Reply: 30 - 45
upthestripes
August 1, 2012, 3:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from marinette
I think I've probably got loads of talent, but it's so well hidden I haven't found it yet.  

Ahem!

By the way, good time to ask, how's the project coming along?

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 45
marinette
August 1, 2012, 3:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from upthestripes

Ahem!

By the way, good time to ask, how's the project coming along?

Well, the *knitting* is finished.  I've put it away for six months, then I'll take another look at it (with fresh eyes) and see if I'm brave enough to take it further.  Don't think it's good enough, really.  But it's certainly not been a waste of time - I never thought I'd get it finished, done loads of research and learnt a lot and it's helped to take my mind off work, which has been crucial for my state of mind - would probably have gone mad without it...saw half of my colleagues lose their jobs, which was incredibly stressful.

The bad news is - I've got itchy fingers to start another one now.

Private Message
Reply: 32 - 45
upthestripes
August 1, 2012, 4:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from marinette

Well, the *knitting* is finished.  I've put it away for six months, then I'll take another look at it (with fresh eyes) and see if I'm brave enough to take it further.  Don't think it's good enough, really.  But it's certainly not been a waste of time - I never thought I'd get it finished, done loads of research and learnt a lot and it's helped to take my mind off work, which has been crucial for my state of mind - would probably have gone mad without it...saw half of my colleagues lose their jobs, which was incredibly stressful.

The bad news is - I've got itchy fingers to start another one now.

Wow, just finishing it is one heck of an acheivement in itself! I've got about 20 *half jumpers* stashed in my drawer   Some are just sleeves!
Think you will be surprised in 6 months Marinette, dunno how much experience you have but it's really astounding how differently you'll see it after you've forgotten most of it. I think you'll get some pleasant surprises.

Why not start another one? If it's been that helpful to you, do it!

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 45
marinette
August 1, 2012, 6:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from upthestripes

Wow, just finishing it is one heck of an acheivement in itself! I've got about 20 *half jumpers* stashed in my drawer   Some are just sleeves!
Think you will be surprised in 6 months Marinette, dunno how much experience you have but it's really astounding how differently you'll see it after you've forgotten most of it. I think you'll get some pleasant surprises.

Why not start another one? If it's been that helpful to you, do it!

Thanks for the advice.  Problem with starting another one is that I tend to be a bit 'away with the fairies' - but I'll give it a go.

Private Message
Reply: 34 - 45
tonyfordsmicrofro
August 1, 2012, 7:10pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
I once farted the intro of Shirley Bassey's "Hey Big Spender" without autographing my gusset after a particularly heavy day/night on the sauce.

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 45
jock dock tower
August 1, 2012, 7:28pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from tonyfordsmicrofro
I once farted the intro of Shirley Bassey's "Hey Big Spender" without autographing my gusset after a particularly heavy day/night on the sauce.

That's pure class....but you'd obviously not had a daal accompanying the night on the sauce or the autograph would have been mandatory

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 45
tonyfordsmicrofro
August 1, 2012, 7:40pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
Quoted from jock dock tower

That's pure class....but you'd obviously not had a daal accompanying the night on the sauce or the autograph would have been mandatory

On the contrary. If I had partaken in a daal, this may have given me the ability to progress onto the verse and possibly the first chorus.  

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 45
bradzmilne
August 2, 2012, 10:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,433
Gold Stars: 30
I play for and run the 3rd best youth futsal team in england, lost the other week in the semi final of the national championships on penalties.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 45
psgmariner
August 2, 2012, 10:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from tonyfordsmicrofro

Can't stop laughing!

Private Message
Reply: 39 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hidden talent

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.