Reply: 80 - 101
aaron rattray
July 17, 2012, 10:01pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
I was sitting in L92 in ponny with my 2 mates, first half dreadful with Thomas and hatton getting no protection and only niven and artus and soares did well in that first half the rest were excrement without exception for anyone in the 2nd half everyone played well 100% better than   1st half

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 101
July 17, 2012, 10:04pm
Guest User
We should be playing 4 4 flipping 2, after you conpare the 1st half and 2nd half performaces. After the 1st half I was ready to call one of our new signings total gash, but I suppose I better him him chance after the 2nd half. I blame 4-3-3 for making us look crap in the 1st half. And did anyone else notice when the PA bloke red out the attendance the 1st time he sais "Tweleve thousand..." instead of tweleve hundred!!
Reply: 82 - 101
hook line and sinker
July 17, 2012, 10:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
the points i learnt from tonight

4-3-3 is a complete waste of time,hearn is out on the left and not involved in the game

hatton doesnt look convincing imo gave the ball away far to easy

elding is our equivalent to marmite love him or hate him, love the guys passion for the club but his work rate is for nothing and nothing comes of it,his positioning decision making is poor and his finishing he needs 10 attempts to score 1 goal. in my opinion cook is by far the superior player. Did anyone notice donnys players wasnt running around like a headless chicken? thats because they let the ball do the work.

Soares can be fustrating at times but i fell the gaffers dont no what his best position is as yet.i think he just needs a goal then he will thrive here.

pearson miller didnt put a foot wrong as per

donnys first goal was very soft goal and we should of done better,2 penaltys, goal disallowed for us on another day we may of won this one

2nd half was completley different cook, colbecks pace,woods determination and southwells insticts inside the box changed the game

looking at first 11 i'd go for                

mckeown
                   wood           pearson               milller      ???????????/thomas

colbeck            niven               thanoj             thomas/soares

hearn              cook

southwell,disley,pearson,

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 101
Tommy
July 17, 2012, 10:09pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from 1106
After the 1st half I was ready to call one of our new signings total gash, but I suppose I better him him chance after the 2nd half.

Oh dear.

Quoted from 1106
I blame 4-3-3 for making us look crap in the 1st half.

Was it nothing to do with playing against a decent League One side then? (I wasn't there)

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 101
Grimsby2012
July 17, 2012, 10:10pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
the points i learnt from tonight

4-3-3 is a complete waste of time,hearn is out on the left and not involved in the game

hatton doesnt look convincing imo gave the ball away far to easy

elding is our equivalent to marmite love him or hate him, love the guys passion for the club but his work rate is for nothing and nothing comes of it,his positioning decision making is poor and his finishing he needs 10 attempts to score 1 goal. in my opinion cook is by far the superior player. Did anyone notice donnys players wasnt running around like a headless chicken? thats because they let the ball do the work.

Soares can be fustrating at times but i fell the gaffers dont no what his best position is as yet.i think he just needs a goal then he will thrive here.

pearson miller didnt put a foot wrong as per

donnys first goal was very soft goal and we should of done better,2 penaltys, goal disallowed for us on another day we may of won this one

2nd half was completley different cook, colbecks pace,woods determination and southwells insticts inside the box changed the game

looking at first 11 i'd go for                

mckeown
                   wood           pearson               milller      ???????????/thomas

colbeck            niven               thanoj             thomas/soares

hearn              cook

southwell,disley,pearson,

Ive said all along that the 4-3-3 formation would just not work with the players we have, they would work far more effectively with a 4-4-2 formations with the left mids pushing up and the wing backs also pushing up the attack.

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 101
bobbyturtle
July 17, 2012, 10:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
have we ever had a team that could play  4 3 3?

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 101
July 17, 2012, 10:16pm
Guest User
Quoted from Tommy

Oh dear.

Was it nothing to do with playing against a decent League One side then? (I wasn't there)

It was Hatton which I was going to say looked Gash, gave away both penos and when he was nowhere near his man the reast of the 1st half. But I'll give him a 2nd chance. I know its very unfair to say that after ony 45 mins of viewing against a L1 side, am prob being way too harsh. 2nd half showing was much better.

I do think it was playing against a L1 side with a 4-3-3 formation. Having said that we matched them in the 2nd half after we  changed to 4-4 flipping 2

Reply: 87 - 101
Tommy
July 17, 2012, 10:21pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from bobbyturtle
have we ever had a team that could play  4 3 3?

as said in another thread earlier today, we haven't had much success playing 4-4-2 in the last ten years either have we

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 101
Quagmire
July 17, 2012, 10:25pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +929
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Tommy

as said in another thread earlier today, we haven't had much success playing 4-4-2 in the last ten years either have we

That's down to the sub-standard players we've had rather than the formation.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.