Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let's start to look forward now.
Users Browsing Forum
Baidu Spider and 83 Guests

Let's start to look forward now.

This thread currently has 1,567 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Gary Haddock
August 20, 2012, 2:04pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
It's time we stopped trying to find someone to blame for our "run of bad luck" and start to look forward and hope that tomorrow night will be a different story and don't forget we have a tough month ahead. There is no point now looking back and talking about the history it's about what will happen next. There is still a long way to go and anything is possible in the world of football. All we (the fans) can do is keep supporting the club and hope that our luck will change. I'm sure it will eventually just a case of when? But let's wait and see what happens. UP THE MARINERS!

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Southwark Mariner
August 20, 2012, 2:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,572
Gold Stars: 84
do you mean Saturday?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
grimps
August 20, 2012, 2:18pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,178
Gold Stars: 46
Well as far as i can see its been you that has blamed everyone except the managers and team.
fans negitivity ?
Buckley in the background ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
Gary Haddock
August 20, 2012, 2:23pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from grimps
Well as far as i can see its been you that has blamed everyone except the managers and team.
fans negitivity ?
Buckley in the background ?

Yes I have indeed and just like some others, just wanted some one to blame, but now it's time to look forward.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
Gary Haddock
August 20, 2012, 2:26pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
do you mean Saturday?

oh yeh, don't know what I was thinking.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
gtfc98
August 20, 2012, 3:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Negativity amongst the fans is a massive problem IMO. It's a viscious circle. Don't bother coming if you're going to boo and moan at every mistake. Was clear to see on Saturday a number of the players confidence was shot to pieces, notably Thomas. Don't destroy their confidence like the girl privates in the lower did to Bore, get behind them fFS!

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
oldun
August 20, 2012, 3:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Aswad Thomas is a good player at this level with lots of potential. Most fans were very pleased we signed him. I agree the lad's confidence was shot bits on Saturday. Everyone was having a go at him, his team mates, the managers, and the fans. He needs nurturing, encouraging, and supporting otherwise he will be ruined. It's all very well Scotty saying they need to man up, but there are many different ways to motivate people. Some respond to a bollocking, but not all. Some skilful man management is needed. Same goes for some of the other players and the senior ones in the squad have their part to play in helping new faces bed in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
STB
August 20, 2012, 4:01pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from oldun
Aswad Thomas is a good player at this level with lots of potential. Most fans were very pleased we signed him. I agree the lad's confidence was shot bits on Saturday. Everyone was having a go at him, his team mates, the managers, and the fans. He needs nurturing, encouraging, and supporting otherwise he will be ruined. It's all very well Scotty saying they need to man up, but there are many different ways to motivate people. Some respond to a bollocking, but not all. Some skilful man management is needed. Same goes for some of the other players and the senior ones in the squad have their part to play in helping new faces bed in.

Completely agree with this ^^
I don't think that someone who tells paying customers to fck off if they don't like the product is likely to have man management skills.
As someone who was sat with us on Saturday pointed out. 'What improvements have these amateur clowns brought to the club'.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
laurie
August 20, 2012, 4:14pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
After watching that garbage on Saturday, not even sure if I want to attend any more matches and I am a season ticket holder.  When Thomas signed I thought it was a good signing but seemed to be right from kick off he wasn't sure what to do and on more than one occassion when he had the ball looked at  another town player and shrugged his shoulders as if he didn't know what to do next. There was no point in having a go at the players after the match, from the look on their faces they didn't need telling just how bad it was.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
realityman
August 20, 2012, 5:02pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +9 / -69
Approval: +1
here we go again!  its got round to monday and out come the everything will be all right brigade. well it isn't and it wont be and it has not been any good for years so why would it change now. totolly and utterly delusional!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let's start to look forward now.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.