5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Rick12
July 15, 2012, 9:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
thought Haye looked good against Chisora but against Vitali(if he fights him) will be a step I feel too far.As for Khan being stopped in the 4th surprising

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 44
cmackenzie4
July 15, 2012, 10:53am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Rick12
thought Haye looked good against Chisora but against Vitali(if he fights him) will be a step I feel too far.As for Khan being stopped in the 4th surprising

What was the Khan fight like Rick i missed it due to having to be up early for work ?

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
Rick12
July 15, 2012, 11:14am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from cmackenzie4

What was the Khan fight like Rick i missed it due to having to be up early for work ?
saw the Chisroa fight but not the Khan one-on to late.Still I doubt many would have predicted a 4th round stoppage

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 44
cmackenzie4
July 15, 2012, 11:26am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Rick12
saw the Chisroa fight but not the Khan one-on to late.Still I doubt many would have predicted a 4th round stoppage

Ya right mate, I certainly did not, I thought maybe a Khan win on points, I wonder where this will leave him now ?

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 44
Rick12
July 15, 2012, 12:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Ya right mate, I certainly did not, I thought maybe a Khan win on points, I wonder where this will leave him now ?

probably wont get the Mayweather fight now.Think he is like you have said a decent boxer(still feel though a very good one) but not a world class one.Its a shame that his career has been stalled somewhat as I like him as a person.Hope he recovers from this and still continues to have some success in the fight game

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
cmackenzie4
July 15, 2012, 1:19pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Maybe he has been pushed a bit to quick wouldn't you say Rick ? He was an excellent Amateur but Professional and Amateur are very different indeed has he as found out.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 44
marinerdean
July 15, 2012, 1:44pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +23
The Khan fight was good. I would probably say Khan won the first two rounds, and was probably winning the third until one big punch from Garcia knocked him down, then he never really recovered from it. I was surprised the ref stopped it though, because Khan was saying to the ref he was ok.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 44
Rodley Mariner
July 15, 2012, 2:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from marinerdean
The Khan fight was good. I would probably say Khan won the first two rounds, and was probably winning the third until one big punch from Garcia knocked him down, then he never really recovered from it. I was surprised the ref stopped it though, because Khan was saying to the ref he was ok.

I thought the ref was right to stop it and probably shouldn't have let him go on beyond the first knock down. He was fighting well, in and out quickly, putting nice little combinations together and making Garcia look ordinary. Then he got a little sloppy, Garcia throws a massive blind hook and he was never going to recover once it landed. He seems to be torn between being technically very good and wanting to entertain. The problem he has is that when he does he get a bit sloppy and exposes his chin he'll always give technically less proficient fighters a punchers chance. It's only cost him against Prescott and Garcia but it could have cost him other fights as well - Maidana springs to mind. Still think he can have a great career and 25 is no age for a boxer but he needs to go away and think about what he's going to do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 44
topuphere666
July 15, 2012, 4:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Rick12

The same vitali that laboured a points win against chisora in march?

Don't forget Derek had never been on the floor until last night.

Haye would beat Vitali easily enough on last nights showing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 44
Rick12
July 15, 2012, 8:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Maybe he has been pushed a bit to quick wouldn't you say Rick ? He was an excellent Amateur but Professional and Amateur are very different indeed has he as found out.
or he has been found out and maybe he isn't the world class boxer some thought he was.However its a defeat against a very decent opponent so there's no shame in that.Would be interested to see if there's a rematch

Quoted from topuphere666

The same vitali that laboured a points win against chisora in march?

Don't forget Derek had never been on the floor until last night.

Haye would beat Vitali easily enough on last nights showing.
maybe but Haye lost to his brother Wladmir who is not as good as him.I agree Chisora done well against Vitali and if the Vitali fight does go ahead Vitali will have to up his game or Haye could cause him probs (I still think a pumped up committed Vitali will be to much for Haye though)

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › David Haye vs Dereck Chisora

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.