6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
PPMariner
March 30, 2012, 5:57pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 9
Imagine the vitriol that would be spouted towards someone construed to be an ugly, black or asian person at Blundell Park - with all these racists and facists lurking.

They'd be getting it from all angles.

"Associate yourself with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 57
tonyfordsmicrofro
March 30, 2012, 6:36pm

Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +37 / -4
Approval: +26
I'm not getting involved in all this race debate but I've gotta say, the OP's post did make me grin to myself, especially "The referee does his best". I can't speak for the OP but maybe his post was intended to be tongue in cheek perhaps??

You fill up my senses,
Like a barrel of Tetley's,
Like a packet of Woodbine,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Cleethorpes,
Like a greasy chip butty,
O, Super Black and Whites,
Come fill me again
Na na naa naa naa naaaa TOWN!!
Na na naa naa na na naaaa
Na na naa naa na naaa naaa
Na na naa naa naa naaaaaaa!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 57
80sglory
March 30, 2012, 6:38pm
Guest User
Quoted from flash1

Does that make her guilty?i,ll wait to pass judgement untill she,s had her day in court!

Exactly.

And notice how some love to call others lots of unjustifyable and potentially offensive names but then think people should take them seriously when speaking about the rights of others.
No doubt racism is vile and unacceptable but some appear vile and hippocritical -  but it doesn't mean eveyone should be intolerant or stoop to their level of double standards.
Thankfully the sane majority are still trying to live a tolerant society where everyone gets a fair say and are willing to accept the rubbish coming out of people's mouths whether we like it or not.
That's the price we all pay (and is worth paying) for our freedom and freedom of speech (not to be confused with racism before someone purposefully gets the wrong end of the stick).
Reply: 12 - 57
Billybigbollox
March 30, 2012, 6:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +3
Quoted from north wall
From now on so as not to offend any of the delicate souls that watch the modern game of football all negative terms in chants should be exchanged for positive ones
Eg
We love Scuny
We love Yorkies
Benny the docker only drinks smoothies and bottles of juice
The referee does his best
And that song referring to woodbines snuff etc. should be dropped as it may encourage impressionable youngsters to partake in such disgusting products
If this cannot be achieved could all chants be stopped and just give a nice round of applause when a player does well but please ensure to clap the opposition as we don’t want them to feel unappreciated. If you feel the need to show a little bit more in the way of support maybe wave your programme in the air but not too much as the draught caused could offend a person sat nearby and please do not cheer when scoring as it may upset the opposition as losing is not something any one should have to go through in fact it would be better if all games ended in score draws then there would be none of this nasty winning or losing
The only colours worn should be hi vis for the obvious reasons

There is a line you don't cross with the verbal s etc but for me the game is going soft your right .....I enjoy giving and getting stick its part of why i go and watch Town.......Id never clap the 80 away fans for there support no one claps us when we turn up in good numbers and i would not want them to either ....UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 57
barralad
March 30, 2012, 6:58pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,300
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from 1600

Exactly.

And notice how some love to call others lots of unjustifyable and potentially offensive names but then think people should take them seriously when speaking about the rights of others.
No doubt racism is vile and unacceptable but some appear vile and hippocritical -  but it doesn't mean eveyone should be intolerant or stoop to their level of double standards.
Thankfully the sane majority are still trying to live a tolerant society where everyone gets a fair say and are willing to accept the rubbish coming out of people's mouths whether we like it or not.
That's the price we all pay (and is worth paying) for our freedom and freedom of speech (not to be confused with racism before someone purposefully gets the wrong end of the stick).

This has always interested me. What is actually meant by a tolerant society?

I simply do not recognise the practicality in what you seem to be saying are the constituents of a "tolerant society"

Is it one where someone is tolerant of another's beliefs/views to the point where they are simply able to "turn the other cheek" whatever the provocation? I'd like to see it put into practice if say anyone was walking down the street with their wife who was maybe black or fat or ugly and someone came up to them both and made an offensive remark pertaining to one of those characteristics. Are they just exercising their "freedom of speech"? It would be interesting to witness the inner turmoil as someone's desire to be tolerant was outweighed by said wife asking what you intended to do about the insult.

I think we would understand that it isn't, in such a case, a question of tolerance. Surely it is why we have laws- to actually provide a tipping point where behaviour can be classed as unacceptable. Presumably it's why there are laws against breaking into people's houses etc.

A decent society frames itself around a set of rules which "map out" acceptable behaviour. The price we pay has in my opinion little to do with tolerating any sort of behaviour but a hell of a lot to do with providing the means to punish those who step outside the defined boundaries.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 57
GodHelpUs
March 30, 2012, 7:14pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Quoted from TAGG

Drama queeeeen  

Get stuffed t*sser
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 57
PPMariner
March 30, 2012, 7:15pm

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from 1600

Exactly.

All very valid and I'm enjoying the debate but shouldn't we be concentrating on the serious issue raised in the thread - facism.

No-one, no-one should be judged, abused or persecuted because of the look of their face. It is an appalling, abhorrent part of modern society.

"Associate yourself with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 57
TAGG
March 30, 2012, 7:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from GodHelpUs

Get stuffed t*sser

Ooooooooh you Facist          

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 57
Rodley Mariner
March 30, 2012, 7:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from PPMariner

All very valid and I'm enjoying the debate but shouldn't we be concentrating on the serious issue raised in the thread - facism.

No-one, no-one should be judged, abused or persecuted because of the look of their face. It is an appalling, abhorrent part of modern society.

Thought police  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 57
pseudonym
March 30, 2012, 8:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Can you alter it to New rules for the benefit of Hall
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New rules for the benefit of all

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.