Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Starting 11?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 55 Guests

Starting 11?

This thread currently has 3,253 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
July 17, 2012, 5:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.77
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,860
Gold Stars: 224
Having not seen anybody play yet, I can not choose a starting eleven,

BUT

We are a lot  stonger squad than last year plus we have anothe 2 or 3 players still to join,

So we should be near the top from the start of the season and hopefully at the top at the end of the season.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 46
ginnywings
July 17, 2012, 6:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.00
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,157
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from TAGG

There we go again with Alfreton FFS dont you think that it may just have been the fact that he was a very good player in a excrement league and he would have had a lot of goals whatever his position. He plays for TOWN in a better league with better players so again I say its irrelevant what he did there.  

"He is just as capable of beating the full back and whipping over a cross" okay I'm willing to listen to that argument when you tell me when and in what games last season he did this? I didn't see him do it once.

These people who want him wasted out wide. Did you ever go to the games last season??????????

I can't remember who it was against but i remember him putting a fantastic cross from the left straight onto Duffy's head, which even he couldn't fail to bury. It was at the Ponny end. Seem to remember him putting one on Coulson's head too for another goal at the Osmond end. I'm sure there are other examples.

I'm not advocating Hearn playing on the left as a matter of course, merely that it is an option in some games. The Alfreton reference comes about because he was successfully scouted by S&H playing in that position and has said himself that he likes plying there. Also, the league below ours isn't that far off the standard of the BSP and Alfreton got promoted from it.

Wish people would stop dismissing other sides as "below our standard", as it's laughable, given where we are and how we have struggled to make an impact.

Lastly, i seem to remember you posting from overseas during some Town games. I saw every single home game, so yes i did see us play, rather more than you did.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
kevikov
July 17, 2012, 11:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +858
Gold Stars: 13
I thought that hearn cross was against alfreton? But i'm thinking now that hearn scored all the goals against alfreton? four iirc. But yeah i definately remember it, peach of cross right from the line, lefthand side of the ponny goal. Smack onto duffys forehead. Probably better scoring them though.!

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
GyMariner
July 17, 2012, 11:46pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +692
Gold Stars: 7
IMO We should put out our strongest 442 side to give us a good idea against hull as we seem stronger in this system

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
TAGG
July 18, 2012, 1:34am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,910
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from ginnywings

I can't remember who it was against but i remember him putting a fantastic cross from the left straight onto Duffy's head, which even he couldn't fail to bury. It was at the Ponny end. Seem to remember him putting one on Coulson's head too for another goal at the Osmond end. I'm sure there are other examples.

I'm not advocating Hearn playing on the left as a matter of course, merely that it is an option in some games. The Alfreton reference comes about because he was successfully scouted by S&H playing in that position and has said himself that he likes plying there. Also, the league below ours isn't that far off the standard of the BSP and Alfreton got promoted from it.

Wish people would stop dismissing other sides as "below our standard", as it's laughable, given where we are and how we have struggled to make an impact.

Lastly, i seem to remember you posting from overseas during some Town games. I saw every single home game, so yes i did see us play, rather more than you did.

Ye I'm away now but I was home from Nov too the end of the season so I watched all the games he played out wide and he was lost in all of them. I will put money on that he was shitt if he was playing out there V Donny.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
Harry Haddock
July 18, 2012, 1:48am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
I'd go with Soares behind Cook and Hearn in a diamond formation. Pearson/Elds to come on towards the end

McKeown
Hatton     Miller     Pearson   Thomas

Niven
      Colbeck                Artus
                    Soares

Cook     Hearn        

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 46
80sglory
July 18, 2012, 2:37am
Guest User
Early days but diamond formation looking good at the moment.
Is this their ultimate plan ?
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Starting 11?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.