Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just how many of the fishy fans go watch GTFC?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 77 Guests

just how many of the fishy fans go watch GTFC?

This thread currently has 3,476 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
FishOutOfWater
July 23, 2012, 1:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,588
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from northbankmariner
like so many people on here, i used to be a regular home and away following town all over the country. I now live just outside hull and work weekends so i am unable to get to hardly any games at all, IT DOES NOT MAKE ME ANY LESS OF A FAN JUST BECAUSE I CANNOT ATTEND REGULARLY, i was there for the hull game the other night and was impressed with what i saw of town to be honest , had not seen them at all the previous season. If i didnt work weekends and lived just round the corner from the ground i would never miss trust me, but money/work dictates for many of us.  We are all town fans but some of us can only show it on here for the majority of the time.  UP THE MARINERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree totally with this

I haven't lived in GY for over 30 years now

When I first moved away (to MK) I would be back every weekend then over time other things gradually took over but I ALWAYS used to be an avid teletext viewer etc and have the Sports Telegraphs sent to me to see what was going on

Then when kids came along and money had to go their way, my attendances dropped off even more alarmingly but I never ever once gave up on us

I remember driving 20 / 30 miles from where I lived in Northants just to listen to odd bits of commentary on the car radio but thankfully when the internet got going big time, the old Fishy, Mariners World and other sites provided the lifeline

I moved back up to the Humber region 7 years ago but still have to travel 50 miles to BP so I can get over a lot more often now but my heart always belonged to this club...like the old song goes, First Love Never Ever Dies
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 47
CatchOfTheDay
July 23, 2012, 1:51pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +77
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Agree totally with this

I haven't lived in GY for over 30 years now

When I first moved away (to MK) I would be back every weekend then over time other things gradually took over but I ALWAYS used to be an avid teletext viewer etc and have the Sports Telegraphs sent to me to see what was going on

Then when kids came along and money had to go their way, my attendances dropped off even more alarmingly but I never ever once gave up on us

I remember driving 20 / 30 miles from where I lived in Northants just to listen to odd bits of commentary on the car radio but thankfully when the internet got going big time, the old Fishy, Mariners World and other sites provided the lifeline

I moved back up to the Humber region 7 years ago but still have to travel 50 miles to BP so I can get over a lot more often now but my heart always belonged to this club...like the old song goes, First Love Never Ever Dies

Well said  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 47
barralad
July 23, 2012, 5:10pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from grimsby pete
I have been to hundreds and hundreds of town games, far too many to count,

Alas since moving to Suffolk 25 years ago I can not get to many home games, maybe 2 or 3 a season,

Only good thing about living so far from Blundell Park is there are a lot of non league sides in travelling distance from here,

So I manage to see Terry and his gang on 3 or 4 occassions.

That's a GOOD thing?    

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 47
grimsby pete
July 23, 2012, 5:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,841
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from barralad

That's a GOOD thing?    

Well you are one of the gang Ian, so yes.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 47
Dan
July 23, 2012, 5:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from grimsby pete

Gang of traveling xenophobes?

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 47
voice of reason
July 23, 2012, 6:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from grimsby pete
I have been to hundreds and hundreds of town games, far too many to count,

Alas since moving to Suffolk 25 years ago I can not get to many home games, maybe 2 or 3 a season,

Only good thing about living so far from Blundell Park is there are a lot of non league sides in travelling distance from here,

That's unfortunate... Perhaps try moving a bit further away to combat the situation...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 47
barralad
July 23, 2012, 7:52pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,301
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Dan

Gang of traveling xenophobes?

Whoa there fella-be careful what you are saying. The vast majority of people who travel on the battle bus are not xenophobic in any way shape or form. You may have an issue with Terry but don't extend it to a group of people you know nothing about.  An apology might be in order?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 47
pseudonym
July 23, 2012, 8:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from barralad

Whoa there fella-be careful what you are saying. The vast majority of people who travel on the battle bus are not xenophobic in any way shape or form. You may have an issue with Terry but don't extend it to a group of people you know nothing about.  An apology might be in order?
Don't rise to the bait young Barra

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 47
MyDogsThoughts
July 23, 2012, 9:02pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
As The Fishy has over 4,500 members I'd like to think at least 350 actually go to BP occasionally.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 47
headingly_mariner
July 23, 2012, 10:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,408
Gold Stars: 124
i go but i don't have to fooking like it!

what a shite poll, some people go and some can't make it, who would fake being a fan of a small town washed up football club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › just how many of the fishy fans go watch GTFC?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.