Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, April 24, 2012, 2:43pm
I get the impression via twitter that the 2nd year youthers find out if they have a contract for next season today. I'd be a nervous wreck waiting for that sort of news. Would be good if we can produce 2-3 squad players this year.

Also, not sure who the assistant manager of the youth team is. His name's Nathan Collins but I can't remember how he joined GTFC.
Posted by: jimgtfc, April 24, 2012, 3:10pm; Reply: 1
If it's the same Nathan Collins I'm thinking of, he used to be involved with Boston Town at some level, and was quite highly regarded as a coach by a few people.
Posted by: bax, April 24, 2012, 3:48pm; Reply: 2
They're being told as we speak. Don't think too many have been given pro deals. Josh Freeman has been released, not sure about Dayle Southwell.
Posted by: aaron rattray, April 24, 2012, 3:51pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from bax
They're being told as we speak. Don't think too many have been given pro deals. Josh Freeman has been released, not sure about Dayle Southwell.

We are not speaking we are typing and reading and clicking amongst other things, the next barrymore strikes again
Posted by: 2075 (Guest), April 24, 2012, 3:53pm; Reply: 4
Don't really post on here anymore, but after working with the youth for the past couple of months it's gutting to see some of them having to move on, top bunch of lads, and I'm putting together dvd's for them to use to help find new clubs.

Will be working with the youth again next year, and have a meeting with the club to see what we can do about getting the highlights for next year up on the official website, so fans can keep up to date with what's happening in the youth department.

Really hope that the ones released can stay in football, been a pleasure to work with, and if they keep working they can make it one day.
Posted by: 2075 (Guest), April 24, 2012, 3:56pm; Reply: 5
Southwell is the only one to have been offered a contract so far.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), April 24, 2012, 3:56pm; Reply: 6
I wonder if the players who have been given contract will be able to make a break into the first team. Would be great if we could get another young gem like Andi Thanoj , Bradley Wood or Chalie I'anson.
Posted by: aaron rattray, April 24, 2012, 3:59pm; Reply: 7
In sorry bullitt but i don't believe that at all, they won't just pick up somebody from the streets to help
Posted by: rancido, April 24, 2012, 4:02pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from aaron rattray
In sorry bullitt but i don't believe that at all, they won't just pick up somebody from the streets to help

What are you on about ?
Posted by: 2075 (Guest), April 24, 2012, 4:04pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from rancido

What are you on about ?

He doesn't believe that I've been working with the youth lot, for whatever reason, he just doesn't like it when he's not centre of attention I guess.
Posted by: rancido, April 24, 2012, 4:07pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from 2075

He doesn't believe that I've been working with the youth lot, for whatever reason, he just doesn't like it when he's not centre of attention I guess.

I'd rather he was at the centre of the Earth.
Posted by: 2075 (Guest), April 24, 2012, 4:10pm; Reply: 11
Southwell was the only one to be offered a pro contract, gutting really, but well done to the guy!
Posted by: fiveallive, April 24, 2012, 4:18pm; Reply: 12
Must be a shame today for all them players getting released must be gutted, iam suprised they never gave Josh Freeman a contract they normally give out 6 months contract to a couple of players but some was probably expecting getting released anyway.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), April 24, 2012, 4:20pm; Reply: 13
Gutting to see them go but it will probably be just that this years youth team wasnt good enough. How long is Southwells contract for?
Posted by: 2075 (Guest), April 24, 2012, 4:49pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from 1739
Gutting to see them go but it will probably be just that this years youth team wasnt good enough. How long is Southwells contract for?

No clue to be honest, only know thats he's the only one to get one.

Theres a tournament on Saturday in Hull, U17's games, only 30 mins each I think which is an odd one, but it will show how we will be looking next season, see how the youth adapts and pushes on for next season, UTM!
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, April 24, 2012, 4:53pm; Reply: 15
have we brought in a new intake yet?

edit   ah the u17 game is the potential squad to pick from?
Posted by: 2075 (Guest), April 24, 2012, 4:55pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
have we brought in a new intake yet?

They haven't been bought in officially but I think it's known who's coming in, looking forward to the new season (even though it's yanks away!)

As for the mini tournament on Saturday, I imagine it will be a mix of the current first year youths, and maybe some of the new lads, will see how it goes and report back, can't imagine it will be too strenuous though with such short games.
Posted by: Youngy, April 24, 2012, 4:59pm; Reply: 17
Did Jack Bradbury get let go or is he 1st year YT? He looked like a really talent when I saw him
Posted by: alvinghammariner, April 24, 2012, 5:05pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Youngy
Did Jack Bradbury get let go or is he 1st year YT? He looked like a really talent when I saw him

he's been released.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, April 24, 2012, 5:08pm; Reply: 19
Do we think we might see him play at Southport?

I'd say yes, give him a chance in a game that doesn't really mean anything for us but expect he might only be on the bench
Posted by: oldun, April 24, 2012, 5:10pm; Reply: 20
If they are not knocking on the door for a place in the first team, we cannot afford to carry them. Shame but with no reserve team they would be kicking their heels in stead of a football. We are in the BSP remember, money tight and we must cut our cloth accordingly. Lucky we still have a youth set up, I bet many BSP clubs don't. Reality setting in.
Posted by: Abdul19, April 24, 2012, 6:58pm; Reply: 21
Is it after two years the youth team funding from the league runs out?
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 9:07pm