2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Codswede
May 16, 2012, 12:37am

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
Just reading some of the things keeping us all interested and had an idea of a new one.

Seen as were all massive pessimists your opinion of the most amazing GTFC goal that didn't go in, or didn't count.

For me, it's definitely going to be one of either Jason Crowe's miss in the 86th or Maccas crossbar strike in the 87th minute away at Rushden and Diamonds in 2003, if either had gone in, we'd most certainly have drawn and thus stayed up. But, instead Onandi Lowe I think might have finished us off with a hat-trick.

Potentially amazing moment, but macca crashed against the bar

UTM

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
jamesgtfc
May 16, 2012, 4:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,079
Gold Stars: 190
For me it has to be the Northampton game in our relegation under Woods season. My memory is hazy but from where I was sat; in the Lower Findus; I and many around me thought we had scored.

I was sat on the front row and my premature celebratory leap almost sent me over the hoardings.

Someone got sent off in that game if I remember correctly and we lost 2-1. For me; that game decided our season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
aaron rattray
May 16, 2012, 6:03am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from jamesgtfc
For me it has to be the Northampton game in our relegation under Woods season. My memory is hazy but from where I was sat; in the Lower Findus; I and many around me thought we had scored.

I was sat on the front row and my premature celebratory leap almost sent me over the hoardings.

Someone got sent off in that game if I remember correctly and we lost 2-1. For me; that game decided our season.

Oliver lancishire got sent off in front of the findus

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
Youngy
May 16, 2012, 7:30am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 9
For me it was Marc Goodfellow at Leyton Orient on Easter bank holiday Monday

Last minute, it falls to Goodfellow from no more then 5 yards out, all he has to do is out it on target and he somehow hits the bar

He scores that and we win the game 1-0 and with only 4 games of the season left the likelyhood is we finish above Orient and get promoted
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
RoboCod
May 16, 2012, 7:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Akpro came as close to scoring as is possible early in the game at Burton. Quite how it stayed out I do't know, it may have changed the direction of that game but as Barnet won anyway it didn't matter. Mind you, that bunch of mercenaries were so poor that day it's as well we lost.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
May 16, 2012, 7:39am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,482
Gold Stars: 16
Kev Moore hitting the bar against Wolves in the League Cup quarter final in 1979. It was at the Pontoon end, we drew 0-0 eventually losing in the second replay. Wolves went on to win the cup. That cup run was amazing, brilliant times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
RoboCod
May 16, 2012, 7:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Kev Moore hitting the bar against Wolves in the League Cup quarter final in 1979.

They showed that on Calendar the next night. Bet the footage doesn't exist anymore

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
Mariners_15
May 16, 2012, 7:54am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Defo Akpro against Burton early on, everyone thought we had scored, only for Burton to go straight up the other end and score..gutted
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
Paris Mariner
May 16, 2012, 8:24am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Tony Gallimore free kick 98/99 v Birmingham City! It was one on those that rippled the side netting. 0-0 FT If I remember rightly

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 19
Codswede
May 16, 2012, 8:45am

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
Also the Wayne Burnett wonder non-goal at wembley, my half of wembley were celebrating for a good five minutes!

Lucky he ended up doing the job in the end!

Eldings volley this season must be in with a shout as one of the best non-goals too! Dodgy linesman gave him offside, would hav been a cracker.

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC goals that weren't

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.