Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Striker, why?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 77 Guests

New Striker, why?

This thread currently has 3,714 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
nightrider
August 24, 2012, 10:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
I was under the impression we needed one midfielder, one left winger. That was it. Two players.
If I was Mr Scott, I would have sold my house and lived in a caravan if it meant signing a player like Jack Mackreth. It never happened.
I was suprised by the players they got rid of including a KHM who would often beat a man.

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 43
petethemariner
August 25, 2012, 12:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from nightrider
I was under the impression we needed one midfielder, one left winger. That was it. Two players.
If I was Mr Scott, I would have sold my house and lived in a caravan if it meant signing a player like Jack Mackreth. It never happened.
I was suprised by the players they got rid of including a KHM who would often beat a man.

I can tell you exactly why - he was 5 ft 8 ish and the balls we play to our forwards would be 3 and a half feet over his head, instead of the normal three feet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 43
nightrider
August 25, 2012, 3:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Pete, thats exactly why we needed JM.

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 43
80sglory
August 25, 2012, 4:15pm
Guest User
Quoted from jonnyboy82

I think the first 3 matches of the season might explain why too.

But it doesn't though, isn't that the point ?

The play of front players has been very disappointing (sorry I can't explain why but who can ?).
But I can't knock the strikers too much if they're getting no chances.
You coud stick Micheel Owen in the Town team but goalscorers need service to deliver.

We've baraely seen the team play tbh (especially Southwell) and think there's a little too much panicking.
Whatever happens, thank god for Premier Sports.
Reply: 33 - 43
pontoonlew
August 25, 2012, 7:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Anybody who still thinks we don't need a new striker after that needs there flipping head testing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 43
nightrider
August 25, 2012, 7:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Striker? We havent got no feckin money. Literally.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 43
grimsby pete
August 25, 2012, 7:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from pontoonlew
Anybody who still thinks we don't need a new striker after that needs there flipping head testing.

Agree

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 43
1mickylyons
August 25, 2012, 7:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,392
Gold Stars: 56
You could have stuck RVP and Rooney up front but with the service to our forwards they would struggle to score.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 43
nightrider
August 25, 2012, 7:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Damien scored today.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 43
pontoonlew
August 25, 2012, 8:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from 1mickylyons
You could have stuck RVP and Rooney up front but with the service to our forwards they would struggle to score.

It's easy to say that, but nobody up top is getting involved. They don't have the mobility to do so, they don't have the mobility to drop deep for the ball and frighten defences by picking the ball up and running at them. The problem with that is that the ball has to be booted up to them because there's no other way of getting them involved in play. The gap between our deepest striker and our most attacking midfielder is flipping huge! Liam would drop back, pick up the ball and go get himself involved. Pearson tries doing that but he's not quick or clever enough to carry it out. We need a striker with pace, a striker who will utilise a player like Cook and vice versa.

We saw last season what a different player Elding was with Hearn than he was with Duffy. Target men can't play together and we will not see the potential of Cook and Pearson whilst there isn't a different type of striker here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Striker, why?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.