Silk's gone

This thread currently has 3,818 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Pelham
May 3, 2012, 10:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +6 / -34
Brilliant! Flipping brilliant. They get rid of a really good right back, splendid crosser of the ball, in order to play 4-3-3 rubbish. Thank God they will be sacked soon enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 46
Shithouse Rat
May 3, 2012, 10:05pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Quoted from Pelham
Brilliant! Flipping brilliant. They get rid of a really good right back, splendid crosser of the ball, in order to play 4-3-3 rubbish. Thank God they will be sacked soon enough.

Silk was in and out of a mid-table side in the BSP, I don't think that qualifies him as being brilliant at anything.  You also seem to be venting your spleen at assumption, unless of course you know for sure that Town will be playing 4-3-3 next season.

[img]http://www.musicquizworld.com/images/banner_bobmarley.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
mariner91
May 3, 2012, 10:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,695
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Pelham

I'm pretty sure 4-3-3 still has a need for a right back that can cross. So I don't think this is the reason.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
May 3, 2012, 10:09pm
Guest User
Quoted from Pelham

WUM.
Reply: 43 - 46
bigdavemariner
May 3, 2012, 10:26pm
UTM
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 4
Thought Silk was solid enough, but it was evident as early as pre season that he was a yard off the pace. he just wasn't quick enough and we were made to pay for this at times when we played against anyone with pacey wingers. He often made up for his lack of pace with decent positioning, but at times that meant him sitting 5 yards deeper into our half than needed. We had a lack of attacking intent down the right hand side, often with Silk not venturing much further than the half way line, and no overlap of the winger. It's a shame he didn't have more pace and better fitness to get up and down the wing as he could deliver a good quality ball which led to several goals in the last 3rd of the season. But getting forward was always at a cost and left us exposed at the back.

I would have been content enough to see him here next year, but the fact he's been released shows the ambition of the 2 managers. They won't settle for average, and won't settle for middle of the road performances. I'm confident we'll see a pacey full back come in with a nasty streak in him Bradley Wood style.

just on the nasty streak point. For years the team have been too soft, mentally, physically and in the challenge. We need to be dirtier, rougher, harder in the tackle and nastier all over the pitch. Last season we were kicked off the park by Fleetwood. A team of bullies who would never go up we said. oh dear. I want to see us be harder, dirtier, nastier and more street wise next year please.

Gary Lump Lump Lump!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
aaron rattray
May 4, 2012, 7:38am
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Damien mccrory from dagenham, used to play for us on loan and Did well, could he come in?

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 46
davmariner
May 4, 2012, 1:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,957
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from aaron rattray
Damien mccrory from dagenham, used to play for us on loan and Did well, could he come in?

Good left back and Dagenham's first choice left back in the league above. He went back down their as I seem to remember that his family are up there and that he wanted to stay in the football league. Why the hell would he come here?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Silk's gone

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.