Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2nd year youth contract decisions today?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 125 Guests

2nd year youth contract decisions today?

This thread currently has 2,120 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Southwark Mariner
April 24, 2012, 2:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
I get the impression via twitter that the 2nd year youthers find out if they have a contract for next season today. I'd be a nervous wreck waiting for that sort of news. Would be good if we can produce 2-3 squad players this year.

Also, not sure who the assistant manager of the youth team is. His name's Nathan Collins but I can't remember how he joined GTFC.
Logged Offline
Private Message
jimgtfc
April 24, 2012, 3:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,101
Gold Stars: 45
If it's the same Nathan Collins I'm thinking of, he used to be involved with Boston Town at some level, and was quite highly regarded as a coach by a few people.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
bax
April 24, 2012, 3:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
They're being told as we speak. Don't think too many have been given pro deals. Josh Freeman has been released, not sure about Dayle Southwell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
aaron rattray
April 24, 2012, 3:51pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
Quoted from bax
They're being told as we speak. Don't think too many have been given pro deals. Josh Freeman has been released, not sure about Dayle Southwell.

We are not speaking we are typing and reading and clicking amongst other things, the next barrymore strikes again

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
Bullitt
April 24, 2012, 3:53pm
Guest User
Don't really post on here anymore, but after working with the youth for the past couple of months it's gutting to see some of them having to move on, top bunch of lads, and I'm putting together dvd's for them to use to help find new clubs.

Will be working with the youth again next year, and have a meeting with the club to see what we can do about getting the highlights for next year up on the official website, so fans can keep up to date with what's happening in the youth department.

Really hope that the ones released can stay in football, been a pleasure to work with, and if they keep working they can make it one day.
Reply: 4 - 21
Bullitt
April 24, 2012, 3:56pm
Guest User
Southwell is the only one to have been offered a contract so far.
Reply: 5 - 21
April 24, 2012, 3:56pm
Guest User
I wonder if the players who have been given contract will be able to make a break into the first team. Would be great if we could get another young gem like Andi Thanoj , Bradley Wood or Chalie I'anson.
Reply: 6 - 21
aaron rattray
April 24, 2012, 3:59pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
In sorry bullitt but i don't believe that at all, they won't just pick up somebody from the streets to help

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
rancido
April 24, 2012, 4:02pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,619
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from aaron rattray
In sorry bullitt but i don't believe that at all, they won't just pick up somebody from the streets to help

What are you on about ?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
Bullitt
April 24, 2012, 4:04pm
Guest User
Quoted from rancido

What are you on about ?

He doesn't believe that I've been working with the youth lot, for whatever reason, he just doesn't like it when he's not centre of attention I guess.
Reply: 9 - 21
rancido
April 24, 2012, 4:07pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,619
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from 2075

He doesn't believe that I've been working with the youth lot, for whatever reason, he just doesn't like it when he's not centre of attention I guess.

I'd rather he was at the centre of the Earth.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
Bullitt
April 24, 2012, 4:10pm
Guest User
Southwell was the only one to be offered a pro contract, gutting really, but well done to the guy!
Reply: 11 - 21
fiveallive
April 24, 2012, 4:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Must be a shame today for all them players getting released must be gutted, iam suprised they never gave Josh Freeman a contract they normally give out 6 months contract to a couple of players but some was probably expecting getting released anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
April 24, 2012, 4:20pm
Guest User
Gutting to see them go but it will probably be just that this years youth team wasnt good enough. How long is Southwells contract for?
Reply: 13 - 21
Bullitt
April 24, 2012, 4:49pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1739
Gutting to see them go but it will probably be just that this years youth team wasnt good enough. How long is Southwells contract for?

No clue to be honest, only know thats he's the only one to get one.

Theres a tournament on Saturday in Hull, U17's games, only 30 mins each I think which is an odd one, but it will show how we will be looking next season, see how the youth adapts and pushes on for next season, UTM!
Reply: 14 - 21
Southwark Mariner
April 24, 2012, 4:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
have we brought in a new intake yet?

edit   ah the u17 game is the potential squad to pick from?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
Bullitt
April 24, 2012, 4:55pm
Guest User
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
have we brought in a new intake yet?

They haven't been bought in officially but I think it's known who's coming in, looking forward to the new season (even though it's yanks away!)

As for the mini tournament on Saturday, I imagine it will be a mix of the current first year youths, and maybe some of the new lads, will see how it goes and report back, can't imagine it will be too strenuous though with such short games.
Reply: 16 - 21
Youngy
April 24, 2012, 4:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,676
Gold Stars: 9
Did Jack Bradbury get let go or is he 1st year YT? He looked like a really talent when I saw him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
alvinghammariner
April 24, 2012, 5:05pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
Quoted from Youngy
Did Jack Bradbury get let go or is he 1st year YT? He looked like a really talent when I saw him

he's been released.

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
Southwark Mariner
April 24, 2012, 5:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Do we think we might see him play at Southport?

I'd say yes, give him a chance in a game that doesn't really mean anything for us but expect he might only be on the bench
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
oldun
April 24, 2012, 5:10pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
If they are not knocking on the door for a place in the first team, we cannot afford to carry them. Shame but with no reserve team they would be kicking their heels in stead of a football. We are in the BSP remember, money tight and we must cut our cloth accordingly. Lucky we still have a youth set up, I bet many BSP clubs don't. Reality setting in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 21
Abdul19
April 24, 2012, 6:58pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,586
Gold Stars: 218
Is it after two years the youth team funding from the league runs out?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2nd year youth contract decisions today?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.