Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 83 Guests

fentys audio statement

This thread currently has 6,532 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
roundballovalhole
August 22, 2012, 8:38pm
Guest User
'Fenty's Audio Statement'  would be a great name for a  band Reckon they'd play  cyberpunk sh1t!
Reply: 50 - 72
Gary Haddock
August 22, 2012, 8:40pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from tonyfordsmicrofro

This is my point though Gary. These are the years when I have supported Town the most and it's all been downhill. It just irks me that he still expects or at least hopes that we will still "get down to The Park".

Get the Cockney to say a few words. He's had chance to simmer off after Saturday and reflect on things. After last years "if you don't facking etc" rant I thought he came across okay in his apology/interview on radio Hullberside which was aired a few days after.

ah ok sorry, and yeh I agree, he should or even the players themselves should give a statement if they can't improve. but in agreement with Fenty it's only 3 games, and just like Crawley and Fleetwood had bumpy starts this is ours, so let's give them until at least like Fenty said, the Mansfield game then see what they have to say for themselves.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 72
tonyfordsmicrofro
August 22, 2012, 8:46pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
Quoted from Gary Haddock

ah ok sorry, and yeh I agree, he should or even the players themselves should give a statement if they can't improve. but in agreement with Fenty it's only 3 games, and just like Crawley and Fleetwood had bumpy starts this is ours, so let's give them until at least like Fenty said, the Mansfield game then see what they have to say for themselves.

Yeah, fair points mate although not sure about players giving statements because that would just be a bit weird in my opinion. I might go to Wrexham on Saturday, if I do and we're still crap, I definitely won't be going to see us against Mansfield.

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 72
Mrs Doyle
August 22, 2012, 8:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Can someone please tell me WHERE Fenty blames the fans in that interview because I can't find it.

People are quoting things he did not say no wonder he sounds peed off.

Listen to it again he says SOME FANS are blaming him or the fans for our current performances NOTHING ELSE.

Christ on a bike I hope some of you never do jury service.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 72
GTFC_IMMING
August 22, 2012, 9:20pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
seriously people if fenty were to go who on earth would come in and take the helm at club???absoloutely nobody,love him or hate him without him this club ceases to exist,so i think people should be very careful what they wish for,the guy backs the managers with a competative budget season on season which for me is astonishing considering the non return and financial losses the club suffers season on season,until there is someone else that can come in and back the club financially like he has then we should be grateful he here,and anyone with any financial power or any ounce of business knowledge would not touch grimsby town with a barge pole and certainly not with there hard earned money because they would never make a return
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 72
Maringer
August 22, 2012, 9:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,689
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Can someone please tell me WHERE Fenty blames the fans in that interview because I can't find it.

People are quoting things he did not say no wonder he sounds peed off.

Listen to it again he says SOME FANS are blaming him or the fans for our current performances NOTHING ELSE.

Christ on a bike I hope some of you never do jury service.

Come on, MrsD. Surely you've realised the way The Fishy works?

1. Form opinion
2. Watch interview
3. Post rant

Of course, it would be much more logical to:

1. Watch interview
2. Form opinion
3. Post rant

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 72
roundballovalhole
August 22, 2012, 10:22pm
Guest User
[quote=4379]seriously people if fenty were to go who on earth would come in and take the helm at club???absoloutely nobody,love him or hate him without him this club ceases to exist,so i think people should be very careful what they wish for,the guy backs the managers with a competative budget season on season which for me is astonishing considering the non return and financial losses the club suffers season on season,until there is someone else that can come in and back the club financially like he has then we should be grateful he here,and anyone with any financial power or any ounce of business knowledge would not touch grimsby town with a barge pole and certainly not with there hard earned money because they would never make a return[/
quote]

Hi John!

The club raises pretty much all of its money from gate reciepts.

Fenty's loans probably pay for all of his fu(k ups. . . Appointing drunks, clueless amateur double acts, squad churn journeymen, tapping up managers etc etc

Just think about this . . . Parker gave more in one season than fenty has ever given. . . All of tory-boy's money he wants back!!!!!!

Reason parker pulled out? Honest John's sharp practices.

Parker does the decent thing and gives fans real power and fenty has soon got his snout in the trough.

Folk are taken in by fenty but look what happens when he comes under the scrutiny of a court and judge. . . His crookedness soon came to light.

Reply: 56 - 72
tonyfordsmicrofro
August 22, 2012, 10:46pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
Quoted from 1054
'Fenty's Audio Statement'  would be a great name for a  band Reckon they'd play  cyberpunk sh1t!

This almost made me smile. A superb attempt at humour by your standards.

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 72
80sglory
August 22, 2012, 10:54pm
Guest User
Fair play to JF or anyone who tries to get everyone pulling in a positive direction.
I agree with him that it's important we get behind the players.

But do S&H (and JF) also understand that if helps massively for fans to have something to feed off too ? (Neil Woods recognized this !)

Yes "facts are they come to stop us" is certainly true but seems to me we don't always help ourselves either ?
Surely if we KNOW they're gonna sit back we should be attacking them with all our might from the first whistle to gee up the crowd instead of playing any waiting game of "patience" ?
Seems to me if we're inviting the clock to tick on then we're inviting trouble upon ourselves so early goal (or effort to get it) is even more important.

I can understand the theory once the players cross the white line there's nothing more that can be done.
But it's not the first time we've seen this team come out a lot more serious after H/T or be rushing around at the end.
So in that case, why on earth aren't S&H motivating the players to give 100% from the off ?

"It's fair to say the last game Grimsby Town players looked a little flat but in all fairness, you might say that the opposition was flat as well."

Not sure I get the point here ?...
Even if you accept the opposition were flat(personally I thought they closed us down quite well), what's that got to do with our approach ?
Not criticizing here, I just don't get the point ?...

I agree with the statement "we need to put any negative thoughts out of our minds." (at BP at least)
If you ask me it's slighly embarrassing there needs to be any hint(if that's what it is) for fans not to voice their displeasure (I mean it should be obvious to fans anyway !  ).
But at the end of the day perhaps it only potentially becomes a much larger problem towards the end of the game anyway !

We could simply try to stop the chance of any effect it MAY have with much more effort and the right tactics from the word go.
So yes I believe the fans can try a little harder but if the team puts it in first, it makes the fans job much easier !

I'll be taking a break for a while soon but I'll be there in spirit with you fellow mariners.
Give it your best shot and if the team can do the same, at least we're giving ourselves a real chance to turn it round together.
UTM.

Quoted from Gary Haddock
and if Fenty leaves, then what?

Then with a flash of the magic wand, all issues and problems vanish...   

Thing that strikes me is SOME people are very quick to say "Fenty out", don't do this or that etc, but not so keen to say what THEY would do and how THEY would turn things round if THEY were in charge.

Don't get me wrong I do my fair share of moaning myself, but also try to offer constructive and positive suggestions.
Not saying anyone should be pleased but there's no prizes for being a miserable sod either.
Reply: 58 - 72
Gary Haddock
August 22, 2012, 11:44pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from 1600
Fair play to JF or anyone who tries to get everyone pulling in a positive direction.
I agree with him that it's important we get behind the players.

But do S&H (and JF) also understand that if helps massively for fans to have something to feed off too ? (Neil Woods recognized this !)

Yes "facts are they come to stop us" is certainly true but seems to me we don't always help ourselves either ?
Surely if we KNOW they're gonna sit back we should be attacking them with all our might from the first whistle to gee up the crowd instead of playing any waiting game of "patience" ?
Seems to me if we're inviting the clock to tick on then we're inviting trouble upon ourselves so early goal (or effort to get it) is even more important.

I can understand the theory once the players cross the white line there's nothing more that can be done.
But it's not the first time we've seen this team come out a lot more serious after H/T or be rushing around at the end.
So in that case, why on earth aren't S&H motivating the players to give 100% from the off ?

"It's fair to say the last game Grimsby Town players looked a little flat but in all fairness, you might say that the opposition was flat as well."

Not sure I get the point here ?...
Even if you accept the opposition were flat(personally I thought they closed us down quite well), what's that got to do with our approach ?
Not criticizing here, I just don't get the point ?...

I agree with the statement "we need to put any negative thoughts out of our minds." (at BP at least)
If you ask me it's slighly embarrassing there needs to be any hint(if that's what it is) for fans not to voice their displeasure (I mean it should be obvious to fans anyway !  ).
But at the end of the day perhaps it only potentially becomes a much larger problem towards the end of the game anyway !

We could simply try to stop the chance of any effect it MAY have with much more effort and the right tactics from the word go.
So yes I believe the fans can try a little harder but if the team puts it in first, it makes the fans job much easier !

I'll be taking a break for a while soon but I'll be there in spirit with you fellow mariners.
Give it your best shot and if the team can do the same, at least we're giving ourselves a real chance to turn it round together.
UTM.

Then with a flash of the magic wand, all issues and problems vanish...   

Thing that strikes me is SOME people are very quick to say "Fenty out", don't do this or that etc, but not so keen to say what THEY would do and how THEY would turn things round if THEY were in charge.

Don't get me wrong I do my fair share of moaning myself, but also try to offer constructive and positive suggestions.
Not saying anyone should be pleased but there's no prizes for being a miserable sod either.

totally agree, though not sure all the problems would vanish but then I won't pretend to know what the financial situation is or will be if he does go. and I agree with you, if people say he should go at least give constructive ideas of what you would do.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › fentys audio statement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.