5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Total Football
August 12, 2012, 9:30am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Quoted from TAGG

If Elding had stuck his chance away we would have had 3 points. If If If
Its a team game so the whole team have to take responsibility. When the ball was put in the box from the free kick who's job was it to mark Grand? Whoever it was should he be dropped?  

or if pearson didnt fall over just befor he was going to score on a 1 on 1.

or if cook scored his header from 2 yards in second half.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 40
slide to unlock
August 12, 2012, 9:35am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -4
Quoted from Total Football

or if pearson didnt fall over just befor he was going to score on a 1 on 1.

or if cook scored his header from 2 yards in second half.

exactly. could and should have been 3 up at this point.

but noting gets said. yet if elding had scored a header. some people
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 40
barralad
August 12, 2012, 10:10am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from slide to unlock

exactly. could and should have been 3 up at this point.

but noting gets said. yet if elding had scored a header. some people

If you bang your head that hard you will hurt yourself! IF it becomes a regular thing that Pearson falls over or Cook misses from two yards then I suspect they will be subjected to the same sort of criticism. The fact is that Wood has been making mistakes like the one on Saturday for too long without appearing to learn from them. The Olympics have shown us how small mistakes can drastically affect outcomes. I don't want Wood to be remembered not as the man who was the best player on the pitch for x minutes but the man whose error cost us two points. Unless he learns-and quickly that will be the situation and Hatton will be breathing down his neck...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 40
headingly_mariner
August 12, 2012, 11:15am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from barralad

If you bang your head that hard you will hurt yourself! IF it becomes a regular thing that Pearson falls over or Cook misses from two yards then I suspect they will be subjected to the same sort of criticism. The fact is that Wood has been making mistakes like the one on Saturday for too long without appearing to learn from them. The Olympics have shown us how small mistakes can drastically affect outcomes. I don't want Wood to be remembered not as the man who was the best player on the pitch for x minutes but the man whose error cost us two points. Unless he learns-and quickly that will be the situation and Hatton will be breathing down his neck...

I have never seen him make that mistake before, we are in the conference and players will make mistakes. What was criminal was allowing a free header 6 yards out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 40
alan1234
August 12, 2012, 11:35am
GTFC
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Wood made 1 mistake all game which was a silly free kick to give away. But realistically the free kick was like a corner situation. A free header 6 yards out is appalling. How many free headers do Grimsby get 6 yards out? For me this league is all about set pieces. If you are an organised team which are good at set pieces then you will do well. It proves last year with southport... Not the best players but did well because of set pieces. IMO Elding changed the game when he came on. Loved the enthusiasm he shown despite coming off from the bench not sulkin and done his job for the team. For me he has to start on Tuesday. If you drop wood you have to drop everyone who makes a mistake every game so it would mean a new team each game which isn't healthy...

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 40
Tommy
August 12, 2012, 11:40am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Wood definitely has made that mistake before. I've often posted and tried to describe that same incident happening too often before.

Yes he was having a good game prior to that but got carried away trying to score points over his opponent by clattering him when all he had to do was knock the ball out for a throw. Usually it just happens further up the pitch or doesn't result directly in a goal that's all.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 40
Barrattstander
August 12, 2012, 12:06pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +875
Gold Stars: 14
I like Wood, he gives his all, but one tactic I don't want to see again this season is McKeown rolling the ball out to Bradley to start an attack (in this case the winger knocked him off the ball and we lost possession), his passing needs to improve significantly before this would be effective.

62 Seasons following the Mariners from the Barrett Stand side.(apart from 2020-21)
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL2SD1UW4AAfaOx.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 40
August 12, 2012, 1:08pm
Guest User
interestingly Scott on radio gave a positive view on many things. Wood he suggested played well but these mistakes have to stop. He also said Miller was simply replaced by Pond as they had him on loan. Strange decision as rumour was Pearson (who Scott dived in verbally to tell us he was magnificent today) was carrying a knock. i would have rather started Miller and Pearson as they has started to look good last season.
Reply: 37 - 40
Maringer
August 12, 2012, 1:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,704
Gold Stars: 189
Perhaps Miller's head isn't in the right place at the moment if his wife is due to drop a sprog at any moment?

I'd imagine it might put you on edge somewhat and make concentration difficult.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 40
Super Clive
August 12, 2012, 2:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
We don't know the story re miller anything could of happened with his good lady there are so many complications for pregnant women hopefully nothing life threatening and they have a healthy little baby if they haven't already had it.
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.