Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How would you approach Luton?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 80 Guests

How would you approach Luton?

This thread currently has 4,064 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Mariners_15
March 21, 2012, 7:54am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
A month or so ago, it would have been one of those games where I'd have definitely taken a point but with their current form surely we have to go for all 3?

Defensive approach breaking on them or go at them from the first whistle with their confidence at an all time low?
Logged Offline
Private Message
mariner91
March 21, 2012, 7:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,809
Gold Stars: 262
Got to go at them. What do we have to lose? A draw is nearly as bad as losing for us on Saturday as it we'd probably lose more ground on the other teams as well.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 46
March 21, 2012, 7:59am
Guest User
Got to attack from the first whistle , just look what Forest Green did to them last night...
Reply: 2 - 46
jimgtfc
March 21, 2012, 8:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,124
Gold Stars: 46
Just go for it! Attack Attack Attack!

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 46
oldludensian
March 21, 2012, 8:12am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / -8
Approval: +57
From the south. M25 - M1. Park up. Hope to see car again. Walk across downtown Kabul to the most uncomfotable away seats ever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 46
Chrisblor
March 21, 2012, 8:28am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,983
Gold Stars: 243
The only enjoyable part of a trip to Luton is entering the away stand through a house.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 46
siy2k5
March 21, 2012, 8:31am
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from Chrisblor
The only enjoyable part of a trip to Luton is entering the away stand through a house.

You need to get out more

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 46
Garth
March 21, 2012, 8:35am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quaint old ground,isolated in Luton like West Berlin was in Eastern Germany,  seems like you are in an Eastern country, ramshackled with tight fitting away seats a most unpleasant affair, lets get all three points and scarper
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 46
dapperz fun pub
March 21, 2012, 8:49am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from Chrisblor

and the smell of curry horrible place
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 46
brad_gtfc
March 21, 2012, 9:51am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
In my view, we need to get at them early doors or we could get backlash.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 46
ticker_1610
March 21, 2012, 11:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Would love us to win with a goal that didn't cross the line that would be ironic as they seem to have done us twice at their place with dodgy goals!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 46
Rick12
March 21, 2012, 11:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Mariners_15
A month or so ago, it would have been one of those games where I'd have definitely taken a point but with their current form surely we have to go for all 3?

Defensive approach breaking on them or go at them from the first whistle with their confidence at an all time low?
their still in the play offs and will be aiming to cement a spot there.As a club theyll be itching to get back into the league(even more so as arguably their a bigger club than ours).Go at them but take a balanced approach eg not to much attack and not to defensive .Its going to be a tough game for them and us but the one who comes out on top chances are will be the group who wants it more

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 46
March 21, 2012, 11:17am
Guest User
Straight in then straight back out the dump would be my approach, let's be honest gy is a dump but Luton makes Grimsby look like some high class resort on the French Rivera.
Luton definetley one of the ugliest places in uk along with Bradford burnly, blackburn, horrible smelly shitholes.
Reply: 12 - 46
Brabout now
March 21, 2012, 12:20pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Lads your team just has to turn up and you will easily deal with us on saturday. We will go the predicatble route of playing one midget up front on his own, either the one who can't finish or the pie master general. If you play with good passing and pace you will tear us to shreds. If you have Hearn fit I'm sure he will grab at least a brace. After the match if you could take Brabin and Carden back north and dump them in the Humber it would be really appreciated
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 46
psgmariner
March 21, 2012, 12:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Brabout now
Lads your team just has to turn up and you will easily deal with us on saturday. We will go the predicatble route of playing one midget up front on his own, either the one who can't finish or the pie master general. If you play with good passing and pace you will tear us to shreds. If you have Hearn fit I'm sure he will grab at least a brace. After the match if you could take Brabin and Carden back north and dump them in the Humber it would be really appreciated

Will Brabin definitely still be manager on Saturday?

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 46
hertfordshire mariner
March 21, 2012, 12:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
we have to go at this all guns blazing from the word go.

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 46
Brabout now
March 21, 2012, 12:43pm
Coke Drinker
He should do the decent thing and leave and take Carden with him. After last night's debacle he must go but the warning signs have been there for a while mate. Our position in the league flatters us, we have been poor all season. Points dropped against Telford, Bath, Ebbsfleet, etc. I personally felt he should have been kicked out after that Ebbsfleet game. Constantly makes excuses, bemoans ref decisions, poor signings, ignores the youth, has the 'jobs for the boys' mentality and now with little more than a month of the season to go - still doesn't know what his best team is. If he has not gone by saturday and after the envitable lose, I'm predicted 1-3 to your lot, the atmosphere will be poisonous. I doubt will make the playoffs. After Saturday, York (who always deal with us) and Gateshead will be another two sure defeats.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 46
GrimRob
March 21, 2012, 12:46pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,468
Gold Stars: 115
The typical football manager would say something like we'll play our normal game and not worry about the opposition. This season we've been better at scoring than defending so I don't see the point of packing the midfield or changing the normal formation in any way. We have a big squad and  can replace more or less anyone with a like for like.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 46
Brabout now
March 21, 2012, 12:54pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob
The typical football manager would say something like we'll play our normal game and not worry about the opposition. This season we've been better at scoring than defending so I don't see the point of packing the midfield or changing the normal formation in any way. We have a big squad and  can replace more or less anyone with a like for like.

Mate you will overun our midfield. Lawless can't be bothered and will send wayward passes everywhere, Howells has been very poor recently, he won't start with Watkins who is one player who can make things happen, Wilmott is another ex Cambridge reject who I have never rated, has the odd ok game then starts moaning and his head drops and Keane? Too many pints and pies, he has heart but his engine has gone. He will go with either Crow or Fleetwood up front on his own, play long balls from the back that will never them as the guys are 5'9 a piece, your defenders will easily deal with it. Get the first goal and the fans will slowly get more irritated and then you will be hitting us on the counter all afternoon. Its a certainty with this clown in charge of us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 46
Maringer
March 21, 2012, 1:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
Our midfield is the weakest area of our team and we do lack pace throughout the team so you may have more of a chance than you think.

Hopefully not, however!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 46
Mighty_Mariner
March 21, 2012, 1:47pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,246
Gold Stars: 10
Evidently Luton haven't beaten any team in the tip calf of the table since October.... Interesting!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 46
AdamHaddock
March 21, 2012, 2:10pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,842
Gold Stars: 26
We'll probably need McKeown to have a blinder if we're going to get something. Hopefully we'll get the ball to the feet of Elding, Hearn and Winn enough to rattle a few in - we'll have to. Can't see a clean sheet for us.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 46
MyDogsThoughts
March 21, 2012, 2:33pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
All out attack: we will score more than them if we play to our strenghts and not let them dictate the pace of the game.

2-4 to us!

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 46
Rick12
March 21, 2012, 2:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Brabout now

Mate you will overun our midfield.
I think we will have a harder job than you make out if Keith Keane is on form.Rate him as a player

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 46
Brabout now
March 21, 2012, 3:03pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
I think we will have a harder job than you make out if Keith Keane is on form.Rate him as a player

Mate he had a good game on saturday but apart from that his form has been awful. He is not the player he once was. He doesn't have the legs anymore and him and Lawless partnership in the centre can be punctured at will. Honestly after you get the first the atmosphere will be horrible and the players will just crumble. You will be shocked how bad we are mate, we seemed fairly organised at your place and got a well worked goal from Wright. He seemed like a decent big man. We got rid of him and bought Craig McAlister who is just wretched on every level. A big man who wins nothing in the air and hasn't scored for us yet and never scored at all for Newport. Why we got him is anyone's guess.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 46
Maringer
March 21, 2012, 3:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
Tommy Wright, erm, 'starred' for us the season we were relegated. He managed one goal in 14 games during this spell and, to tell the truth, we were all very embarrassed when he managed to score against us earlier this season.

If you thought he was a decent striker, perhaps you are really are weaker than we thought!

McAllister was useful for Crawley last season though that was perhaps down to their dominance throughout the rest of the team.

Our back four is now much better compared to the one which played when you beat us earlier in the season. Hope that doesn't put the mockers on us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 46
oldun
March 21, 2012, 3:45pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Sounds obvious but we need to go there in a postive frame of mind, take the game to Luton, try to get the first goal and unsettle the opposition and the crowd. Then try to build on that with our quck one touch football going forward. Keep things tight and organised at the back, try not to make daft mistakes, or give away silly free kicks in our third, (certainly not gift a  penalty). Luton will no doubt have a spell of pressure at some stage in the game so we need to close them down all over the pitch, also need Miller to do a good organising job at the back. Finally a bit more luck in front of goal, as we have always been creating chances, and 3 points are ours. Sounds simple eh? but then footy is a simple game, score more than the opposition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 46
arryarryarry
March 21, 2012, 4:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,052
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Brabout now

Mate he had a good game on saturday but apart from that his form has been awful. He is not the player he once was. He doesn't have the legs anymore and him and Lawless partnership in the centre can be punctured at will. Honestly after you get the first the atmosphere will be horrible and the players will just crumble. You will be shocked how bad we are mate, we seemed fairly organised at your place and got a well worked goal from Wright. He seemed like a decent big man. We got rid of him and bought Craig McAlister who is just wretched on every level. A big man who wins nothing in the air and hasn't scored for us yet and never scored at all for Newport. Why we got him is anyone's guess.

So where is the best place to park, looking on street view it would appear that some of the nearer streets are resident only.

Cheers,
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 46
nightrider
March 21, 2012, 4:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Midfield and pace arent our strong points so you might be in with a chance! Besides, youve been around the top 3 all season so you cant be that bad. Ive never really rated Danny Crow so that means he'll score at least 2.The pressure is on Luton so hopefully that will play to our advantage and we'll grab a win. Should be a good game!

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 46
Dan
March 21, 2012, 4:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Head to the M4, then take the M25, then the M1

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 46
80sglory
March 21, 2012, 4:54pm
Guest User
Lol, looks like Brabins mate come on here for some reverse psychology ?  
Always a sign of desperation to get the first jab in....  

Quoted from Brabout now
Our position in the league flatters us, we have been poor all season. Points dropped against Telford, Bath, Ebbsfleet, etc.

If you've dropped points you should be higher !  

Quoted from Brabout now
I doubt will make the playoffs.

Lol, pull the other one mate !    
Don't worry we won't underestimate your capabilities, you're not 4th + games in hand for no reason !  

Quoted from Brabout now
If you play with good passing and pace you will tear us to shreds.

If you're defend in numbers in your own half we might not.

I suppose you're struggling for chances and there's enormous pressure on you to keep trying to put that right.

But I wouldn't be hugely suprised if you're desperate not to lose.
So for all your talk of our "counter-attacks", it might not be such a big factor if you go safety first.
Personally I've heard Brabin's pretty defensive - not sure if it's true but judging by your victory at BP earlier this season (well done we know you've got the edge on us), I wouldn't be too suprised.

Then again isn't it no win in 5 ?
Your managers gonna be under some pressure to win and put it right asap before the crisis gets any worse ! (or he gets the boot)

tbh I just hope Brabin doesn't end up struggling to know what to do.
Go defensive, pussyfoot around and take the stick or attack, open up the game and give us a helping hand.
Anyway, your choice

Quoted from Brabout now
Honestly after you get the first the atmosphere will be horrible and the players will just crumble.

Might not be a bed of roses for you before either.

You're the one's in mini-turmoil, struggling to create chances, unhappy and desperate to bounce back (though honestly I'd fully expect you to).
But I reckon you'll have more than your fair share of pressure when that whistle blows for kick off.

In reality the pressure is off us, we've got absolutely nothing to lose.  
We don't necessarily need to score in the 1st minute either, the goals can come anytime as far as I'm concerned.  

But don't worry, we'll have one eye on you hitting us early for that "much needed confidence booster".
But just in case you manage an early goal please remember WE ARE TOWN = we don't give up easily ! (and sure you don't either  )

Quoted from jimgtfc

Very possibly but careful !

They might be looking to defend in numbers and hit US on the counter themselves. (though tbf I don't know how effective they are at that)

Guess we might rip into them straight off like we do but controlled agression might worth considering too.  
If they do keep things tight our set pieces need to improve though cos they're not quite dangerous enough at the moment.

Got to be cleverer as a team too...

Quoted from Maringer
Our midfield is the weakest area of our team and we do lack pace throughout the team so you may have more of a chance than you think.

Think he knows more than he lets on....  

Anyway, for all the banter and pre-match pyschology it's 2 great old English clubs doing battle in what could be a cracker.

Best of British to you and Luton FC Brabinout (+ sincere respect) and may the best team on the day win.
Hope you're looking forward to it as much as we are.
Just remember whatever happens at least you've got points in the bag (which is more than we have)

PS Hope you don't panic.  
Reply: 30 - 46
psgmariner
March 21, 2012, 6:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from 1600

Go defensive, pussyfoot around and take the stick or attack, open up the game and give us a helping hand.
Anyway, your choice

You're the one's in mini-turmoil, struggling to create chances, unhappy and desperate to bounce back (though honestly I'd fully expect you to).
But I reckon you'll have more than your fair share of pressure when that whistle blows for kick off.  

Think you have missed his point. He is saying it will be a horrible atmosphere for Luton.

Private Message
Reply: 31 - 46
80sglory
March 21, 2012, 6:42pm
Guest User
Not sure I have ?

He's saying it will be a horrible atmosphere for Luton once we get the first goal.
I'm saying it's not necessarily gonna be a bowl of cherries for them at 0-0 either !
Reply: 32 - 46
Rick12
March 21, 2012, 6:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 1600
Not sure I have ?

He's saying it will be a horrible atmosphere for Luton once we get the first goal.
I'm saying it's not necessarily gonna be a bowl of cherries for them at 0-0 either !
despite what some may think I still feel we are the slight underdogs Iam going for a draw or a win for them 2-1

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 46
80sglory
March 21, 2012, 6:48pm
Guest User
Think I see the source of confusion !  

When I said "Might not be a bed of roses for you before either." you thought I meant "for you either"(i.e. it won't be for US too) ?

When really I meant, "Might not be a bed of roses before the first goal either"

Am I right ?
Reply: 34 - 46
Rick12
March 21, 2012, 6:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 1600
Think I see the source of confusion !  

When I said "Might not be a bed of roses for you before either." you thought I meant "for you either"(i.e. it won't be for US too) ?

When really I meant, "Might not be a bed of roses before the first goal either"

Am I right ?
hey?

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 46
Ipswin
March 21, 2012, 6:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Very discreetly, preferably with a fake full beard and no 'Help for Heroes' wristbands on show or better still a hijab

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 46
80sglory
March 21, 2012, 6:53pm
Guest User
intercourse it, I'm bumping my post, he needs to see it. (with the correction to avoid any confusion)
Reply: 37 - 46
80sglory
March 21, 2012, 6:55pm
Guest User

Quoted from Brabout now
Our position in the league flatters us, we have been poor all season. Points dropped against Telford, Bath, Ebbsfleet, etc.

Quoted from Brabout now
I doubt will make the playoffs.

Don't worry we won't underestimate your capabilities, you're not 4th + games in hand for no reason !  

Quoted from Brabout now
If you play with good passing and pace you will tear us to shreds.

I suppose you're struggling for chances and there's enormous pressure on you to keep trying to put that right.

So for all your talk of our "counter-attacks", it might not be such a big factor if you go safety first.
Personally I've heard Brabin's pretty defensive - not sure if it's true but judging by your victory at BP earlier this season (well done we know you've got the edge on us), I wouldn't be too suprised.

Your managers gonna be under some pressure to win and put it right asap before the crisis gets any worse ! (or he gets the boot)

Anyway, your choice

Quoted from Brabout now
Honestly after you get the first the atmosphere will be horrible and the players will just crumble.

Might not be a bed of roses for you at 0-0 either.

We don't necessarily need to score in the 1st minute either, the goals can come anytime as far as I'm concerned.  

But don't worry, we'll have one eye on you hitting us early for that "much needed confidence booster".
But just in case you manage an early goal please remember WE ARE TOWN = we don't give up easily ! (and sure you don't either  )

Quoted from jimgtfc

They might be looking to defend in numbers and hit US on the counter themselves. (though tbf I don't know how effective they are at that)

Guess we might rip into them straight off like we do but controlled agression might worth considering too.  
If they do keep things tight our set pieces need to improve though cos they're not quite dangerous enough at the moment.

Quoted from Maringer

Anyway, for all the banter and pre-match pyschology it's 2 great old English clubs doing battle in what could be a cracker.

Best of British to you and Luton FC Brabinout (+ sincere respect) and may the best team on the day win.
Just remember whatever happens at least you've got points in the bag (which is more than we have)

PS Hope you don't panic.  
Reply: 38 - 46
Rick12
March 21, 2012, 6:59pm
Vodka Drinker
80s you love a analysis don't you  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 46
80sglory
March 21, 2012, 7:12pm
Guest User
Indeed I do.
But in this case it's no more than countering Luton's reverse psychology.
As a Town fan it's my duty to tell him the truth and put forward why they're in trouble and why we're gonna win.  
Reply: 40 - 46
Brabout now
March 21, 2012, 7:33pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from 1600

Anyway, your choice

PS Hope you don't panic.  

Best of Luck to Grimsby on Saturday mate but I'm being 100 percent truthful! The games we have won comfortably, say Gateshead and Southport papered over the cracks. I think the reason for our position in third was the bad start of other playoff rivals but York, Mansfield and Grimsby have been on great runs as of late, Southport are still up there, even Gateshead and Kiddy are not out of it! If Brabin stays much longer all hope may be extinguished.

I'm not sure about Grimsby's run in but Luton's is tough. The next three games I predit we lose (Grimsby and York home and Gateshead away) unless something drastic is done. If we have to get something on the last day at Fleetwood may the Gods help us! I have to say if we do reach the playoffs I hope York aren't there as we never seem to beat them. You need to take their playoff place!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
80sglory
March 21, 2012, 8:15pm
Guest User
Thanks a lot mate, we appreciate it.

Obviously we can't wish you victory on Sat, but as I said, the sincere best of luck to you too. (if you want it or are you desperate for Brabin out ? )

Hey remember, you can always cheer for us !    

Don't think we'll take York honestly mate.
Obviously we'll try but I've done the predictions, I'm afraid you're in the crosshairs sorry !

Won't say you haven't got any chance of a result Saturday (or playoffs/promotion) - I would be completely mad to say that.
We'll go there with 100% respect for you, no doubt about that !

All the best.
Reply: 42 - 46
AdamHaddock
March 22, 2012, 12:32am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,842
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Ipswin
Very discreetly, preferably with a fake full beard and no 'Help for Heroes' wristbands on show or better still a hijab

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
blackcountryexile
March 22, 2012, 6:23pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
with a sledgehammer!!!!! come on town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
aaron rattray
March 22, 2012, 7:15pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
if my knowledge is correct. the dugouts are oppisite the tunnell. even the name kenilworth road makes me shudder

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 46
newfootballer
March 22, 2012, 9:13pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Quoted from psgmariner

Will Brabin definitely still be manager on Saturday?

What we do not want is for sure the Luton Manager being replaced before Saturday.

The reason being teams seem to improve for a spell when the Manager gets sacked.

I feel that we can turn Luton over on Saturday which will be a great result for Town to once again put pressure on certain clubs for the run in towards the end of the season.
NEWFOOTBALLER
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How would you approach Luton?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.