Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lads in court today!!!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 84 Guests

Lads in court today!!!

This thread currently has 10,554 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
roundballovalhole
August 8, 2012, 4:18pm
Guest User
Quoted from STB

29 stitched up, 71 genuine convictions.

The Birmingham 6
The Grimsby 29
Reply: 70 - 98
August 8, 2012, 7:08pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1054
[quote=40]Ive been pretty forthright and consistent in my condemnation of any sort of footy violence, but it really does seem that some and I repeat some of those involved are getting the shitty end of the stick. quote]

Are you suggesting that people are convicted without evidence of any wrongdoing?  I would suggest that those people get legal representation because I am not sure how a person could be convicted without evidence of a crime having taken place. I am not so naive to think there could not be false convictions but it seems like everyone on here convicted seems to think they are innocent and this I can't believe!!!

Loads of folk on here bang on at length about their exploits over the years in Yorkshire, GY, Liverpool, Chesterfield etc etc but then complain bitterly that others get convicted and then blame it all on PC Dodds.  All coppers I have ever known look to nick people for crimes, that is their job and that is probably how their performance is judged by their bosses.

I have been to footie matches over the years and have never had any convictions or arrests. . . . . I put this down to not committing any crimes. . . . . Not being skilled at avoiding the wrong place at the wrong time.

Out of interest, I think we have around 100 on banning orders or in nick becasue of football related violence. . . . . .what number of these do you think have been stitched up and are actually innocent?  Serious question

Dodds can and has applied to have people banned without any criminal conviction, its guilty by association or some bollox like that, so be carefull who you stand next too next time your in the beer garden when his cameras come out! mind you, you strike me more of a flask and blanket man so no need for you to worry.
Reply: 71 - 98
Theimperialcoroner
August 8, 2012, 8:47pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,358
Gold Stars: 104
Quoted from 1054
[quote=40]Ive been pretty forthright and consistent in my condemnation of any sort of footy violence, but it really does seem that some and I repeat some of those involved are getting the shitty end of the stick. quote]

Are you suggesting that people are convicted without evidence of any wrongdoing?  I would suggest that those people get legal representation because I am not sure how a person could be convicted without evidence of a crime having taken place. I am not so naive to think there could not be false convictions but it seems like everyone on here convicted seems to think they are innocent and this I can't believe!!!

Loads of folk on here bang on at length about their exploits over the years in Yorkshire, GY, Liverpool, Chesterfield etc etc but then complain bitterly that others get convicted and then blame it all on PC Dodds.  All coppers I have ever known look to nick people for crimes, that is their job and that is probably how their performance is judged by their bosses.

I have been to footie matches over the years and have never had any convictions or arrests. . . . . I put this down to not committing any crimes. . . . . Not being skilled at avoiding the wrong place at the wrong time.

Out of interest, I think we have around 100 on banning orders or in nick becasue of football related violence. . . . . .what number of these do you think have been stitched up and are actually innocent?  Serious question

I made it clear that it was only some of those given banning orders had been possibly badly done by. There also seems to be little flexibility in the sentences. It seems you get three years for a relatively minor issue and three years for more serious ones. Justice is only justice of its fair and equitable, I'm not sure this is the case in this instance.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 98
Grantham_Mariner
August 8, 2012, 9:42pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,245
Gold Stars: 54
All this PC Dodds stuff, have you thought that it is the Magistrate that decides on guilt, and it is the Magistrate that hands out the sentence, although he gets guidance, but never the less they are playing a big part in the outcomes!

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 98
Marinerz93
August 9, 2012, 8:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
All this PC Dodds stuff, have you thought that it is the Magistrate that decides on guilt, and it is the Magistrate that hands out the sentence, although he gets guidance, but never the less they are playing a big part in the outcomes!

"There is a statutory obligation on every court to have regard to this guideline in a relevant case and to give reasons when imposing a sentence outside the range identified."

"This guideline is the result of an intensive and consultative process, which has at all stages beneited from the involvement of key users of the guidelines."

"Sentencing Advisory Panel and, in particular, to the members of its advisory group,  for the extensive consideration they have given, not only to detailed matters of content but also to ensuring a proper balance in the assessment of the seriousness of all the offences involved."

Quote is from Magistrates guidelines so they are given set of guidelines submitted by an advisory group, so in a nutshell 3 year automatic ban for less serious and jail for more serious.  In it there is a "Football related offences" and it does not mention being banned but fined, from

crimeline.info/app/download/.../Football+banning+orders.doc

"a banning order should only be imposed where there are strong grounds for concluding that the individual subject of the order has a propensity for taking part in football hooliganism. "

CPS Guidance to Prosecutors and Managers - Football Related Offences
There are three routes for asking the courts to impose a football banning order:
•     When the police have evidence that an individual has previously caused or been involved in violence or disorder and continues to pose a threat they can ask a magistrate’s court to impose a football banning order on the basis of an array of evidence (e.g. video recordings gathered at home or abroad, overseas convictions for violence or disorder, police intelligence reports, etc).

•     When someone has been convicted of a football related offence (that can be almost any criminal offence connected with football, committed in any location, 24 hours either side of a match), the law requires that the court imposes a banning order if it is satisfied that an order will help to prevent further football-related violence or disorder.

•     During a control period – which starts five days before an overseas match or tournament and lasts until the event has finished – the police can intercept and prevent from travelling an individual (not already subject to a banning order) when they have evidence that the person has previously been involved in violence or disorder and grounds for suspecting that the individual continues to pose a risk. Any individual so intercepted must face banning order court proceedings within 24 hours.

I think PC Dodds conviction rate needs to be assessed by someones legal department.  I'm not someone who is involved with Football violence and I don't condone it but this over zealous policing is making distrust the police.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 98
TownLad87
August 9, 2012, 8:42am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -13
Approval: +0
doddsy he is a liar. tried to stitch up my mate in court. him and the goofy ginger female fio officer with glasses.
stories didn't match and the judge for once told em to stop wasting his time and threw the case out.

GT GTF GTFC OK!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 98
gary_elton
August 9, 2012, 10:16am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from TownLad87
doddsy he is a liar. tried to stitch up my mate in court. him and the goofy ginger female fio officer with glasses.
stories didn't match and the judge for once told em to stop wasting his time and threw the case out.

" like ".....

oops... best be careful... dont want Pc Ploddy Dodd on my case....  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 98
August 9, 2012, 12:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from Marinerz93

"There is a statutory obligation on every court to have regard to this guideline in a relevant case and to give reasons when imposing a sentence outside the range identified."

"This guideline is the result of an intensive and consultative process, which has at all stages beneited from the involvement of key users of the guidelines."

"Sentencing Advisory Panel and, in particular, to the members of its advisory group,  for the extensive consideration they have given, not only to detailed matters of content but also to ensuring a proper balance in the assessment of the seriousness of all the offences involved."

Quote is from Magistrates guidelines so they are given set of guidelines submitted by an advisory group, so in a nutshell 3 year automatic ban for less serious and jail for more serious.  In it there is a "Football related offences" and it does not mention being banned but fined, from

crimeline.info/app/download/.../Football+banning+orders.doc

"a banning order should only be imposed where there are strong grounds for concluding that the individual subject of the order has a propensity for taking part in football hooliganism. "

CPS Guidance to Prosecutors and Managers - Football Related Offences
There are three routes for asking the courts to impose a football banning order:
•     When the police have evidence that an individual has previously caused or been involved in violence or disorder and continues to pose a threat they can ask a magistrate’s court to impose a football banning order on the basis of an array of evidence (e.g. video recordings gathered at home or abroad, overseas convictions for violence or disorder, police intelligence reports, etc).

•     When someone has been convicted of a football related offence (that can be almost any criminal offence connected with football, committed in any location, 24 hours either side of a match), the law requires that the court imposes a banning order if it is satisfied that an order will help to prevent further football-related violence or disorder.

•     During a control period – which starts five days before an overseas match or tournament and lasts until the event has finished – the police can intercept and prevent from travelling an individual (not already subject to a banning order) when they have evidence that the person has previously been involved in violence or disorder and grounds for suspecting that the individual continues to pose a risk. Any individual so intercepted must face banning order court proceedings within 24 hours.

I think PC Dodds conviction rate needs to be assessed by someones legal department.  I'm not someone who is involved with Football violence and I don't condone it but this over zealous policing is making distrust the police.

Another thing to consider regarding this over zealous bafoon is the negative affect it has on our club, his obsession with banning fans through whatever means he can in order to propell us up the banning league table only increases our policing bill, which I've seen quoted somewhere is on par with some of the championship clubs which is absolutly ridiculous considering the teams we play and the gates we have.

I'm sure the club would like shut of this twit even just to increase player budget instead of throwing money away just so dodds can justify his job.
Reply: 77 - 98
marinerian
August 9, 2012, 12:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
I will post some details and information from Amanda of The FSF.

If people are unhappy and want advice about how the police treat them at games please private msg me and I have permision to pass on her contact number.

If you are not going to stand up for your rights or our reputation as GTFC fans, how cbn you moan!

She read the article of Joshua and was not impressed and asked why he was not arrested for violent disorder, which is a serious offence!

I am a marked man so I am happy to stand against this.

Why has the number of orders increased? Is the policing causing more problems? You can look at statistics to ask more than one question

Is the pog

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 98
August 9, 2012, 12:45pm
Guest User
Quoted from gary_elton

" like ".....

oops... best be careful... dont want Pc Ploddy Dodd on my case....  

No excrement I've read his statements,  thing is they will go as far as stand on oath and lie out their back teeth and when it becomes obvious to everyone in court that they are full of excrement the case gets dropped but nothing happens them? (witnessed this myself) something needs to be done they should be charged for Perjury or something that would soon nip these lieing illegitimates in the bud.
Reply: 79 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lads in court today!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.