Tommy
July 16, 2012, 11:05pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from marinerdean
The Khan fight was good. I would probably say Khan won the first two rounds, and was probably winning the third until one big punch from Garcia knocked him down, then he never really recovered from it. I was surprised the ref stopped it though, because Khan was saying to the ref he was ok.

I agree with all of that dean apart from the last bit. The referee has got to look out for the guys safety in there and Khan didn't know where he was. I've never seen anyone knocked down in a round, make the break, sit in his corner and then come back out for the next round just as dazed as when he got floored in the first place.

Was another entertaining fight and it was a lucky blind punch that connected to change (win) the fight for Garcia, but Khan left himself open for it and didn't do what he's good at. I hope for his own safety he never fights Mayweather.

Haye-Chisora was excellent entertainment i thought, regardless of what anyone says about the two as individuals. Would like to see Haye vs Vitali but doubt it will happen.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 44
Rick12
July 18, 2012, 9:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Tommy

I agree with all of that dean apart from the last bit. The referee has got to look out for the guys safety in there and Khan didn't know where he was. I've never seen anyone knocked down in a round, make the break, sit in his corner and then come back out for the next round just as dazed as when he got floored in the first place.

Was another entertaining fight and it was a lucky blind punch that connected to change (win) the fight for Garcia, but Khan left himself open for it and didn't do what he's good at. I hope for his own safety he never fights Mayweather.
watching the highlights on you tube I thought Khan dominated the first 2 rounds and looked the better boxer eg quicker hand speed.Maybe as he stated in post fight interviews if he wouldn't have jumped in so much the outcome may have been different.Still surprised that Garcia won although I thought he may give Khan a test I didn't see him winning it.I hope a rematch is planned as I still think a less exuberant Khan could still win the rematch.Though saying that respect to Garcia for getting his tactics right and being patient and taking his opportunity when the time came

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 44
Biccys
July 18, 2012, 10:22am
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I never say the fight but is it fair to say Khan got caught with, for want of a better phrase "lucky punch" a la Lennox Lewis vs Rahman 1st time out?

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 44
Rick12
July 18, 2012, 10:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Biccys
I never say the fight but is it fair to say Khan got caught with, for want of a better phrase "lucky punch" a la Lennox Lewis vs Rahman 1st time out?
my view as well.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 44
Rodley Mariner
July 18, 2012, 7:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 185
Garcia was looking for that big left hook throughout and he got the chance to land it because Khan got a little bit sloppy. When he boxes properly he looks great in my opinion. When he tries to go toe-to-toe with opponents he runs the risk of that sort of thing happening.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › David Haye vs Dereck Chisora

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.