Wigan 1   Man Utd   0

This thread currently has 5,717 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
lawsman
April 12, 2012, 5:21pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -1
One thing I would like to mention is the fact that Man ure have come to the end of their production line of young talent. Highlighted by the fact that they struggled to bring through a centre half  last season. Something which wouldn't have happened 3-4 years ago.

One thing I would like to see happen is that this government and successive governments start to make these clubs pay the tax that they owe. In some cases 5-6 million quid. I think it was reported that the combined figure of what is owed to the tax man is £500 million+, so make these clubs pay and this would go some way to a level playing field for all clubs.
This action might make the government stop ripping of the ordinary tax payers in this country. As for the premiershite title I don't give a flying f$$k, the  clubs in there dont care for lower teams or their fans so why do we concern ourselves with who wins it , it's the club with the biggest pot of money and who can fiddle figures.

Just my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 84
roundballovalhole
April 12, 2012, 6:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from Abdul19

Oh yeah! But has it ever been different? And are other countries any different?

As for Sky being shut down, surely Al Jazeera or ESPN would just pick up the rights?

I loathe Murdoch with a passion. . . I cant really see al jazeera buying it, espn barely have a presence in the uk. . . maybe someone woylf snap it up but i cant imagine any being able to match the sums sky have put in!

I would love to see a big club go to the wall. . . Liverpool would be funny as fu(k. . . dont they owe millions to their chairman?
Reply: 41 - 84
roundballovalhole
April 12, 2012, 6:09pm
Guest User
Quoted from 1600
Gutted, pulled out of a £2 Wigan 1-0@25/1  

How do you "pull out" of a bet?
Reply: 42 - 84
Mariner_501
April 12, 2012, 6:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from 1054

How do you "pull out" of a bet?

Guessing he went to the bookies, thought "Ahh that looks a nice bet. Just a shame I'll miss this £2 too much."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 84
roundballovalhole
April 12, 2012, 7:07pm
Guest User
Back in the day, "Pulling out of a bet" was called "not putting a bet on"!
Reply: 44 - 84
Neilo83
April 12, 2012, 7:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from 1054
Back in the day, "Pulling out of a bet" was called "not putting a bet on"!

Define back in the day?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 84
roundballovalhole
April 12, 2012, 7:10pm
Guest User
Quoted from Neilo83

Define back in the day?

Like. .   . forever or something!?!!
Reply: 46 - 84
Neilo83
April 12, 2012, 7:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from 1054

Like. .   . forever or something!?!!

Oh right, thought as much but why didn't u state that instead of putting "back in the day"? Along the same lines as pulling out of a bet and not putting a bet on surely?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 84
roundballovalhole
April 12, 2012, 7:20pm
Guest User
Quoted from Neilo83

Oh right, thought as much but why didn't u state that instead of putting "back in the day"? Along the same lines as pulling out of a bet and not putting a bet on surely?

I was using the term 'back in the day' very much with my tongue in my cheek and it was done to pour scorn on 80's post. . .

jeez. . . have you ever heard of sarcasm?

Reply: 48 - 84
roundballovalhole
April 12, 2012, 7:27pm
Guest User
Other things you may wish to ponder n3il in your hyper-literal way. . .  

old skool. . . . Way back when. . . . old as the hills. . .   when i was a lad. . . yesteryear. . . . the old days . . .

(N3il's head explodes while he is screaming "what school? which hills? When who was a lad? Year?  aaaaaaaaaagggghhh does not compute. . . Aaaaaaagggggghhhhh")
Reply: 49 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wigan 1   Man Utd   0

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.