This thread currently has 2,845 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
newfootballer
August 15, 2012, 4:38pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
  Already the doomers are having their say, in some posts the joint gaffers  have already got the sack if they do not win on Saturday.
Yes we have given in two games last minute goals which have cost us dearly a draw and a defeat.

My personel view on the last minute goals is a thing called concentration, which obviously we did not have in the last few minutes of each game. All players have to stick together when the going gets tough.

On Saturday we should all get behind the lads and hopefully this will spur them on to hopefully a good resounding win, because we have certainly got a tough sequal of games coming up.

To call for the Managers head already well I ask you.
NEW FOOTBALLER
Logged Offline
Private Message
Super Clive
August 15, 2012, 5:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Saturday is their 3rd chance to Get me going over the next 5 to 10 games, I am simply not wasting my hard earned money on spineless no tactics Dross, don't get me wrong I don't want the pair sacked far from it. If we keep making the same mistakes over and over I just can't justify the cash. The managers don't even highlight the same mistakes not what I've seen anyway ie dropping deep every fooking time, not closing down and it goes on every game........BORING
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 41
voice of reason
August 15, 2012, 5:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from newfootballer
  Already the doomers are having their say, in some posts the joint gaffers  have already got the sack if they do not win on Saturday.
Yes we have given in two games last minute goals which have cost us dearly a draw and a defeat.

My personel view on the last minute goals is a thing called concentration, which obviously we did not have in the last few minutes of each game. All players have to stick together when the going gets tough.

On Saturday we should all get behind the lads and hopefully this will spur them on to hopefully a good resounding win, because we have certainly got a tough sequal of games coming up.

NEW FOOTBALLER

You won't see me there on Saturday... I have better things to waste my money on... Hopefully they turn it around and I'll be back at BP soon, I won't hold my breath though...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 41
Gary Haddock
August 15, 2012, 6:05pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6

NEW FOOTBALLER

I'm with you on this one.

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 41
Mariner Ronnie
August 15, 2012, 6:07pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6

NEW FOOTBALLER

i'll be there dave

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 41
thevera
August 15, 2012, 8:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from voice of reason

You won't see me there on Saturday... I have better things to waste my money on... Hopefully they turn it around and I'll be back at BP soon, I won't hold my breath though...

Why waste your time on here? Hopefully you will leave your comments off this forum. I won't hold my breath though......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 41
Gary Haddock
August 15, 2012, 8:37pm

Neither above nor beneath
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Rep Score: +44 / -5
Approval: +6
Quoted from voice of reason

fans like this put me off football, good job there's more fans with a brain that works still attracting me to the game.  

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/zya4af.jpg[/IMG]

GTFC's black and white army.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GTFCs-black-and-white-army/494332320600710?ref=hl
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 41
chaos33
August 15, 2012, 8:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,969
Gold Stars: 360

NEW FOOTBALLER

Do not start blaming the 'doomers' - they post on what they see, and last night, they saw a pretty dismal performance from a team that seems to have no dynamism at all. Let's make no mistake - last night, the players and Managers let the fans down, not the other way around. To a certain extent, that is also true of last saturday.

I don't really believe anyone is calling for the managers' heads are they? Well, maybe one poster, but let's not have an extreme reaction or overexaggerate. People are just disappointed because they expect better, and they're right to demand higher standards.

I think the point about concentration (and I would add discipline) is a good one. Simple things really, and players who are showing the same weaknesses as last season shouldn't be playing - I would say that Wood is an example of this.
We must demand better quality. We can still get behind the team, but as Paul Hurst said himself last night - "we have to improve. And very quickly".

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 41
80sglory
August 15, 2012, 10:49pm
Guest User
The atmosphere wasn't bouncing on Tuesday but didn't think we struggled for positive support.
Except perhaps in the 86th minute at 1-1 when we were up their end with a throw and noticed it was almost silent.   (were we in shock ?)

Most managers seem to agree that the team needs to give the fans something to feed off and guess that will be the plan on Saturday.
Least I hope so...
Reply: 8 - 41
August 15, 2012, 10:58pm
Guest User
Quoted from Gary Haddock

fans like this put me off football, good job there's more fans with a brain that works still attracting me to the game.  

Think for 1 minute here ! comments like that are what put supporters of going, the guy who voiced his views has a right to do so WE was shocking on Tuesday.Friends of mine (1st ever gtfc match) said even there local team Selby play better football, but to slag fans of like you do just typifies why this club and not attract a decent crowd

However roll on Saturday
Reply: 9 - 41
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › COME ON LETS GET BEHIND THEM SATURDAY

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.