Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can it get any more obvious?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 126 Guests

Can it get any more obvious?

This thread currently has 6,765 views. Print
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
roundballovalhole
March 17, 2012, 5:15pm
Guest User
Years of failure, a brief spell of tremendous progress and now slipping towards mid-table mediocrity.

What is the factor that interrupted years of frustrating abject failure?

My answer would be John Fenty not being chairman, the power living 'outside of the boardroom', whatever you call it. . . it's stark!

Before you tell me that I am just jumping on any reason to have a pop at John. . . You can't tell me that the events of this week haven't impacted us on the pitch today. . . .we didn't train on Thursday ffs.

Please put the club up for sale John and please be prepared to negotiate on your 'loans'. . . you owe it to the Club and the supporters.

pontoonlew
March 17, 2012, 5:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,119
Gold Stars: 182
intercourse off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 98
roundballovalhole
March 17, 2012, 5:20pm
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew
intercourse off.

I agree. . . . That is precisely what I am suggesting he does!
Reply: 2 - 98
pontoonlew
March 17, 2012, 5:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Your an idiot mate I'm sorry to say, we draw with a side who park the bus and your reaction is that Fenty sells the club? It's hilarious watching the divvy brigade come out the woodwork after a slight dip! It's been a stunning turn around and you weren't complaining then was you! Bore off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 98
mariner91
March 17, 2012, 5:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,893
Gold Stars: 264
I don't usually get on the back of Fenty and I appreciate the fact he puts a lot of money forward. But I am starting to wonder if he pissed off some gypsies at some point or broke a mirror.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 98
pontoonlew
March 17, 2012, 5:32pm
Vodka Drinker
No Mariner91 let's get rid of him mate! Because roundballovalhole knows a way of plugging a £1 million gap, we're going to plant some flipping magic beans on people's park and grow a money tree! If we can't beat every side in the league from November til May then Fenty may aswell hop it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 98
lowerfindus
March 17, 2012, 5:32pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Be honest it does feel a little like familiar that when ever Mr fenty is around things start to go wrong. Maybe its time for a change at the club, no matter how much John supports us financially it may well be best if someone else, another person, whatever, is the figure head and spokesperson for the club. Its even better if that person can carry the financial burden but how long does one person get before you accept that they cannot change the fortunes of a club???

Mangers get about 8 months, chairmen normally a few years but we are taking about a decade of failure in the boardroom and on the pitch.

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 98
roundballovalhole
March 17, 2012, 5:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew
Your an idiot mate I'm sorry to say, we draw with a side who park the bus and your reaction is that Fenty sells the club? It's hilarious watching the divvy brigade come out the woodwork after a slight dip! It's been a stunning turn around and you weren't complaining then was you! Bore off.

No, of course I wasn't complaining. . . that's what supporting a club is about and that is why I am complaining now!. . . . Your failure to engage with any of the points I made and then unintelligently calling me an idiot or a 'divvy' says it all!  In what way have I been in the woodwork. . . i posted on here all day!
Reply: 7 - 98
mariner91
March 17, 2012, 5:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,893
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from pontoonlew
No Mariner91 let's get rid of him mate! Because roundballovalhole knows a way of plugging a £1 million gap, we're going to plant some flipping magic beans on people's park and grow a money tree! If we can't beat every side in the league from November til May then Fenty may aswell hop it!

I'm not suggesting we get rid cause God knows we need the money. But I do think he's a jynx who unfortunately is the only option.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 98
Marinerstoo
March 17, 2012, 5:34pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
roundballovalhole you talk utter bollards. We lost because we could not get get their two larger defenders, or was it Fenty's fault that they have big defenders?

Loser
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 98
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can it get any more obvious?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.