3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
gobby
March 21, 2012, 10:07am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7

Would just like to congratulate  a couple of Fishy posters on the achievements of reaching tonights Junior Cup final. Firstly to BigChris on his appointment of tonights game as Referee, well done mate and have a good un!
And also to BP Vicar on getting his team to a final, good luck and enjoy it Padge.
Cant make it myself but I hope you both enjoy it
Abatis Fire & Security v Tower Bucharest. Bradley 7pm KO
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Biccys
March 21, 2012, 11:07am
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Echo those sentiments. Lucky you haven't been awarded the game though eh Gobby. I hear you struggle in high pressure games.. Nunny Tavern?  

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 23
ticker_1610
March 21, 2012, 11:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
That's why he's also a qualified ref instructor and assessor! Knows the laws inside out but great to wind up n argue on matchday when his passion for town conflicts with refs displays!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 23
gobby
March 21, 2012, 11:26am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Biccys
Echo those sentiments. Lucky you haven't been awarded the game though eh Gobby. I hear you struggle in high pressure games.. Nunny Tavern?

UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 23
BIGChris
March 21, 2012, 12:39pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Cheers gobby.

Just sharpening my pencil
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
Les Brechin
March 21, 2012, 1:10pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Shame I'm not back in Gy till 10pm tonight as I wouldn't minded going. Good luck to Abatis tonight and hope that Big Chris doesn't have to,send their manager to the stands. He makes Rob Scott seem like a pussycat that bloke.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 23
marinerian
March 21, 2012, 2:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Good luck Vicar, glad you are taking Abatis that step further. Myself & 2 mates orignially formed the club.

One of my best mates was secretary and did a great job. My advice to him to ask Vicar to take over when our last manager went on to work in sunnier climates & looks to have been a master stroke.....go win the cup boys   I can't make it but may annoy BP Vicar asking for text updates  

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 23
March 21, 2012, 3:13pm
Guest User
Thanks for the kind words lads.

Tower are a good side who have scored plenty of goals throughout the season. My undercover scouting network tells me we need to keep their front two quiet which may be a difficult ask. I reckon there will be a few goals, hopefully we can come out on top but we will be underdogs against a side two divisions above us.

Our lads have done fantastically well to get here, coming through the prelim round and in particular beating Tommy Watson's Cleethorpes Town. I'm already very proud so in that respect there's nothing to lose - we will move the ball around with purpose, we'll have a go and see where it takes us.

I hope Big Chris has no need to reach into his pocket for his pencil (at least that's what he says he's fiddling around in his undercrackers for!)

I hope to see a few Fishyites at the game. It's £2 to get in via the turntiles at Bradley FDC (fine facility with beer and food on offer). Kick off is 7pm
Reply: 7 - 23
sparkles
March 21, 2012, 5:46pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +127
We will be there, my big bro plays for Abatis, BP Vicar, dont wanna say his full name on here, but you prob know him as Chilly. Do us a favour and give him a little run out, he is gettin old, he wont have another chance and he might sodding sulk if you dont! lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 23
sparkles
March 21, 2012, 10:30pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +127
Well done Abatis!!! Excellent game, I am so chuffed for them! Bet you have a sore head tomorrow Vicar!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Local Cup Final

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.