Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › derek the muppett on humberside.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 78 Guests

derek the muppett on humberside.

This thread currently has 3,585 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
August 26, 2012, 12:56pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,392
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
On the Artus topic, he obviously played today because we wanted to be defensively stronger. He's not a winger, but he did his job as hoped today.

Im with you Artus gets some stick and a lot of the time it isnt of his making he is a fine footballer with a decent range of passing but never in a million years is he a wideman and i would never let him near a set piece either based on todays delivery but for my money he would get either Disley or Niven`s shirt in the centre.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 36
lew1983
August 26, 2012, 12:56pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Quoted from lukeo
if we are going to hoof it just play 4-2-4 and hoof the fornicator up to the 4 front men. Me personally think 4-2-3-1 is the new rage and would go for that and try pass the ball on the floor but i'm not the manager.

like the sounds of that 4-2-3-1 get the ball on the deck and pass it. Sod the hoof ball tactics, play to our strengths.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 36
louth_in_the_south
August 26, 2012, 1:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,716
Gold Stars: 96
It makes me laugh everyone going on about this hoof ball we supposedly play . It's complete boll.ox ! Watch the game again and make your own judgement instead of jumping on the bandwagon !

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 36
louth_in_the_south
August 26, 2012, 1:47pm

Exile
I think people are actually getting hoof ball mixed up with lack of technical ability

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 36
lew1983
August 26, 2012, 1:48pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
It makes me laugh everyone going on about this hoof ball we supposedly play . It's complete boll.ox ! Watch the game again and make your own judgement instead of jumping on the bandwagon !

it is there for all to see, aimlessly lofting the ball forward in the hope that we somehow manage to create a chance. how you can you not spot this. If we aren't playing hoof ball then what game do you think we are playing then?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 36
louth_in_the_south
August 26, 2012, 2:12pm

Exile
The first 10 mins I was thinking it was true not having seen them before this season . Once they'd settled we started using the ball better , Niven esp looking good at winning it and giving it simple . The 2nd half we took more of a control of the game having some good counter attacks that we didn't exploit . That was more to do with lack of cutting edge up front , elding being the most wasteful . Not convinced by the cookie monster either .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 36
0ld timer
August 26, 2012, 5:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
The first 10 mins I was thinking it was true not having seen them before this season . Once they'd settled we started using the ball better , Niven esp looking good at winning it and giving it simple . The 2nd half we took more of a control of the game having some good counter attacks that we didn't exploit . That was more to do with lack of cutting edge up front , elding being the most wasteful . Not convinced by the cookie monster either .

the thing is mate that a fair few supporters think that winning the ball and a simple pass makes a bad footballer . james hunt was the same but when he left some people realised what he did for the team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › derek the muppett on humberside.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.