FishOutOfWater
March 21, 2012, 12:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from BIGChris
Thought we were totally in control until a very edgy last 5 mins or so. We did enough and although we had lots of efforts in the first half we seemed to want to hit everything as hard as they could when a bit better composure could have resulted in more goals.

I thought it was Elding who headed against a post when it was easier to score and the foul given against Duffy when Elding did score looked a bit dubious.

As mentioned Disley had an excellent game as did the back four whilst their number 3's inability to take a legal throw in, pass the ball or show much interest in game made for some extra entertainment.

How H&Y can survive on their gates/income is astonishing yet they could still finish above Lincoln!!!

They've got to play each other home and away so if H&Y can win both of those games there's every chance the Gimps will finish lower

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 40 - 46
Maringer
March 21, 2012, 1:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,756
Gold Stars: 189
Yeah, you're right - the old Hayes ground has been sold for housing. I knew it had been sold but couldn't remember whether it was a supermarket or housing!

A bloke who we know through work is a big Sutton United fan and he tells us that H&Y are apparently paying ridiculous salaries in relation to their income. Rather than keeping the money for a rainy day or improving their new ground (when they eventually move in), they have spent a small fortune on wages. It's safe to say, he's not overly impressed by their nous!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
York Mariner
March 21, 2012, 11:03pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from Maringer
Yeah, you're right - the old Hayes ground has been sold for housing. I knew it had been sold but couldn't remember whether it was a supermarket or housing!

A bloke who we know through work is a big Sutton United fan and he tells us that H&Y are apparently paying ridiculous salaries in relation to their income. Rather than keeping the money for a rainy day or improving their new ground (when they eventually move in), they have spent a small fortune on wages. It's safe to say, he's not overly impressed by their nous!

Are there no rules regarding wages v gate receipts / income in this league, mind you Crawley & Fleetwood could answer my question I guess !

I agree with Big Chris & Les about the H&Y No3, he is the worst player I have ever seen on a pitch, even worse than the Darlo No3, Aaron Brown, last season in the game at Darlo. To say Elding put him off his game is very funny,he didn't need any help to put him off, the time when he was kicking his boots on the post completely unaware the corner had been taken was great & when the ball had gone out of the ground & he kicked the replacment into the stand! He was great entertainment, just pleased they never took him off.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
rancido
March 22, 2012, 4:47pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,683
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from wycombemariner

He wasn't as bad as jamie Clarke no.  He just had a real bee in his bonnett about Elding leaning against the post!, and that got the town fans on his back.

I don't know if he is the same one but a Jamie Clarke recently joined Whitby Town in the Evo-Stick NPL  Premier League and scored twice at the w/end. Maybe he has found his true level if it is the same guy we used to have ! It's hard to imagine that Alan Buckley signed him and thought he could do a job at FL League 2 level.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
psgmariner
March 22, 2012, 4:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.68
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Maringer

Ground share agreement has been extended. Will be interesting if they stay up as Woking will almost certainly be in the Conference next season.

http://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article/3329/hayes-and-yeading-groundshare/

Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
FishOutOfWater
March 22, 2012, 5:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,590
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from rancido

I don't know if he is the same one but a Jamie Clarke recently joined Whitby Town in the Evo-Stick NPL  Premier League and scored twice at the w/end. Maybe he has found his true level if it is the same guy we used to have ! It's hard to imagine that Alan Buckley signed him and thought he could do a job at FL League 2 level.

Especially as Macca's replacement!

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 45 - 46
looneytunes
March 22, 2012, 7:50pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +5
Quoted from Maringer

Dont know how a sutton fan knows our wages.We were informed that the salary for the season is between 50 and 60k the equivalent of ryman league.If hayes salaries were so high why did our manager and players leave to drop down a level,being turned down by a chalfont st.peters player(evostick central) and were snapping up the cream of the hellenic and spartan league.
and yes view to a kill is crap
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.