3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
voice of reason
August 8, 2012, 8:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from Paris Mariner
Just out of interest, will there a be a couple of representatives from the Trust set up with a table, some forms and the means to accept cash payments for TrusT memberships for the first few games (at least) as well?

I think this would be a good idea because it might encourage a few extra members and, on a personal note, it would be easier for me as I'm coming home for first few ames of the season and it would be more practical for me to join in as I live abroad. I think this would also be a good idea for he big home games v Lincoln, Mansfield, Luton, Kiddy  (i.e the teams we hope to be challenging with) where there'll possibly an extra thousand or so on the gate. The more the merrier as they say...

Don't they have the internet abroad?

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
Southwark Mariner
August 8, 2012, 11:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,572
Gold Stars: 84
I think the Trust or someone with a little bit of a passion for marketing could spend 30mins per week on opposition's forums to promote a trip to cleethorpes. It is possibly the cheapest way of boosting attendance at BP and they will be mostly fullprice paying. You could even monitor how successful they have been with the average away figure (not ofcourse totally accurate with other factors etc blah blah blah)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
mariner91
August 9, 2012, 12:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,837
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from psgmariner

That's certainly true of my wife.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
GYinScuntland
August 9, 2012, 12:30am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from G
Beer prices/quality may prove a stumbling block. I was in the lower bar before the Hull friendly and payed £3 for a less than average lager.

I then went to the imp after the game and payed half that for a slightly better pint.

Will this be addressed? if not I know where I'll be buying my crap drinks in future

If you don't fackin like it don't drink, If you don't fackin like it don't drink, If you don't fackin like it, If you don't fackin like it, If you don't fackin like it don't drink...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
psgmariner
August 9, 2012, 8:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
I think the Trust or someone with a little bit of a passion for marketing could spend 30mins per week on opposition's forums to promote a trip to cleethorpes. It is possibly the cheapest way of boosting attendance at BP and they will be mostly fullprice paying. You could even monitor how successful they have been with the average away figure (not ofcourse totally accurate with other factors etc blah blah blah)

Agreed.

Les Brechin used to do this quite a bit I think.

Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
Les Brechin
August 9, 2012, 8:50am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from psgmariner

Agreed.

Les Brechin used to do this quite a bit I think.

I used to the first season we were relegated, normally for the teams we had never played before, just to give a bit of info re directions, pubs, grub etc. If a member of The Trust wanted to PM me some sort of template then I'd be willing to do something similar again this season.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
BIGChris
August 9, 2012, 10:06am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Les Brechin

I used to the first season we were relegated, normally for the teams we had never played before, just to give a bit of info re directions, pubs, grub etc. If a member of The Trust wanted to PM me some sort of template then I'd be willing to do something similar again this season.

i will send you something Les. Early this week i had contacted Stockport and Nuneaton to say about the away bar, especially as there isnt a designated away pub, but will put something together for you.

many thanks for your offer of help
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bars at BP

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.