 27, 2012, 5:32pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +11
load excrement sack the managers mr fenty resign and the players need a rocket up their behinds  

https://www.facebook.com/GrimsbyCleethorpesHistory
[url=http://postimage.org/][img]http://s7.postimage.org/6lz8j8h4r/403320_362485870431139_1145829449_n.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://postimage.org/]photo upload[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 60
mariner91
August 27, 2012, 5:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,772
Gold Stars: 262
Lets hope our season has finally started.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 60
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.