Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How would you approach Luton?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 74 Guests

How would you approach Luton?

This thread currently has 4,063 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
ticker_1610
March 21, 2012, 11:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Would love us to win with a goal that didn't cross the line that would be ironic as they seem to have done us twice at their place with dodgy goals!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 46
Rick12
March 21, 2012, 11:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Mariners_15
A month or so ago, it would have been one of those games where I'd have definitely taken a point but with their current form surely we have to go for all 3?

Defensive approach breaking on them or go at them from the first whistle with their confidence at an all time low?
their still in the play offs and will be aiming to cement a spot there.As a club theyll be itching to get back into the league(even more so as arguably their a bigger club than ours).Go at them but take a balanced approach eg not to much attack and not to defensive .Its going to be a tough game for them and us but the one who comes out on top chances are will be the group who wants it more

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 46
March 21, 2012, 11:17am
Guest User
Straight in then straight back out the dump would be my approach, let's be honest gy is a dump but Luton makes Grimsby look like some high class resort on the French Rivera.
Luton definetley one of the ugliest places in uk along with Bradford burnly, blackburn, horrible smelly shitholes.
Reply: 12 - 46
Brabout now
March 21, 2012, 12:20pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Lads your team just has to turn up and you will easily deal with us on saturday. We will go the predicatble route of playing one midget up front on his own, either the one who can't finish or the pie master general. If you play with good passing and pace you will tear us to shreds. If you have Hearn fit I'm sure he will grab at least a brace. After the match if you could take Brabin and Carden back north and dump them in the Humber it would be really appreciated
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 46
psgmariner
March 21, 2012, 12:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Brabout now
Lads your team just has to turn up and you will easily deal with us on saturday. We will go the predicatble route of playing one midget up front on his own, either the one who can't finish or the pie master general. If you play with good passing and pace you will tear us to shreds. If you have Hearn fit I'm sure he will grab at least a brace. After the match if you could take Brabin and Carden back north and dump them in the Humber it would be really appreciated

Will Brabin definitely still be manager on Saturday?

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 46
hertfordshire mariner
March 21, 2012, 12:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +34
we have to go at this all guns blazing from the word go.

"Form a string quartet, and pretend your name is Keith"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 46
Brabout now
March 21, 2012, 12:43pm
Coke Drinker
He should do the decent thing and leave and take Carden with him. After last night's debacle he must go but the warning signs have been there for a while mate. Our position in the league flatters us, we have been poor all season. Points dropped against Telford, Bath, Ebbsfleet, etc. I personally felt he should have been kicked out after that Ebbsfleet game. Constantly makes excuses, bemoans ref decisions, poor signings, ignores the youth, has the 'jobs for the boys' mentality and now with little more than a month of the season to go - still doesn't know what his best team is. If he has not gone by saturday and after the envitable lose, I'm predicted 1-3 to your lot, the atmosphere will be poisonous. I doubt will make the playoffs. After Saturday, York (who always deal with us) and Gateshead will be another two sure defeats.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 46
GrimRob
March 21, 2012, 12:46pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,468
Gold Stars: 115
The typical football manager would say something like we'll play our normal game and not worry about the opposition. This season we've been better at scoring than defending so I don't see the point of packing the midfield or changing the normal formation in any way. We have a big squad and  can replace more or less anyone with a like for like.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 46
Brabout now
March 21, 2012, 12:54pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob
The typical football manager would say something like we'll play our normal game and not worry about the opposition. This season we've been better at scoring than defending so I don't see the point of packing the midfield or changing the normal formation in any way. We have a big squad and  can replace more or less anyone with a like for like.

Mate you will overun our midfield. Lawless can't be bothered and will send wayward passes everywhere, Howells has been very poor recently, he won't start with Watkins who is one player who can make things happen, Wilmott is another ex Cambridge reject who I have never rated, has the odd ok game then starts moaning and his head drops and Keane? Too many pints and pies, he has heart but his engine has gone. He will go with either Crow or Fleetwood up front on his own, play long balls from the back that will never them as the guys are 5'9 a piece, your defenders will easily deal with it. Get the first goal and the fans will slowly get more irritated and then you will be hitting us on the counter all afternoon. Its a certainty with this clown in charge of us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 46
Maringer
March 21, 2012, 1:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,699
Gold Stars: 189
Our midfield is the weakest area of our team and we do lack pace throughout the team so you may have more of a chance than you think.

Hopefully not, however!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How would you approach Luton?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.