This thread currently has 2,267 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
March 22, 2012, 12:57pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
The confusions comes from the fact that my brother lives less than half a mile from Palace's ground and his postal address is Thornton Heath, Surrey.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
paddymariners
March 22, 2012, 1:07pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Quoted from GrimRob
Woking, Guildford and Leatherhead are the only towns in Surrey who have ever had half decent football teams.

[img]http://www.lukeslocks.co.uk/userimages/locksmithsurrey.jpg[/img]

There has never been a league football side in Surrey, despite it being one of the largest county, and the wealthiest.

But there has been an FA Cup winning club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
GrimRob
March 22, 2012, 1:15pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from paddymariners

But there has been an FA Cup winning club.

True, assuming Old Carthusians F.C. actually played in Godalming back in the era when players wore their normal day time clothes to play in!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 23
Southwark Mariner
March 22, 2012, 3:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
Caterham might not have a good football team...but they've got a better F1 team than Grimsby
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
Maringer
March 22, 2012, 3:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,650
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from GrimRob
Woking, Guildford and Leatherhead are the only towns in Surrey who have ever had half decent football teams.

Don't forget the Staines Massive who are only a division below us. Surely this must make them at least half-decent?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
biggles9999
March 22, 2012, 3:40pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from Maringer

Don't forget the Staines Massive who are only a division below us. Surely this must make them at least half-decent?

This would assume you are classing Grimsby as at least a half decent side at the moment. Since we are constantly reminded by many that this is Town's lowest ebb you could be opening up a debate  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
louth_in_the_south
March 23, 2012, 6:37am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
When I was queuing up to get in I heard one of the woking stewards saying fook me if they bring this many down for a Tuesday night game how many are they going to bring down if we play them on a Saturday ?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
Les Brechin
March 23, 2012, 7:32am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
When I was queuing up to get in I heard one of the woking stewards saying fook me if they bring this many down for a Tuesday night game how many are they going to bring down if we play them on a Saturday ?

It was also one of the few times where the catering van has stayed open right up until the final whistle and they were shouting at us as we left to come back again on Saturday as they'd done the best business all season. Apparently they normally only do the Woking games but they earmarked a handful of H&Y games where it would be worthwhile them opening.

Whether that means that there are no catering facilities there when they play the smaller team like Bath, Kettering & Lincoln etc, I don't know.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
RoboCod
March 23, 2012, 10:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Les Brechin

It was also one of the few times where the catering van has stayed open right up until the final whistle and they were shouting at us as we left to come back again on Saturday as they'd done the best business all season. Apparently they normally only do the Woking games but they earmarked a handful of H&Y games where it would be worthwhile them opening.

Whether that means that there are no catering facilities there when they play the smaller team like Bath, Kettering & Lincoln etc, I don't know.

This adds to the conspiracy theory that Hayes etc are paying the officials to keep Town down to boost their burger sales. It all adds up now.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
Green27
March 23, 2012, 7:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Les Brechin

Its lucky they had their old catering van nicked a few weeks ago. Kingston is also the home to Surrey County Council.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Men against Hayes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.