Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: newfootballer, August 15, 2012, 4:38pm
  Already the doomers are having their say, in some posts the joint gaffers  have already got the sack if they do not win on Saturday.
Yes we have given in two games last minute goals which have cost us dearly a draw and a defeat.

My personel view on the last minute goals is a thing called concentration, which obviously we did not have in the last few minutes of each game. All players have to stick together when the going gets tough.

On Saturday we should all get behind the lads and hopefully this will spur them on to hopefully a good resounding win, because we have certainly got a tough sequal of games coming up.

To call for the Managers head already well I ask you.
NEW FOOTBALLER
Posted by: Super Clive, August 15, 2012, 5:01pm; Reply: 1
Saturday is their 3rd chance to Get me going over the next 5 to 10 games, I am simply not wasting my hard earned money on spineless no tactics Dross, don't get me wrong I don't want the pair sacked far from it. If we keep making the same mistakes over and over I just can't justify the cash. The managers don't even highlight the same mistakes not what I've seen anyway ie dropping deep every fooking time, not closing down and it goes on every game........BORING
Posted by: voice of reason, August 15, 2012, 5:07pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from newfootballer
  Already the doomers are having their say, in some posts the joint gaffers  have already got the sack if they do not win on Saturday.
Yes we have given in two games last minute goals which have cost us dearly a draw and a defeat.

My personel view on the last minute goals is a thing called concentration, which obviously we did not have in the last few minutes of each game. All players have to stick together when the going gets tough.

On Saturday we should all get behind the lads and hopefully this will spur them on to hopefully a good resounding win, because we have certainly got a tough sequal of games coming up.

NEW FOOTBALLER

You won't see me there on Saturday... I have better things to waste my money on... Hopefully they turn it around and I'll be back at BP soon, I won't hold my breath though...
Posted by: Gary Haddock, August 15, 2012, 6:05pm; Reply: 3

NEW FOOTBALLER

I'm with you on this one.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, August 15, 2012, 6:07pm; Reply: 4

NEW FOOTBALLER

i'll be there dave ;)
Posted by: thevera, August 15, 2012, 8:28pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from voice of reason

You won't see me there on Saturday... I have better things to waste my money on... Hopefully they turn it around and I'll be back at BP soon, I won't hold my breath though...

Why waste your time on here? Hopefully you will leave your comments off this forum. I won't hold my breath though......
Posted by: Gary Haddock, August 15, 2012, 8:37pm; Reply: 6

fans like this put me off football, good job there's more fans with a brain that works still attracting me to the game.  :)
Posted by: chaos33, August 15, 2012, 8:39pm; Reply: 7

NEW FOOTBALLER

Do not start blaming the 'doomers' - they post on what they see, and last night, they saw a pretty dismal performance from a team that seems to have no dynamism at all. Let's make no mistake - last night, the players and Managers let the fans down, not the other way around. To a certain extent, that is also true of last saturday.

I don't really believe anyone is calling for the managers' heads are they? Well, maybe one poster, but let's not have an extreme reaction or overexaggerate. People are just disappointed because they expect better, and they're right to demand higher standards.

I think the point about concentration (and I would add discipline) is a good one. Simple things really, and players who are showing the same weaknesses as last season shouldn't be playing - I would say that Wood is an example of this.
We must demand better quality. We can still get behind the team, but as Paul Hurst said himself last night - "we have to improve. And very quickly".
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), August 15, 2012, 10:49pm; Reply: 8
The atmosphere wasn't bouncing on Tuesday but didn't think we struggled for positive support.
Except perhaps in the 86th minute at 1-1 when we were up their end with a throw and noticed it was almost silent.  ??) (were we in shock ?)

Most managers seem to agree that the team needs to give the fans something to feed off and guess that will be the plan on Saturday.
Least I hope so...
Posted by: 891 (Guest), August 15, 2012, 10:58pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Gary Haddock

fans like this put me off football, good job there's more fans with a brain that works still attracting me to the game.  :)

Think for 1 minute here ! comments like that are what put supporters of going, the guy who voiced his views has a right to do so WE was shocking on Tuesday.Friends of mine (1st ever gtfc match) said even there local team Selby play better football, but to slag fans of like you do just typifies why this club and not attract a decent crowd

However roll on Saturday :P
Posted by: Tommo76, August 15, 2012, 11:04pm; Reply: 10
Well said, Dave. Too many short-sighted people on here.
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), August 15, 2012, 11:17pm; Reply: 11
I'll stick my neck out and say anyone who doesn't go will more than likely miss out on a most enjoyable game (and victory)
Hope I'm right ! (or I'll probably have plenty of doubts myself... ??))
Posted by: tonyfordsmicrofro, August 15, 2012, 11:18pm; Reply: 12
I won't be there but I'll be behind them. Checking my phone, getting text updates from either my Dad and/or uncle who'll be there.

Win lose or draw on Saturday. I'll be at the next Town game home or away when my own circumstances permit.

Some people on here don't actually realise how lucky they are to have a football club on their doorstep.
Posted by: chaos33, August 15, 2012, 11:42pm; Reply: 13
Yeah. Even a s**t one  ;D
Posted by: tonyfordsmicrofro, August 16, 2012, 12:03am; Reply: 14
Quoted from chaos33
Yeah. Even a s**t one  ;D

Yeah, but it's MY excrement club!!!  :P
Posted by: voice of reason, August 16, 2012, 5:17pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from thevera

Why waste your time on here? Hopefully you will leave your comments off this forum. I won't hold my breath though......

i'll, erm, waste my time wherever suits me, thanks... I won't leave my comments off here I'm afraid but please go ahead, feel free to hold your breath...  ;)
Posted by: voice of reason, August 16, 2012, 5:19pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Gary Haddock

I don't believe you have capacity, so I'll refrain from commenting too much about you...  :)
Posted by: Gary Haddock, August 16, 2012, 5:27pm; Reply: 17

I don't believe you have capacity, so I'll refrain from commenting too much about you...  :)

capacity? on about wheather I have a brain or not?
not much of one but yeh I have one lol just about.  :o
Posted by: thevera, August 16, 2012, 6:28pm; Reply: 18

i'll, erm, waste my time wherever suits me, thanks... I won't leave my comments off here I'm afraid but please go ahead, feel free to hold your breath...  ;)

No mate you don't seem to understand, when I say I won't hold my breath that means I won't hold my breath......
Posted by: Gary Haddock, August 16, 2012, 6:35pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from thevera

No mate you don't seem to understand, when I say I won't hold my breath that means I won't hold my breath......

think he understood and actually meant "hold your breathe" lol.
Posted by: voice of reason, August 16, 2012, 6:36pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from thevera

"mate"? I don't think so... Yes I do understand, it may have been wishful thinking on my part....  :)
Posted by: acko338, August 16, 2012, 7:49pm; Reply: 21
Look on the bright side - you could all be Mansfield fans - two games, two losses, spent as much as anyone on "class" players - 0 goals for, 8 against - remind you of anyone last year ????

It's not good to watch, it's not good reading on here, it's certainly not good for the fans, but it's not the end of the world!

Last year we got took apart away at Braintree - this year we'd had to play a centre half who is short of fitness who has made a couple of mistakes and scored a scorcher !

Sadly that goal didn't count for points!

Saturday is another match - you can be sure that the two in charge are hurting badly !

Having a new child won't mellow Mr Scott  - lack of sleep will probably be enough for him to have a go at the squad to improve!

Post on Sunday if it's no better !
Posted by: springstomind, August 16, 2012, 7:57pm; Reply: 22
Good post mate, i agree i still think theyve class managers and come the end of the season we'lll be luck to keep them. UTM on Saturday lets get behind the team... there was little to no singing on Tuesday, lets get right behind them this time.
Posted by: Meza, August 16, 2012, 10:07pm; Reply: 23
If RS said they were complications with Millers birth I wonder if the players were worried for him to a point that our preparation has been dented due to them not concentrating.

I know RS and PH haven't actually got us promoted I still BELIEVE that they are probably the best appointments we have had since AB.  Passionate, desire, hunger the will to win they for me have given us all belief and lifted that negativity that was around the club for years.  They have made some great signings which anyone with a brain cell understands that things take time for players to get to know each other etc.  I didn't attend the games so far so am relying on what others see which can be a nightmare sometimes with so many different views lol.

I'm going to give them as much time as they want they are winners it's all clear to see, so back the club, back the managers and give the players that massive confidence boost come Saturday lets help our players by encouraging them.  It's our turn this year I just know it.
Posted by: newfootballer, August 17, 2012, 10:44am; Reply: 24
Quoted from Meza
If RS said they were complications with Millers birth I wonder if the players were worried for him to a point that our preparation has been dented due to them not concentrating.

I know RS and PH haven't actually got us promoted I still BELIEVE that they are probably the best appointments we have had since AB.  Passionate, desire, hunger the will to win they for me have given us all belief and lifted that negativity that was around the club for years.  They have made some great signings which anyone with a brain cell understands that things take time for players to get to know each other etc.  I didn't attend the games so far so am relying on what others see which can be a nightmare sometimes with so many different views lol.

I'm going to give them as much time as they want they are winners it's all clear to see, so back the club, back the managers and give the players that massive confidence boost come Saturday lets help our players by encouraging them.  It's our turn this year I just know it.

What a good and commonsence post this is, these two lads will get us over this dissapointing start.

Its crazy how after just two games that we seem to panic and start asking for changes to who ever is the Manager at the time to get rid.

No wonder Alex Fergusson turned the job down just before the two lads came in, we just cannot keep changing Managers like we do, bloody hell we have only played twice, and they are all crying to get rid of the two Managers.
NEWFOOTBALLER
Posted by: Super Clive, August 17, 2012, 10:49am; Reply: 25
No wonder Alex Fergusson turned the job down just before the two lads came in.

?????

Eh.
Posted by: newfootballer, August 17, 2012, 10:54am; Reply: 26
Quoted from Super Clive
No wonder Alex Fergusson turned the job down just before the two lads came in.

?????

Eh.

JUST A TINY LITTLE BIT OF LEERINESS,

" BLOODY HELL HAVE YOU GOT NO SENSE OF HUMOUR ?"
NEWFOOTBALLER

Posted by: Super Clive, August 17, 2012, 10:57am; Reply: 27
Ah fair enough. And yes I do, it just didn't read as it was tongue in cheek.
Posted by: grimps, August 17, 2012, 11:36am; Reply: 28
Where do you expect us to finish this year Dave ?
and if we didnt meet this expectation would you consider the managers to have failed ?
Posted by: CatchOfTheDay, August 17, 2012, 11:51am; Reply: 29
Quoted from acko338
Look on the bright side - you could all be Mansfield fans - two games, two losses, spent as much as anyone on "class" players - 0 4 goals for, 8 against - remind you of anyone last year ????

It's not good to watch, it's not good reading on here, it's certainly not good for the fans, but it's not the end of the world!

Last year we got took apart away at Braintree - this year we'd had to play a centre half who is short of fitness who has made a couple of mistakes and scored a scorcher !

Sadly that goal didn't count for points!

Saturday is another match - you can be sure that the two in charge are hurting badly !

Having a new child won't mellow Mr Scott  - lack of sleep will probably be enough for him to have a go at the squad to improve!

Post on Sunday if it's no better !

Posted by: RonMariner, August 17, 2012, 11:51am; Reply: 30
According to GrimRob....

"Town's opponents Nuneaton are still without a point this campaign, and have conceded nine goals in their first two games (their 'keeper was also Man of the Match in the 4-0 defeat at Newport in midweek). "

Surely we can thrash this lot?
Posted by: cmackenzie4, August 17, 2012, 12:13pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from RonMariner
According to GrimRob....

"Town's opponents Nuneaton are still without a point this campaign, and have conceded nine goals in their first two games (their 'keeper was also Man of the Match in the 4-0 defeat at Newport in midweek). "

Surely we can thrash this lot?

Lets hope so Ron as i will be at the game and i want to see lots of goals and an improved performance from Tuesdays debacle. :)
Posted by: 1mickylyons, August 17, 2012, 5:08pm; Reply: 32

WHS fairly obvious were going longball and in my opinion we dont have the right players for that system it`s awful to watch and barring a long winning run gates will plummet and quickly.In fairness to the dynamic duo they may well be right to take this route and i wish them every success but Tuesday night was one kick in the nuts too many for now so i shall resort to picking and choosing games.
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), August 17, 2012, 11:51pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from 1mickylyons

WHS fairly obvious were going longball

Not sure about this mate.
Scott said in the MP preview he didn't want the players to go longer on Tuesday.
Think he said something about sticking to his principles.
Go on get yourself to BP, if not you'll probably be kicking yourself after !  ;)
Posted by: tonyfordsmicrofro, August 18, 2012, 12:10am; Reply: 34
I'll add. If we don't get three points from Nunfuckingeaton today. I'll be less than happy.

16/8/11 we got whacked by flipping Braintree! Braintree FFS!!!
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), August 18, 2012, 12:21am; Reply: 35
Yeah but they were on the up mate. (as were Nuneaton until their last 2 games !)
We might have been sh1t on the day but we've always been a bit dodgy away.
But I know what you mean - anything less than 3 points tomorrow won't be great.
Posted by: davmariner, August 18, 2012, 1:34am; Reply: 36
Quoted from Super Clive
Saturday is their 3rd chance to Get me going over the next 5 to 10 games, I am simply not wasting my hard earned money on spineless no tactics Dross, don't get me wrong I don't want the pair sacked far from it. If we keep making the same mistakes over and over I just can't justify the cash. The managers don't even highlight the same mistakes not what I've seen anyway ie dropping deep every fooking time, not closing down and it goes on every game........BORING

I feel exactly how you feel mate.
Posted by: ponnyfan, August 18, 2012, 7:12am; Reply: 37
FFS two games gone and already we are doomed and some want to sack managers! Supporting Town is a labour of love (without much action  ;) ) but I will be there again saturday with hope in my heart. Totally understand we all want something to celebrate and our goal on tuesday should have won any game........ but sadly it didn't  :B Leave the jury out of the courtroom for a bit longer hey guys ? Yours optimistically PF  :)
Posted by: voice of reason, August 18, 2012, 9:37am; Reply: 38
Quoted from 1600

Not sure about this mate.
Scott said in the MP preview he didn't want the players to go longer on Tuesday.
Think he said something about sticking to his principles.
Go on get yourself to BP, if not you'll probably be kicking yourself after !  ;)

Not sure about this 80's, maybe it shows the problem with having 2 managers...

After the game on Tuesday, Hurst said the players stopped doing what they should have been, which was to put it into areas and turn them around... Now that, to me, screams hit the ball into the final third, more likely the corners and try and box them in... Also the evidence from this is - the boring, predictable and totally pointless tactic of, when the ball goes out to either full back, it is aimlessly hit down the line, towards the corners, 90% of the time... Now don't get me wrong, it isn't a bad ball to play now and again but nearly every time is ridiculous and very easy to play against all the time...

I wouldn't mind but on the couple of occasions we did manage to get hold of the ball from one of these punts, both strikers stayed in, or around the box, leaving the man who actually got on the end of the punt to be isolated and be crowded out in the end anyway...

I think I remember us actually having two or three moves which we played out from the back, one in particular was very well worked and ended with Disley putting a shot wide, when he ran onto the ball in the area, so we have got the ability in the squad...

I agree we looked quite solid defensively, that was until they actually attacked us and when they did, twice, we didn't look very solid then, I mean collectively, by the way, not just the back four, who like you say did play well apart from dropping too deep...

I have to say, all in all, Tuesdays games was one of the most aimless I have seen Town play and whilst the season is definitely not over, we have to make massive improvements, in my opinion...

Also, to the people who are moaning about the fans wanting a change of managers, can you blame them? not really something I go along with yet but it's not just the two games this season, it's the large parts of last season and the poor run and way they conducted themselves at the end of their first season... I was, along with most others, hoping they would have learnt something, on the evidence so far, it doesn't seem like they've learnt too much...

EDIT

One last thing, I would love to know what pre-season consisted of because, to me, the players, G. Pearson in particular, looked to have an awful touch most of the time and didn't look too sharp with the ball...
Posted by: voice of reason, August 18, 2012, 5:21pm; Reply: 39

Pleased I didn't hold my breath... erm, I hope JF has his trigger finger ready because I reckon we'll need it sooner rather than later...  :-/
Posted by: Super Clive, August 18, 2012, 5:37pm; Reply: 40
Words can't explain how awful we have been..vile. its all down to Scott and hurst I'm awaiting what loose tongue has to say on the radio is a second. Awful.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, August 18, 2012, 6:02pm; Reply: 41

Pleased I didn't hold my breath... erm, I hope JF has his trigger finger ready because I reckon we'll need it sooner rather than later...  :-/

Bound to be itching already!
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 6:29am