davmariner
August 27, 2012, 6:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from ginnywings
Credit where it is due. That was as good a performance over 90 mins as i have seen for a long time.

We were better in every department and quite frankly, despite all their money and players, Mansfield were very poor and disjointed, a bit like us up to this point. They resorted to bringing on the biggest player i have ever seen. He was huge and was just a battering ram. He scored but it should have been a free kick to us for a push on Disley.

No mind because we were great all over the pitch. Hard to pick a MOM but i thought Pond was fantastic and so was Bradley Wood. Good performances all over the side and we looked contenders on that showing.

Much much better and the scoreline didn't flatter us.

Yeah pretty much this to be honest. Thought Colbeck, Wood, Niven and both Pearsons were particularly excellent but everyone played well and it was a v good performance.

On a slight negative I'm still unsure about Andy Cook!

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 60
aaron rattray
August 27, 2012, 6:45pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from Alfie

Stopped reading after that.
His "dodgy work with the ball" won all by itself. That and a superb turn of pace!

First 5 minutes 3 clearences or supposed long balls from him scooped into the air or went wrong i noticed this in pre season aswell, i think he needs to take a touch as playing the ball first time seems to be his weakest part

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 60
Hagrid
August 27, 2012, 6:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,524
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from aaron rattray
I thought pearson was better than pond, wood was very good,  still not convinced by thomas, seems to be quite dodgy with the ball at his feet when he has to play it first time, a couple of clearences by him got scooped up in the air especially first 5 minutes, it seems as so hes poor  at first time balls so he needs to take a touch still played well though, thought colbeck was excellent, disley and triangle head niven played nicely, i thought artus was brilliant unlike most others on here, i actually thought cook was no better than average and his shooting today was poor, still not convinced by greg pearson, quite leggy and his touch today was poor, but cook and pearson played better than i expected but still not brilliant, not many long balls today, not brilliant peformance but good, and a confidence booster

Your entitled to your opinion aaron but I think you were watching a different game! Greg pearson was outstanding, thomas is great with the ball at his feet but as said, your entittled to your opinion
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 60
BlackBoots
August 27, 2012, 6:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Quoted from davmariner

After today?

We havent had a striker who wins as much in the air for many a season and his pass for Colbeck which led to the opening goal was top quality. At 21 there is much more to come from the cookie monster
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 60
meggietown
August 27, 2012, 6:48pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from voice of reason

Whoa, chill out pal... It was what you put... "to win the league 4 -1"... It was only a gentle wind up... now I think you're sharp object though...  

only one of them mate an thats you  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 60
nickmariners
August 27, 2012, 6:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +520
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from davmariner

Yeah pretty much this to be honest. Thought Colbeck, Wood, Niven and both Pearsons were particularly excellent but everyone played well and it was a v good performance.

Don't be!   Cook was excellent today -- his ability to cushion the ball on his chest and quickly lay it off, turn, run and receive were great.   He did just that at the start of the move that ended up with Artus' terrific goal strike.  I was very impressed by Cook --- and all of them.  They played for each other, showed for the ball  (lots of smart, fast interchanges in the midfield and onto front men, at last), and followed up for second ball after lost possession --- showing heart and technical skill.  UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 60
voice of reason
August 27, 2012, 6:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from meggietown

only one of them mate an thats you  

Clearly...  

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 60
aaron rattray
August 27, 2012, 6:52pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from Hagrid

Your entitled to your opinion aaron but I think you were watching a different game! Greg pearson was outstanding, thomas is great with the ball at his feet but as said, your entittled to your opinion

Pearson started of slowly but got better, thomas just needs to take a touch and then hes fine

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 60
Garth
August 27, 2012, 6:52pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Well played Town, good performance all round made my day,  its not important but loved to have kept a clean sheet for three in a row, lets push on now onwards and upwards nice to see Brad back
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 60
semilapsedmariner
August 27, 2012, 7:13pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: +0
They came to out muscle or was it fat us out of the game, but they at least they didn't set out to stop us playing.
Great game and we gave as good as we got.
But have we got the skills to play around teams like nuneaton who will come to stop us playing?
Breaking dowm eleven behind the ball is different from running round mobile chicanes.

Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play.
It is bound up with hatred,jealousy,boastfullness,
disregard of all rules and a sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence;
In other words it is war without the shooting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.