This thread currently has 1,616 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
biggles9999
April 26, 2012, 3:42pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Terry has been given permission according to the BBC to lift the trophy should Chelsea win the game.

If they win Champions League it will be in spite of Terry based on the Tuesday, not through any great help from him. If I were a Chelsea player i'd not want him being the first to lift it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
psgmariner
April 26, 2012, 3:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Agreed.

Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
Rodley Mariner
April 26, 2012, 4:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Having seen Bayern last night and a couple of other times this season and having seen plenty of Chelsea, I don't think they need to be unduly worrying themselves with who'll lift the trophy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
biggles9999
April 26, 2012, 4:06pm
Main Stander
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Having seen Bayern last night and a couple of other times this season and having seen plenty of Chelsea, I don't think they need to be unduly worrying themselves with who'll lift the trophy.

How many people would have said that before the semi between Barca and Chelsea though?

Not me, I will add though, I put a few quid on Chelsea winning it before the first semi  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
Tommy
April 26, 2012, 4:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
That is reason enough for me to want Bayern to win. He could have cost his team the tie in the semi-final and they went through despite his stupid actions. His defence of the incident was laughable beyond belief and if he has an ounce of dignity he will let the captain on the day lift the trophy, the glory hogging intercourse.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
biggles9999
April 26, 2012, 4:35pm
Main Stander
Quoted from Tommy
That is reason enough for me to want Bayern to win. He could have cost his team the tie in the semi-final and they went through despite his stupid actions. His defence of the incident was laughable beyond belief and if he has an ounce of dignity he will let the captain on the day lift the trophy, the glory hogging intercourse.

The he backed into me defence? Cant believe he even tried to claim that.

How many games as he played for Chelsea and England now, yet he stills 'forgets' that cameras can give unlimited replays and angles of any incident?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
Tommy
April 26, 2012, 4:39pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from biggles9999

The he backed into me defence? Cant believe he even tried to claim that.

How many games as he played for Chelsea and England now, yet he stills 'forgets' that cameras can give unlimited replays and angles of any incident?

Not only that. But the linesman is obviously always looking along the defensive line during the whole game. Did Terry really think that the linesman would not see it, as he constantly has Terry in his line of sight?

Lampard's defence of him since the game has been pretty cringeworthy and pathetic too if you ask me.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
speedy
April 26, 2012, 4:58pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -10
Approval: +445
Who says he would actually be first? it just states hes able to join in the celebrations and get his medal and lift it. not lift it first? and he hasn't actually claimed he will... jumping to conclusions there a bit?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
gobby
April 26, 2012, 5:01pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Have come to the conclusion that John Terry and PC Dodds are the most disliked people by Fishyfolk.
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
biggles9999
April 26, 2012, 6:08pm
Main Stander
Quoted from speedy
Who says he would actually be first? it just states hes able to join in the celebrations and get his medal and lift it. not lift it first? and he hasn't actually claimed he will... jumping to conclusions there a bit?

Chelsea captain John Terry can lift Champions League trophy, says Uefa

• Terry will be allowed to collect trophy if Chelsea win final
• Captain is suspended for 19 May game at the Allianz Arena

Taken from the Guardian. The way most papers have reported it is that Terry will be on the pitch and collecting the trophy as captain. Collecting being the key word, as that implies that the trophy is being collected from which ever UEFA official is handing it over.

Massive difference from Keane and Scholes who had to be convinced to go on the pitch after '99 as they didnt want to take away from the teams performance that day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Terry

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.