Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So just about done.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 79 Guests

So just about done.

This thread currently has 3,379 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
mr viv
August 2, 2012, 9:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
So what do we all think then? Were just about done,our squad is very nearly complete. Myself i am very happy and confident with the business SnH have done. They have broight in experience but experience that is still at a good age as in Niven Colbeck Pearson and Ford. Youth that has done well as in Cook Hatton and Thomas. Combine these with the signings made late on last season as in Soares and Miller the shape of the squad is excellent. Soares having seen five pre season games is imo going to take the league by storm and is a clear talent. The five strikers all have the ability to find the net without question and of course with there being five of them if you aint scoring you aint in the team!! Ford will without doubt keep Pearson and Miller on their toes and his experience imo will prove vital. We have three quality full backs scrapping for two berths and four central mids scrapping for two berths. Every player who will be on the bench for the Southport game whoever that will be? could be in the starting 11 at any time and indeed could come on and change or win us a game. That is always something that indicates the strength and depth of your squad and its something we havent had in our starting 11 never mind on the bench in years.........x.UTMx
Logged Offline
Private Message
mariner91
August 2, 2012, 9:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,837
Gold Stars: 264
We need another winger cause we have three at the minute and that is including Artus.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 36
moosey_club
August 2, 2012, 9:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 229
Unfortunately i dont feel we will fair much better than last year, probably progress league position wise but still out of the play offs.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 36
ivanosandwich
August 2, 2012, 9:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 17
I still have my doubts that Liam Hearn will be a Town player when the big kick off arrives. The fact that he has played very little pre-season and we currently have 5 strikers makes me believe that an offer is imminent for him.

I hope I am wrong but if not......I don't think we will miss him that much. From what I have seen of the new guys so far, especially Cook and Pearson, we will still have a potent strike force.

The big kick off can't come soon enough now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 36
August 2, 2012, 9:45pm
Guest User
Quoted from ivanosandwich
I still have my doubts that Liam Hearn will be a Town player when the big kick off arrives. The fact that he has played very little pre-season and we currently have 5 strikers makes me believe that an offer is imminent for him.

I hope I am wrong but if not......I don't think we will miss him that much. From what I have seen of the new guys so far, especially Cook and Pearson, we will still have a potent strike force.

The big kick off can't come soon enough now.

From what I've seen Pearson isn't fit to lace Hearn's boots. I'm not saying Pearson is bad, I'm saying Hearn is a goal machine and absolutely vital.
Reply: 4 - 36
aaron rattray
August 2, 2012, 9:51pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
[quote=359]I still have my doubts that Liam Hearn will be a Town player when the big kick off arrives. The fact that he has played very little pre-season and we currently have 5 strikers makes me believe that an offer is imminent for him.

The big kick off can't come soon enough now.[/quote
Hearn has been injured]

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 36
August 2, 2012, 9:52pm
Guest User
Quoted from ivanosandwich

But if Liam was to go then surely the managers would not have played him against North Feriby. I also saw him at Blundell Park today for the team photo and he looked happy. Most teams will have there squad pretty much ready now and if they did want him would have had bids for him already.
Reply: 6 - 36
STB
August 2, 2012, 10:11pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Heart say we'll finish 1st in the league, head says around 8th.

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 36
mariner91
August 2, 2012, 10:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,837
Gold Stars: 264
The only thing that gives me quite a lot of hope is that we finished 11th last season but flirted with the play offs at one point. I think our squad now is ten times stronger than what we had this time last year so who knows.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 36
moosey_club
August 2, 2012, 10:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,335
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from mariner91
The only thing that gives me quite a lot of hope is that we finished 11th last season but flirted with the play offs at one point. I think our squad now is ten times stronger than what we had this time last year so who knows.

10 times stronger?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 36
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So just about done.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.