This thread currently has 2,874 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Bullitt
March 28, 2012, 2:01pm
Guest User
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts

Do you reconise the Sampdoria player?

He played for us too!

[img]http://subbuteo-emporium.co.uk/images/uploads/assortedpictures010508%20049.jpg[/img]

Jesus thats the one, I honestly didn't notice any of the players, slightly before my time!
Reply: 10 - 26
Rick12
March 28, 2012, 2:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from mariner_mikey
do any of you lads still play subbuteo by any chance ?
great footy game I use to play and brings back happy memories of playing with mates.Saw a program a while back on games that have now gone out of fashion.Sadly with subbuteo it was the onset of video games that finished it

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
mariner_mikey
March 28, 2012, 4:56pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Quoted from Rick12
great footy game I use to play and brings back happy memories of playing with mates.Saw a program a while back on games that have now gone out of fashion.Sadly with subbuteo it was the onset of video games that finished it

I remember ramsden having a aisle full of subbuteo teams. I still collocect subbuteo teams but it isn’t the same anymore they tried to remake subbuteo with cardboard players and it was a major flop there is still a place where you can buy afew teams from http://www.subbuteoworld.co.uk/ but as someone said it wont ever make a full come back for the simple fact its easier to turn a ps3/xbox on  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
MarinerInExile
March 29, 2012, 7:04pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
It's coming back into fashion nowadays I think, along with the likes of vinyl and rioting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
Manchester Mariner
March 29, 2012, 7:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,826
Gold Stars: 42
I got a set for a birthday when I was a youth as I found the Subbuteo aisle at Ramsdens to be amazing. I have to admit that I tired of it fairly quickly and it was packed away in the loft by christmas.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
Bullitt
March 29, 2012, 7:45pm
Guest User
And the pitch always needs ironing otherwise the game is unplayable!
Reply: 15 - 26
Rick12
March 29, 2012, 8:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from 2075
And the pitch always needs ironing otherwise the game is unplayable!
  I remember them problems clearly,always had to add books to the corner as well to stop it form creasing up.I know they brought out a hard surface for the game to alleviate this prob but I never got round to buying it

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
hook line and sinker
March 29, 2012, 9:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
n trying to make a save with the goalkeeper always resulted in the goal frame flying over to the corner flag  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
thefish
March 30, 2012, 6:48pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,261
Gold Stars: 67
Some excellent and very true Subbuteo lyrics here. (Scalextric mentioned too)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3Or410w6hI
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
Ipswin
April 3, 2012, 8:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Four of us had a Subbuteo league (and cup) for a couple of years. Played each other home and away (6 league games) My 'home' pitch was soft with the subbuteo pitch ironed onto a blanket on the dining table (it did grip and stayed smooth if you worked on it enough) another lad had his pitch on the carpet and another pinned on the rough side of a sheet or hardboard. We gave 1966 'World Cup Willie' game coins in matchboxes as medals. Happy days!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › subbuteo

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.