jonnyboy82
July 17, 2012, 10:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

You might be right mate, but Soares definately had a more central role last 20 minutes or do! Best town player for me tonight, thought his close control, passing and vision was excellent!

I agree mate soares for me was our best player,i think he could really do well for us either as a winger or more centrally up front.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
Tommy
July 17, 2012, 10:30pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Pleased to see Soares getting some praise. I'm hoping he can do really well this season. He's obviously got ability, just needs to build his confidence up (crowd being behind him will help) and get a run of games.

I went to Gainsborough with two mates who aren't regulars and both said Soares was our brightest player on the ball.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
louth_in_the_south
July 17, 2012, 10:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,724
Gold Stars: 96
Wasn't there so can't give an opinion on the great 433 debate but if the new players we've brought in havnt played it before its going to take a while for it to click . Personally if we want to play a defensive game , packing midfield and smashing into teams on the counter I'd play 451 with the 3 centre mids and 2 conventional wingers

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
Mighty_Mariner
July 17, 2012, 10:38pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,263
Gold Stars: 10
And if you were one of the bell ends who booed when the half time whistle was blown then you need to give yourselves a flipping slap. It's a flipping PRE SEASON FRIENDLY!!!!!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
Tommy
July 17, 2012, 10:42pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
And if you were one of the bell ends who booed when the half time whistle was blown then you need to give yourselves a flipping slap. It's a flipping PRE SEASON FRIENDLY!!!!!

If this is true and people booed then i hope some people around them told them to shut the f*** up.

What message does that give to our new signings about the 'support' they can expect this season. Make one mistake and you will be booed, results in no players taking risks and being skilful and results in no players taking responsiblity.

Sure it was only a few mindless idiots but they need telling whilst at the game. Before anyone comes out with the "they've paid their money their entitled to their opinion" line, they're not if their opinion is so stupid and could be detrimental to the performance of some of the players.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
July 17, 2012, 10:43pm
Guest User

Well said, it is what pre season is for so we can see where are weaknesses are so that we can correct them for the real thing. Anyone who is expecting us to beat a team 2 divisions  higher than us are stupid.  I would rather us get it wrong now so that we dont get it wrong when the real thing comes along.
Reply: 15 - 33
Mighty_Mariner
July 17, 2012, 10:47pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,263
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Tommy

If this is true and people booed then i hope some people around them told them to shut the f*** up.

What message does that give to our new signings about the 'support' they can expect this season. Make one mistake and you will be booed, results in no players taking risks and being skilful and results in no players taking responsiblity.

Sure it was only a few mindless idiots but they need telling whilst at the game. Before anyone comes out with the "they've paid their money their entitled to their opinion" line, they're not if their opinion is so stupid and could be detrimental to the performance of some of the players.

Unfortunately it's true mate, I had a bit of a rant with several expletives loud enough for the idiots to hear! I was genuinely shocked!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
aaron rattray
July 17, 2012, 10:50pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
I heard them boo

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
TheCurlyMariner12
July 17, 2012, 10:58pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / -1
For me Soares was the best player on the pitch, and i thought Colbeck looked a very good player too, hes got the ability to get past players and hisfinal ball and corners was not bad either.

UTM !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
80sglory
July 18, 2012, 1:18am
Guest User

You might be right mate, but Soares definately had a more central role last 20 minutes or do!

Very true !
Have to say, whilst Soares might have been playing left side he quickly cut into the centre.

Not sure what it all means and johnnyboy might be right but I'm not convinced.
If I had to guess I'd say it's more a case of "start slow, get better" in both games and the formations were co-incidence.
Jury still out for me...
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › One thing learned tonight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.