Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lads in court today!!!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 64 Guests

Lads in court today!!!

This thread currently has 10,529 views. Print
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Billybigbollox
August 6, 2012, 4:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +3
Just thought i would put on here that 7 lads from Grimsby are in chesterfield today in court !!!

I have read some very interesting statements and im sure a couple of them will be putting some stuff on here after friday when the stitch up is over !!

I have travelled home and away with one or two of them and although he can get a bit loud and verbal he is a good lad i heard far worse language at Barton by mr Scott and there were kids next to him...........May i also add he was one of the 150 or so at Barrow on a cold wet tuesday night

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Super Clive
August 6, 2012, 4:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Stitch up?

Am guessing this was at alfy?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 98
psgmariner
August 6, 2012, 4:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Chesterfield? What match does it relate to?

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 98
Billybigbollox
August 6, 2012, 4:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Super Clive
Stitch up?

Am guessing this was at alfy?

Yeah sorry

I have read the paper work its rubbish ..........1 lad pleaded guilty as he can not go back Friday he got a 3 yr ban and i think just over £400 fine

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 98
Les Brechin
August 6, 2012, 4:21pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
It's for what happened at Alfreton last season.

I know one lad got fined £485 and got a 3 year banning order.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 98
andypandy04
August 6, 2012, 4:46pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +11
Gold Stars: 1
Yeah big shame really cos the lad is a good loyal supporter(as are all of them in court),tho in fairness he has been on doddsy's wanted list for a while now,ive seen him at matches for years and never seen him in any situation where trouble or violence has been present.

You look in the dustbin for something to eat you find a dead rat and you think its a treat in your Lincoln slums in your lincoln slums.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 98
Billybigbollox
August 6, 2012, 5:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from andypandy04
Yeah big shame really cos the lad is a good loyal supporter(as are all of them in court),tho in fairness he has been on doddsy's wanted list for a while now,ive seen him at matches for years and never seen him in any situation where trouble or violence has been present.

if its the same lad who is my mate he just lets his mouth go a bit but never any worse than that .............When he was asked not to attend any games when it first happened he took his ticket money into the ground a few days before and gave his cash to the youth set up  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 98
Codzilla
August 6, 2012, 5:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +11 / -3
I'm sure Doddsy is a wonderful man outside of his work but how can the people in charge not see he is quite clearly out of his depth?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 98
GtfcGarner
August 6, 2012, 6:20pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,798
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Codzilla
I'm sure Doddsy is a wonderful man outside of his work but how can the people in charge not see he is quite clearly out of his depth?

I disagree, i don't think he is a wonderful man.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 98
gymadman
August 6, 2012, 6:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / 0
I was led to believe that Dodds was member of the Humberside Police Force, who if my thoughts are correct have a single one rule action regarding any criminal offence committed at a football ground or in a public place. What I witnessed when we played Hull pre-season totally contridicted that understanding, from what I witnessed the Hull element who attended caused both alarm and distress to general members of the public in Harrington street after the game, the Police dogs were used to restrain them and the fore mentioned PC Dodds did not do anything, i.e no arrests, or cautions. If that had been home support several would now be on banning orders.
I questioned a fairly important employee of the club who stated "we know what he is like (Dodds) the man is a knob, but we cannot do anything about him.
I do not condone any sort of violence at or away from football but this man does have a problem with the town support.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 98
Billybigbollox
August 6, 2012, 6:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
i found out today there was a bit of a c0ck up by the police it did make me laugh after it is all done am sure it will all come on here . . . Id love 2 put it on here now really would   
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 98
siy2k5
August 6, 2012, 6:54pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
3 year banning order for a bit of fence rattling? Sheesh.

Best warn the kids down the front of the Ponny about banging tunes on the advertising hoardings...

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 98
Codzilla
August 6, 2012, 8:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
He must have been bullied by a Town fan in school or something. I have found his Town fan hating to be a bit odd...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 98
big_mozzer
August 6, 2012, 9:07pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -9
[quote=2559]i found out today there was a bit of a c0ck up by the police it did make me laugh after it is all done am sure it will all come on here . . . Id love 2 put it on here now really would    [/quo

Dobbsy is the biggest Muppet going, couldn't find his bottom with two hands, would of bin funny to see him 20 years back trying to police round town matches, certainly wouldn't last long. Wouldnt mind know this c0ck up tho for a bit of a giggle  

Where there is a Will, There is a Way                      

[img]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41825000/jpg/_41825066_grimsby_416.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 98
August 6, 2012, 9:38pm
Guest User
Better not say anything, he might film the thread! What a waste of tax payers money. I have a feeling he maybe a Scunt or a Gimp who wants to reduce our support by banning order.
Reply: 14 - 98
Super Clive
August 7, 2012, 8:46am
Vodka Drinker
Anyone thinking kaz won't get banned think again. If so does't then surly you'd be fck'd off for getting a 3 year ban for swearing and a convicted racist walks away Scott free  
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 98
Chrisblor
August 7, 2012, 9:49am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,988
Gold Stars: 243
Some ugly bloke on the Alfreton side of the metal fence spat on me that day. Will he be getting a banning order too?

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 98
dapperz fun pub
August 7, 2012, 10:04am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
i took my youngest to that game (7 yrs old) and can honestly say in the ground the town fans and i was ony feet away from the fence did nothing wrong,it was the derby/alfereton fans trying to give it the big un (spitting as mentioned) etc.outside im told there was some incidents perhaps the lads got banned for that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 98
aaron rattray
August 7, 2012, 10:06am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
You cant blame dodds for trying to stamp out trouble

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 98
STB
August 7, 2012, 10:16am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from Chrisblor
Some ugly bloke on the Alfreton side of the metal fence spat on me that day. Will he be getting a banning order too?

Spitting is allowed providing it is between persons of the same ethnicity and gender.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 98
wigworld
August 7, 2012, 10:25am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from STB

Spitting is allowed providing it is between persons of the same ethnicity and gender.

I think those some of those Alfy supporters were of a different species. It's the RSPCA that should be involved for acts of circus cruelty.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 98
Marinerz93
August 7, 2012, 10:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
I can understand trying to stamp out hooliganism but PC Dodds over zealous policing principles leaves a lot to be desired.  It seems he has diverted away from protecting the public to targeting Town fans to boost his arrest / prosecution numbers.  He is either aiming for promotion or settling some personal vendetta against the club/town/citizens and it is not productive. It's turning ordinary Town fans against the police and what they are meant to stand for.

Maybe the Chief Constable can look at how well he is performing by getting a non league club with less than 4,000 supporters ranked 7th in the whole country for banning orders.  I wonder how well he would perform at say Millwall, Chelsea, Leeds, Stoke, West Ham and the like.

Someone at the club needs to have a meeting with the Chief Constable and point the above bit out in bold.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 98
STB
August 7, 2012, 10:35am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93
I can understand trying to stamp out hooliganism but PC Dodds over zealous policing principles leaves a lot to be desired.  It seems he has diverted away from protecting the public to targeting Town fans to boost his arrest / prosecution numbers.  He is either aiming for promotion or settling some personal vendetta against the club/town/citizens and it is not productive. It's turning ordinary Town fans against the police and what they are meant to stand for.

Maybe the Chief Constable can look at how well he is performing by getting a non league club with less than 4,000 supporters ranked 7th in the whole country for banning orders.  I wonder how well he would perform at say Millwall, Chelsea, Leeds, Stoke, West Ham and the like.

Someone at the club needs to have a meeting with the Chief Constable and point the above bit out in bold.

Good to see Stoke in there 93 !!

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 98
bladerunnner
August 7, 2012, 11:14am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +22 / -10
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
i took my youngest to that game (7 yrs old) and can honestly say in the ground the town fans and i was ony feet away from the fence did nothing wrong,it was the derby/alfereton fans trying to give it the big un (spitting as mentioned) etc.outside im told there was some incidents perhaps the lads got banned for that?

im thinking maybe town fans running amok in burton one time provoked ill feeling amongst the alfreton/derby lads? its not a million miles away from burton and derby is it?...............maybe people need to realise there is far reaching consequences to thier actions,but silly me,it won,t be our lads fault at all will it?  you get a reputation for football violence and then people start bleating and crying like babies when some shite comes back our way! i bet the i.c.f. are quaking

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 98
STB
August 7, 2012, 11:21am

Whiskey Drinker
I'm not sure I buy into that one Bladey.
If Lincoln had been smashed up by Leeds (for example) and then Leeds played town a couple of seasons later, I doubt if many Lincoln would come here to 'help us out'.

Private Message
Reply: 24 - 98
August 7, 2012, 12:28pm
Guest User
Quoted from bladerunnner

im thinking maybe town fans running amok in burton one time provoked ill feeling amongst the alfreton/derby lads? its not a million miles away from burton and derby is it?...............maybe people need to realise there is far reaching consequences to thier actions,but silly me,it won,t be our lads fault at all will it?  you get a reputation for football violence and then people start bleating and crying like babies when some shite comes back our way! i bet the i.c.f. are quaking

What utter bollox you spout! A lot of the most recent nickings are purely down to dodds over zealous personnel vendetta against town fans.
Countless  so called firms have come here with intent last season even Alfreton at home brought some lads down for trouble with not one arrest made, sheff Wednesday last pre season went on the rampage with a few hundred lads a lot worse than anything happened at Burton and gues what just one arrest for violent disorder, dodds only interested in nicking town fans this is the super copper who publicly vowed to eradicate football violence but the egg is well and truly stuck on his face which is why he will nick you for having a bit of banter.
Reply: 25 - 98
bogbrush
August 7, 2012, 1:29pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +7 / -2
PC Dodds, I'll have you lot know, is a respectable, honorable man doing a fantastic job at wiping out the major offences at football grounds by Grimsby fans.

If only we had more decent PCs like him on the beat on the mean streets of Grimsby and Cleethorpes to catch and convict drug dealers, and the suckers who have been taking in by using drugs and are now having to steal from peoples homes to fund their dirty smack addcition. But, like I said, Mr PC Dodds rightly deals with serious offences at football matches (fence rattling, naughty words etc.) by those animals known as Grimsby Town fans. Thieving smack heads who burglarise peoples homes are rightly low down on the list of priorities when theres easy pickings and stats to be had.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 98
hertfordshire mariner
August 7, 2012, 1:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
what are these lads in court for? was it something that happened outside the ground? I was stood right by the fence in the ground and saw nothing that would warrant arrest. ive seen old ladys cause more aggro fighting over the reduced stuff in tescos.

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 98
Super Clive
August 7, 2012, 3:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from bogbrush
PC Dodds, I'll have you lot know, is a respectable, honorable man doing a fantastic job at wiping out the major offences at football grounds by Grimsby fans.

If only we had more decent PCs like him on the beat on the mean streets of Grimsby and Cleethorpes to catch and convict drug dealers, and the suckers who have been taking in by using drugs and are now having to steal from peoples homes to fund their dirty smack addcition. But, like I said, Mr PC Dodds rightly deals with serious offences at football matches (fence rattling, naughty words etc.) by those animals known as Grimsby Town fans. Thieving smack heads who burglarise peoples homes are rightly low down on the list of priorities when theres easy pickings and stats to be had.

Waste of time well It's not in some cases namely football offences, the courts are not interested in the smack heads they are in and out of court on A daily basis and therefore get a slap on the wrist which is wrong but the polices efforts are wasted in these cases.

Football on the other hand the courts love an over reaction and harsh sentence. How the fuk its got to that I'll never know.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 98
pseudonym
August 7, 2012, 3:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from Chrisblor
Was he Flemish ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 98
marinerian
August 7, 2012, 4:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Becareful what you right. After a comment at Telford he was happy to tell me my full name, username, my job, age etc.

Not really that impressive as I have never hid behind my username and most town fans know me.
Oh remember you can request information about held by Humberside police For £10! To do with the freedom of information act.

Also any cctv footage has to be destroyed after so long, unless being used for legal action.

Anyway, I will be calming down at games.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 98
Super Clive
August 7, 2012, 4:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Indeed Ian, if you had a criminal record as a minor You can get it wiped of the system when you are 18 all your finger prints and dna also get removed but you have to physically go down to the station and ask them to remove it as they won't otherwise.I use to have a few fighting(not at football) cautions and that on mine  they have all been wiped now and i haven't been in trouble since due to  taking up boxing and mixed marshal arts and generally growing up.

There are loads of stuff like this that people don't know about. Ok not getting into trouble in the first place helps but if you can get your dna and finger prints of the system then do it! You don't know what they use it for, not could get stitched up for a crime you never committed and allsorts!
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 98
aaron rattray
August 7, 2012, 4:37pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Pc dodds is a really nice man who cares for your safety, hes a hard working honest family man, he may be over the top but thats because he cares about your safety, he is a really nice man to speak to, he joins in with a couple of chants aswell, nice bloke

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 98
August 7, 2012, 4:41pm
Guest User
Quoted from aaron rattray
he joins in with a couple of chants aswell

Like what?
Reply: 33 - 98
Super Clive
August 7, 2012, 4:45pm
Vodka Drinker
"What a waste of council tax we pay for your hats"

Private Message
Reply: 34 - 98
biggles9999
August 7, 2012, 4:48pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from 1739

Like what?

Sutcliffe is our leader.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 98
hertfordshire mariner
August 7, 2012, 4:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1739

Like what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWa7V17n2no

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 98
Super Clive
August 7, 2012, 4:56pm
Vodka Drinker

That's more like it.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 98
Codzilla
August 7, 2012, 5:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Pc dodds is a really nice man who cares for your safety, hes a hard working honest family man, he may be over the top but thats because he cares about your safety, he is a really nice man to speak to, he joins in with a couple of chants aswell, nice bloke

Shut up Ratface. I've always fet bad for you and thought people were being bullies but you have absolutely no idea about half the shite you come out with. You just always want to be the centre of attention
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 98
aaron rattray
August 7, 2012, 5:39pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
At telford town fans was singing doddsy give us a wave and he did, other coppers wouldn't have done that

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 98
STB
August 7, 2012, 5:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
At telford town fans was singing doddsy give us a wave and he did, other coppers wouldn't have done that

That's probably because they're not called Dodds.

Private Message
Reply: 40 - 98
aaron rattray
August 7, 2012, 5:41pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Codzilla

Shut up Ratface. I've always fet bad for you and thought people were being bullies but you have absolutely no idea about half the shite you come out with. You just always want to be the centre of attention

How is saying that doddsy is a nice man wanting to be the centre of attention

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 98
Codzilla
August 7, 2012, 5:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Have you ever had to deal with him? Have you ever even spoke to him? He may be ok outside of his job but in it he certainly isn't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 98
OneLove
August 7, 2012, 5:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Arron, he might smile, wave and all the rest but he's a copper. Why an earth do we have over 100 bans? hes a sly man, very sly indeed. Some of the offences hes got folk collared and banned for are a joke.

A.C.A.B
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 98
gary_elton
August 7, 2012, 5:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
I dont know this Dodds bloke , but know lots of town fans... I was at Alfreton and 95% of the crap was coming from
the Alfreton side of the fence...  I say again , I dont know this Dodds bloke , dont want to and wud much rather stand
my ground with the town fans and have them in my trench rather than this bloke when push comes to shove

and you can quote me on that,  Dodds.... never met you , but just dont like you....  UTFM !!!!

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 98
GrimsbyLad
August 7, 2012, 5:59pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +7 / -2

Are you sure was more like Doddsy is a w*nker from the young uns on the right of the stand
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 98
Codzilla
August 7, 2012, 7:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
All the Doddsy lovers can answer this. How on earth can a club our size with our average gates be like 7th in the country for banning orders? HOW?! I can't remember them but if someone can find the stats there are some clubs we are above that just makes you think how it's possible. Want to know why? Because Doddsy stitches as many people up as he can so he can go show his bosses what a "wonderful" job he is doing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 98
Codzilla
August 7, 2012, 7:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
The ones that deserve bans then that's their own fault but I bet half of our bans would never have been given if any other clubs FI officer was in charge of us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 98
wigworld
August 7, 2012, 7:33pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Never met him, but 'He's a nice bloke protecting everyone's safety' doesn't seem to be the mainstream opinion of him.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 48 - 98
moosey_club
August 7, 2012, 9:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from STB

Beautiful comedy wasted on the self proclaimed new Barrymore.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 98
arryarryarry
August 7, 2012, 9:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,022
Gold Stars: 117
I would like to know what this dodsy fellow was doing at the Hull friendly when their fans were acting like tossers and refusing to sit down.

Probably cacking himself.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 98
August 7, 2012, 9:40pm
Guest User
Quoted from Codzilla
All the Doddsy lovers can answer this. How on earth can a club our size with our average gates be like 7th in the country for banning orders? HOW?! I can't remember them but if someone can find the stats there are some clubs we are above that just makes you think how it's possible. Want to know why? Because Doddsy stitches as many people up as he can so he can go show his bosses what a "wonderful" job he is doing.

It's a concern to be honest. I try and keep my head down, yes I enjoy a few pints at away games in particular and I've no interest in fighting but I've been to enough games in my time to know that you never know what or who is around the corner.

And if it goes off and it's a case of fight or die (I've been there) then you can easily end up in court, then banned then sacked then homeless then your life is copulated.
Reply: 51 - 98
Cayman_mariner
August 7, 2012, 9:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from STB

Comedy Gold  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 98
ska face
August 7, 2012, 10:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,846
Gold Stars: 854
You only have to look at that 19-year-old kid in the telegraph last week to see the trumped up nothing-incidents they'll have you banned for nowadays purely to justify the role of a full-time FIO at a conference club getting 30-40 away fans each week:

http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk.....17-detail/story.html

So cutting through the sensationalist bullshit, this kid has been banned for three years, had his name & face splashed across the local rag, and has his civil liberties restricted in ridiculous, draconian style for the following 'offences':

• Walking through Burton town centre
  • Not fighting with Sheff Weds fans
  • Singing provocatively
  • Being in the same ground as a smoke bomb
  • Not going on the pitch, nor attempting to, at Telford
  • Being seen with a banned supporter

You only have to look at the comments from the idiots on the Telegraph website to see how this type of story-from-nothing is having a negative impact on our club and the impression this gives of the fanbase to the rest of the town.

Nick Dale makes me laugh, being quoted in the rag stating how the club won't tolerate this kind of behaviour and how we're a family club. It was only a fortnight ago that they were condoning the return of...well, let's not get into that again!
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 98
August 7, 2012, 10:43pm
Guest User
Quoted from ska face
You only have to look at that 19-year-old kid in the telegraph last week to see the trumped up nothing-incidents they'll have you banned for nowadays purely to justify the role of a full-time FIO at a conference club getting 30-40 away fans each week:

So cutting through the sensationalist bullshit, this kid has been banned for three years, had his name & face splashed across the local rag, and has his civil liberties restricted in ridiculous, draconian style for the following 'offences':

• Singing provocatively

I read that, thought it was absolutely shocking.
Reply: 54 - 98
Codzilla
August 7, 2012, 10:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face

• Singing provocatively

You only have to look at the comments from the idiots on the Telegraph website to see how this type of story-from-nothing is having a negative impact on our club and the impression this gives of the fanbase to the rest of the town.

Nick Dale makes me laugh, being quoted in the rag stating how the club won't tolerate this kind of behaviour and how we're a family club. It was only a fortnight ago that they were condoning the return of...well, let's not get into that again!

Agree with all of that totally. It's all well and fine to "apparently" make law breaking comments but if you walk through Burton town centre you're well and truly copulated
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 98
aaron rattray
August 7, 2012, 11:27pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
At telford some paper was set on fire but a steward quickly stamped it out, it was literally 5 yards away from me and they wasn't goading telford fans

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 98
dazwev
August 8, 2012, 6:33am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +10 / -2
At telford some paper was set on fire but a steward quickly stamped it out, it was literally 5 yards away from me and they wasn't goading telford fans

Pipe down boy, let the grown ups speak!

<*))))))><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 98
gary_elton
August 8, 2012, 9:22am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from dazwev

.... good comment... sometimes the lad just doesnt know when to STFU !!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 98
cocky
August 8, 2012, 10:32am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Quoted from Codzilla

I presume most of those banning orders are from Burton - Where would we be ranked if those are excluded?  There were a fair few idiots out that day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 98
aaron rattray
August 8, 2012, 10:51am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from dazwev

Sorry sorry im a lorry, beep beep im a jeep

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 98
hertfordshire mariner
August 8, 2012, 11:16am
Fine Wine Drinker

Sorry sorry im a lorry, beep beep im a jeep geep

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 98
north wall
August 8, 2012, 11:17am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -1

Sorry sorry im a lorry, beep beep im a jeep

I have seen posts to/about  you and  thought they were unfair and harsh and at times bullying but on this post you have confirmed 2 thing you deserve everthing you get and children should be seen and not heard
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 98
Theimperialcoroner
August 8, 2012, 11:52am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,318
Gold Stars: 103
Ive been pretty forthright and consistent in my condemnation of any sort of footy violence, but it really does seem that some and I repeat some of those involved are getting the shitty end of the stick. Trouble is that we are now seeing elements of guilt by association in that you follow GTFC therefore you must be a thug. Worse still there seems to be an imbalance in the justice meted out, it's a three year ban whatever the offence. There needs to be a line in the sand very soon before respect for the law is completely lost. Do those with any contacts with the FSA have the opportunity to drive this? Perhaps they could come on here and discuss/advise how we as a group of fans can manage PC Dodds and his crew. What are the Trusts thoughts on the matter?

I just want to see those that should be banned dealt with in the right way, those that don't similarly fairly treated.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 98
coddy60
August 8, 2012, 12:12pm

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +656
Gold Stars: 13
A lad I know got banned following the Bournemouth game, even though there was no evidence to suggest he had done anything untoward at this match.
What they did instead was to reel out 11 years worth of footage of him, stood in groups, stood outside pubs and the like, basically attending games whilst dressed smartly, which they sensationalised to the jury thus getting him a banning order.
Watch yourselves, this deviant will have you for tossing a fagend away if he can, and will no doubt back up his trumped up charges with the ropiest of evidence, as he knows it will stick easily in court.
I would love to see him defend his actions on here, we all know he wastes the taxpayers cash by sitting in his office reading these threads, the floors yours PC Dodds, but I'll not hold my breath......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 98
ska face
August 8, 2012, 12:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,846
Gold Stars: 854
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Ive been pretty forthright and consistent in my condemnation of any sort of footy violence, but it really does seem that some and I repeat some of those involved are getting the shitty end of the stick. Trouble is that we are now seeing elements of guilt by association in that you follow GTFC therefore you must be a thug. Worse still there seems to be an imbalance in the justice meted out, it's a three year ban whatever the offence. There needs to be a line in the sand very soon before respect for the law is completely lost. Do those with any contacts with the FSA have the opportunity to drive this? Perhaps they could come on here and discuss/advise how we as a group of fans can manage PC Dodds and his crew. What are the Trusts thoughts on the matter?

I just want to see those that should be banned dealt with in the right way, those that don't similarly fairly treated.

Amanda Jacks at the FSF is the person to speak to.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 98
flash1
August 8, 2012, 12:50pm
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Quoted from ska face

Amanda Jacks at the FSF is the person to speak to.

i totally agree with that!

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 98
marinerian
August 8, 2012, 2:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from flash1

i totally agree with that!

She is very helpful.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 98
roundballovalhole
August 8, 2012, 4:07pm
Guest User
[quote=40]Ive been pretty forthright and consistent in my condemnation of any sort of footy violence, but it really does seem that some and I repeat some of those involved are getting the shitty end of the stick. quote]

Are you suggesting that people are convicted without evidence of any wrongdoing?  I would suggest that those people get legal representation because I am not sure how a person could be convicted without evidence of a crime having taken place. I am not so naive to think there could not be false convictions but it seems like everyone on here convicted seems to think they are innocent and this I can't believe!!!

Loads of folk on here bang on at length about their exploits over the years in Yorkshire, GY, Liverpool, Chesterfield etc etc but then complain bitterly that others get convicted and then blame it all on PC Dodds.  All coppers I have ever known look to nick people for crimes, that is their job and that is probably how their performance is judged by their bosses.

I have been to footie matches over the years and have never had any convictions or arrests. . . . . I put this down to not committing any crimes. . . . . Not being skilled at avoiding the wrong place at the wrong time.

Out of interest, I think we have around 100 on banning orders or in nick becasue of football related violence. . . . . .what number of these do you think have been stitched up and are actually innocent?  Serious question
Reply: 68 - 98
STB
August 8, 2012, 4:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from 1054
[quote=40]
Out of interest, I think we have around 100 on banning orders or in nick becasue of football related violence. . . . . .what number of these do you think have been stitched up and are actually innocent?  Serious question

29 stitched up, 71 genuine convictions.

Private Message
Reply: 69 - 98
roundballovalhole
August 8, 2012, 4:18pm
Guest User
Quoted from STB

29 stitched up, 71 genuine convictions.

The Birmingham 6
The Grimsby 29
Reply: 70 - 98
August 8, 2012, 7:08pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1054
[quote=40]Ive been pretty forthright and consistent in my condemnation of any sort of footy violence, but it really does seem that some and I repeat some of those involved are getting the shitty end of the stick. quote]

Are you suggesting that people are convicted without evidence of any wrongdoing?  I would suggest that those people get legal representation because I am not sure how a person could be convicted without evidence of a crime having taken place. I am not so naive to think there could not be false convictions but it seems like everyone on here convicted seems to think they are innocent and this I can't believe!!!

Loads of folk on here bang on at length about their exploits over the years in Yorkshire, GY, Liverpool, Chesterfield etc etc but then complain bitterly that others get convicted and then blame it all on PC Dodds.  All coppers I have ever known look to nick people for crimes, that is their job and that is probably how their performance is judged by their bosses.

I have been to footie matches over the years and have never had any convictions or arrests. . . . . I put this down to not committing any crimes. . . . . Not being skilled at avoiding the wrong place at the wrong time.

Dodds can and has applied to have people banned without any criminal conviction, its guilty by association or some bollox like that, so be carefull who you stand next too next time your in the beer garden when his cameras come out! mind you, you strike me more of a flask and blanket man so no need for you to worry.
Reply: 71 - 98
Theimperialcoroner
August 8, 2012, 8:47pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,318
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from 1054

I made it clear that it was only some of those given banning orders had been possibly badly done by. There also seems to be little flexibility in the sentences. It seems you get three years for a relatively minor issue and three years for more serious ones. Justice is only justice of its fair and equitable, I'm not sure this is the case in this instance.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 98
Grantham_Mariner
August 8, 2012, 9:42pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,220
Gold Stars: 52
All this PC Dodds stuff, have you thought that it is the Magistrate that decides on guilt, and it is the Magistrate that hands out the sentence, although he gets guidance, but never the less they are playing a big part in the outcomes!

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 98
Marinerz93
August 9, 2012, 8:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
All this PC Dodds stuff, have you thought that it is the Magistrate that decides on guilt, and it is the Magistrate that hands out the sentence, although he gets guidance, but never the less they are playing a big part in the outcomes!

"There is a statutory obligation on every court to have regard to this guideline in a relevant case and to give reasons when imposing a sentence outside the range identified."

"This guideline is the result of an intensive and consultative process, which has at all stages beneited from the involvement of key users of the guidelines."

"Sentencing Advisory Panel and, in particular, to the members of its advisory group,  for the extensive consideration they have given, not only to detailed matters of content but also to ensuring a proper balance in the assessment of the seriousness of all the offences involved."

Quote is from Magistrates guidelines so they are given set of guidelines submitted by an advisory group, so in a nutshell 3 year automatic ban for less serious and jail for more serious.  In it there is a "Football related offences" and it does not mention being banned but fined, from

crimeline.info/app/download/.../Football+banning+orders.doc

"a banning order should only be imposed where there are strong grounds for concluding that the individual subject of the order has a propensity for taking part in football hooliganism. "

CPS Guidance to Prosecutors and Managers - Football Related Offences
There are three routes for asking the courts to impose a football banning order:
•     When the police have evidence that an individual has previously caused or been involved in violence or disorder and continues to pose a threat they can ask a magistrate’s court to impose a football banning order on the basis of an array of evidence (e.g. video recordings gathered at home or abroad, overseas convictions for violence or disorder, police intelligence reports, etc).

•     When someone has been convicted of a football related offence (that can be almost any criminal offence connected with football, committed in any location, 24 hours either side of a match), the law requires that the court imposes a banning order if it is satisfied that an order will help to prevent further football-related violence or disorder.

•     During a control period – which starts five days before an overseas match or tournament and lasts until the event has finished – the police can intercept and prevent from travelling an individual (not already subject to a banning order) when they have evidence that the person has previously been involved in violence or disorder and grounds for suspecting that the individual continues to pose a risk. Any individual so intercepted must face banning order court proceedings within 24 hours.

I think PC Dodds conviction rate needs to be assessed by someones legal department.  I'm not someone who is involved with Football violence and I don't condone it but this over zealous policing is making distrust the police.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 98
TownLad87
August 9, 2012, 8:42am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -13
Approval: +0
doddsy he is a liar. tried to stitch up my mate in court. him and the goofy ginger female fio officer with glasses.
stories didn't match and the judge for once told em to stop wasting his time and threw the case out.

GT GTF GTFC OK!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 98
gary_elton
August 9, 2012, 10:16am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from TownLad87
doddsy he is a liar. tried to stitch up my mate in court. him and the goofy ginger female fio officer with glasses.
stories didn't match and the judge for once told em to stop wasting his time and threw the case out.

" like ".....

oops... best be careful... dont want Pc Ploddy Dodd on my case....  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 98
August 9, 2012, 12:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from Marinerz93

"There is a statutory obligation on every court to have regard to this guideline in a relevant case and to give reasons when imposing a sentence outside the range identified."

"This guideline is the result of an intensive and consultative process, which has at all stages beneited from the involvement of key users of the guidelines."

"Sentencing Advisory Panel and, in particular, to the members of its advisory group,  for the extensive consideration they have given, not only to detailed matters of content but also to ensuring a proper balance in the assessment of the seriousness of all the offences involved."

Quote is from Magistrates guidelines so they are given set of guidelines submitted by an advisory group, so in a nutshell 3 year automatic ban for less serious and jail for more serious.  In it there is a "Football related offences" and it does not mention being banned but fined, from

crimeline.info/app/download/.../Football+banning+orders.doc

"a banning order should only be imposed where there are strong grounds for concluding that the individual subject of the order has a propensity for taking part in football hooliganism. "

CPS Guidance to Prosecutors and Managers - Football Related Offences
There are three routes for asking the courts to impose a football banning order:
•     When the police have evidence that an individual has previously caused or been involved in violence or disorder and continues to pose a threat they can ask a magistrate’s court to impose a football banning order on the basis of an array of evidence (e.g. video recordings gathered at home or abroad, overseas convictions for violence or disorder, police intelligence reports, etc).

•     When someone has been convicted of a football related offence (that can be almost any criminal offence connected with football, committed in any location, 24 hours either side of a match), the law requires that the court imposes a banning order if it is satisfied that an order will help to prevent further football-related violence or disorder.

•     During a control period – which starts five days before an overseas match or tournament and lasts until the event has finished – the police can intercept and prevent from travelling an individual (not already subject to a banning order) when they have evidence that the person has previously been involved in violence or disorder and grounds for suspecting that the individual continues to pose a risk. Any individual so intercepted must face banning order court proceedings within 24 hours.

I think PC Dodds conviction rate needs to be assessed by someones legal department.  I'm not someone who is involved with Football violence and I don't condone it but this over zealous policing is making distrust the police.

Another thing to consider regarding this over zealous bafoon is the negative affect it has on our club, his obsession with banning fans through whatever means he can in order to propell us up the banning league table only increases our policing bill, which I've seen quoted somewhere is on par with some of the championship clubs which is absolutly ridiculous considering the teams we play and the gates we have.

I'm sure the club would like shut of this twit even just to increase player budget instead of throwing money away just so dodds can justify his job.
Reply: 77 - 98
marinerian
August 9, 2012, 12:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
I will post some details and information from Amanda of The FSF.

If people are unhappy and want advice about how the police treat them at games please private msg me and I have permision to pass on her contact number.

If you are not going to stand up for your rights or our reputation as GTFC fans, how cbn you moan!

She read the article of Joshua and was not impressed and asked why he was not arrested for violent disorder, which is a serious offence!

I am a marked man so I am happy to stand against this.

Why has the number of orders increased? Is the policing causing more problems? You can look at statistics to ask more than one question

Is the pog

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 98
August 9, 2012, 12:45pm
Guest User
Quoted from gary_elton

" like ".....

No excrement I've read his statements,  thing is they will go as far as stand on oath and lie out their back teeth and when it becomes obvious to everyone in court that they are full of excrement the case gets dropped but nothing happens them? (witnessed this myself) something needs to be done they should be charged for Perjury or something that would soon nip these lieing illegitimates in the bud.
Reply: 79 - 98
August 9, 2012, 12:55pm
Guest User
Quoted from gary_elton

" like ".....

No excrement I've read his statements,  thing is they will go as far as stand on oath and lie out their back teeth and when it becomes obvious to everyone in court that they are full of excrement the case gets dropped but nothing happens them? (witnessed this myself) something needs to be done they should be charged for Perjury or something that would soon nip these lieing illegitimates in the bud.
Reply: 80 - 98
Billybigbollox
August 9, 2012, 1:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from 2578

i watched the dvd this week its tame as ......seen alot worse in clee on a sat night .................there are defo lies taken place for sure my mate is defending himself and will be putting the questions to them tomz .....

Problem is putting your opinion on here makes you a marked man am afraid and its wrong as we SHOULD have freedom of speech

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 98
Billybigbollox
August 9, 2012, 1:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Stand corrected i seen worse outside clee leisure centre on a friday night when i pick my daughter up  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 98
grimps
August 9, 2012, 1:50pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,178
Gold Stars: 46
This man Doods is just trying to hang on to his easy number of a job.everyone knows real hooliganism died out years ago but still we pay for a fulltime football copper plus a few hangers on on the day of the match.its in his interset to be able to say statistcally there is still a problem at Grimsby.
Ive said all along that police lie in court ,ive been saying it for years on  here and there was a day when Dodds and the police used to get a few posters on here sticking up for them.
those days have more or less gone now and nearly everyone i know has a distrust of the police if not a total hatred
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 98
marinerian
August 9, 2012, 2:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
The FSF are able to offer help and advice to football fans who may have been arrested or served with civil banning order applications. Initial advice is free of charge and the solicitors the FSF use are able to apply for legal aid under the right circumstances. Despite what the police may tell you, it is possible to get legal aid for civil banning orders. Do not listen to what your mates tell you, however helpful they think they’re being – take advice from the experts and it’ll cost you nothing!

The FSF also have access to solicitors who deal with civil actions/complaints against the police and again, initial advice can be offered free of charge and in the right circumstances legal aid can be applied for.

The FSF employ Amanda Jacks who works full time and part of her role is to advise fans who have issues with policing and stewarding. However, Amanda can only help if fans contact her directly. She understands that for many reasons fans may be cautious about getting in touch, but ask yourselves, what is better... speaking to an expert who can actually help or getting nowhere fast and just moaning on forums.

If we want to do something about the policing and stop fans getting banned or ending up with criminal convictions, then lets stop moaning on forums and take action together!

Amanda can be emailed direct on Amanda.jacks@fsf.org.uk or if you want to speak to her, then message me and I’ll pass on her number.

We have a free service at our disposal, lets use it!

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 98
Tinymariner
August 9, 2012, 2:22pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 98
Super Clive
August 9, 2012, 5:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Nothing will happen Ian, worth a try though for those that this has affected.
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 98
marinerian
August 9, 2012, 6:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Super Clive
Nothing will happen Ian, worth a try though for those that this has affected.

If we do not stick together and prove we are not a fanbase of thugs, our reputation will get worse.

It is up to people now, i have given details.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 98
codcheeky
August 9, 2012, 10:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,260
Gold Stars: 31

you are so naive ratboy, have been through the system, these people who we pay think they are above us, i have been in a court case and seen police lie blatantly alter times lose texts and generally make fools of themselves and completely waste taxpayers money. the first thing my solicitor said was that the police are the enemy they not at all interested in justice only results, i thought this was a joke until i saw it at first hand, they are devious and have no regard for truth, not had dealings with dodds but sounds like he would make a good traffic warden
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 98
grimsby pete
August 9, 2012, 10:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,841
Gold Stars: 222
Does anyone know how many away fans have been arrested at Blundell Park under Dodds reign ?

Just a thought.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 98
LH
August 9, 2012, 10:40pm

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,611
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from grimsby pete
Does anyone know how many away fans have been arrested at Blundell Park under Dodds reign ?

Just a thought.

Does he have any say over opposition fans with him being GTFCs FLO? Just asking, not sure.
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 98
siy2k5
August 10, 2012, 7:33am
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from LH

Does he have any say over opposition fans with him being GTFCs FLO? Just asking, not sure.

Surely, as a police officer, he has the authority to arrest anyone for committing a crime, regardless of what football team he/she supports?

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 98
Marinerz93
August 10, 2012, 9:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from siy2k5

Surely, as a police officer, he has the authority to arrest anyone for committing a crime, regardless of what football team he/she supports?

He does but his role is evidence gathering so he'll just sit back and video what's going on.  It would be interesting to know if any of his video evidence has led to the banning / jailing of ANY opposition fans.

Private Message
Reply: 92 - 98
bladerunnner
August 10, 2012, 12:03pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from gary_elton

" like ".....

you,as a British citizen have the right to complain about the conduct of any servant of the crown,this includes police officers.
the police internal investigations dept(or gestapo as they are affectionately known) will be made aware of any officer that keeps coming up on the radar regarding complaints against that particular officer.

now,im not for one minute .suggesting to people on this forum to fabricate stories about certain indivdual police officers or in  no  way inciting people to waste police time,but you have the right to complaint,whether this does you any good is another issue.
all i will say is the more complaints about an officer are reported,the more internal affairs will flag this up........kind regards

irony................its a bit like brassy,only made from iron!   (baldrick,blackadder)
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 98
bladerunnner
August 10, 2012, 12:09pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

He does but his role is evidence gathering so he'll just sit back and video what's going on.  It would be interesting to know if any of his video evidence has led to the banning / jailing of ANY opposition fans.

i can only assume the "logistics" of dealing with away fans is a big factor in them being "more hassle than thier worth" to deal with,its much easier to nick our own idiots,than to have lots of away yobbos milling around waiting for trains,causing problems after the football crowds have long gone home. this i have been told by serving police officers. l

Private Message
Reply: 94 - 98
north wall
August 10, 2012, 12:30pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -1
If it isnt a personal thing how come at Burton people were filmed and shown in the papers at the front acting aggresively and gesturing yet no charges brought against them yet others seen standing around doing nothing just on the pitch got banned named and shamed everything, Last year Sheff wendy run amok down Seaview st breaking windows ect how many of them got nicked yet some young lad gets dragged through the courts & papers for just being there. Are the rest of the people he associated with going to get the same treatment we all know the regular faces that have been turning out for decades week in week out are they due for a nicking in the near future. Remember seeing people with T shirts refering to a certain PC reading all this seems they were right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 98
grimps
August 10, 2012, 1:45pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,178
Gold Stars: 46
Put it this way ,if there was a stranger than expected spike in arrests on a certain minority of the British public  by one poilceman,lets say for instance black people ! then im pretty sure there would be a outcry  from the Lawrence trust and the usual faces would be screaming theres heads off on Question time .nobody ever will or ever has stood up for football fans.this law they are using now is the only law were people can be punished [3 year ban] without actually committing a crime.if like the lad that was banned recently the police had any real evidence other than guilt by association he would have been charged with affray,violent disorder,assult ect
There is something wrong here ,Grimsby should no way have more people arrested than the likes of Arsenal with 20 times as many fans as us.
Maybe somebody from the Grimsby town supporters club trust ect should start writing to the Humberside chief of police and asking him why ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 98
psgmariner
August 10, 2012, 2:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from grimps
Put it this way ,if there was a stranger than expected spike in arrests on a certain minority of the British public  by one poilceman,lets say for instance black people ! then im pretty sure there would be a outcry  from the Lawrence trust and the usual faces would be screaming theres heads off on Question time .nobody ever will or ever has stood up for football fans.this law they are using now is the only law were people can be punished [3 year ban] without actually committing a crime.if like the lad that was banned recently the police had any real evidence other than guilt by association he would have been charged with affray,violent disorder,assult ect
There is something wrong here ,Grimsby should no way have more people arrested than the likes of Arsenal with 20 times as many fans as us.
Maybe somebody from the Grimsby town supporters club trust ect should start writing to the Humberside chief of police and asking him why ?

I think the answer would be Burton.

Private Message
Reply: 97 - 98
hertfordshire mariner
August 10, 2012, 3:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner

I think the answer would be Burton.

even at burton some people got banning orders for just standing on the pitch. i know its an offence but there were at least 500 - 600 people on the pitch that day, both home and away fans, in my opinion all or non should have been band not just the odd few

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 98
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lads in court today!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.