Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can it get any more obvious?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 69 Guests

Can it get any more obvious?

This thread currently has 6,745 views. Print
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
roundballovalhole
March 17, 2012, 5:15pm
Guest User
Years of failure, a brief spell of tremendous progress and now slipping towards mid-table mediocrity.

What is the factor that interrupted years of frustrating abject failure?

My answer would be John Fenty not being chairman, the power living 'outside of the boardroom', whatever you call it. . . it's stark!

Before you tell me that I am just jumping on any reason to have a pop at John. . . You can't tell me that the events of this week haven't impacted us on the pitch today. . . .we didn't train on Thursday ffs.

Please put the club up for sale John and please be prepared to negotiate on your 'loans'. . . you owe it to the Club and the supporters.

pontoonlew
March 17, 2012, 5:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
intercourse off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 98
roundballovalhole
March 17, 2012, 5:20pm
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew
intercourse off.

I agree. . . . That is precisely what I am suggesting he does!
Reply: 2 - 98
pontoonlew
March 17, 2012, 5:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Your an idiot mate I'm sorry to say, we draw with a side who park the bus and your reaction is that Fenty sells the club? It's hilarious watching the divvy brigade come out the woodwork after a slight dip! It's been a stunning turn around and you weren't complaining then was you! Bore off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 98
mariner91
March 17, 2012, 5:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,827
Gold Stars: 264
I don't usually get on the back of Fenty and I appreciate the fact he puts a lot of money forward. But I am starting to wonder if he pissed off some gypsies at some point or broke a mirror.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 98
pontoonlew
March 17, 2012, 5:32pm
Vodka Drinker
No Mariner91 let's get rid of him mate! Because roundballovalhole knows a way of plugging a £1 million gap, we're going to plant some flipping magic beans on people's park and grow a money tree! If we can't beat every side in the league from November til May then Fenty may aswell hop it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 98
lowerfindus
March 17, 2012, 5:32pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Be honest it does feel a little like familiar that when ever Mr fenty is around things start to go wrong. Maybe its time for a change at the club, no matter how much John supports us financially it may well be best if someone else, another person, whatever, is the figure head and spokesperson for the club. Its even better if that person can carry the financial burden but how long does one person get before you accept that they cannot change the fortunes of a club???

Mangers get about 8 months, chairmen normally a few years but we are taking about a decade of failure in the boardroom and on the pitch.

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 98
roundballovalhole
March 17, 2012, 5:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew
Your an idiot mate I'm sorry to say, we draw with a side who park the bus and your reaction is that Fenty sells the club? It's hilarious watching the divvy brigade come out the woodwork after a slight dip! It's been a stunning turn around and you weren't complaining then was you! Bore off.

No, of course I wasn't complaining. . . that's what supporting a club is about and that is why I am complaining now!. . . . Your failure to engage with any of the points I made and then unintelligently calling me an idiot or a 'divvy' says it all!  In what way have I been in the woodwork. . . i posted on here all day!
Reply: 7 - 98
mariner91
March 17, 2012, 5:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,827
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from pontoonlew
No Mariner91 let's get rid of him mate! Because roundballovalhole knows a way of plugging a £1 million gap, we're going to plant some flipping magic beans on people's park and grow a money tree! If we can't beat every side in the league from November til May then Fenty may aswell hop it!

I'm not suggesting we get rid cause God knows we need the money. But I do think he's a jynx who unfortunately is the only option.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 98
Marinerstoo
March 17, 2012, 5:34pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
roundballovalhole you talk utter bollards. We lost because we could not get get their two larger defenders, or was it Fenty's fault that they have big defenders?

Loser
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 98
roundballovalhole
March 17, 2012, 5:35pm
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew

That would be the £1 million pound deficit that John has decided upon in his budget then???
Reply: 10 - 98
roundballovalhole
March 17, 2012, 5:37pm
Guest User
Quoted from Marinerstoo
roundballovalhole you talk utter bollards. We lost because we could not get get their two larger defenders, or was it Fenty's fault that they have big defenders?

Loser

Oh no, you are right, it was because we couldn't get-get their two larger defenders!
Reply: 11 - 98
voice of reason
March 17, 2012, 5:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from Marinerstoo

Loser

Actually we didn't lose because we couldn't get get their two larger defenders, we drew because we lacked any real creativity...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 98
pontoonlew
March 17, 2012, 5:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 1054

That would be the £1 million pound deficit that John has decided upon in his budget then???

Everybody works at a loss ffs. Please, if your going to spout this shite at least give a solution. I've NEVER EVER seen a Fenty out post that suggests a solution. You can't parade about crying over Fenty then go silent when you realise your talking absolute excrement. So tell me, what's the solution. I understand any win is nothing to do with Fenty and any loss is his fault, that makes perfect sense! But if Fenty goes in your perfect world and we go on a 50 game unbeaten run because there's no longer a gypsy curse, who pays for it? Of course it's only our club that runs at a loss so it can't be that hard to run at a profit, can it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 98
ticker_1610
March 17, 2012, 5:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
After reading your drivel I've decided your a total Ccccunnt!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 98
roundballovalhole
March 17, 2012, 5:49pm
Guest User
Quoted from ticker_1610

Ya thick (unt. . . . that's not how you spell Coconut!
Reply: 15 - 98
hook line and sinker
March 17, 2012, 5:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
fair play to the bloke for the time and money he has put into the club but it is awfully strange that since he seems to have got the majority power back and in the hot seat a change in results have occured.please feck off we need a fresh start imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 98
roundballovalhole
March 17, 2012, 5:58pm
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew

Everybody works at a loss ffs. Please, if your going to spout this shite at least give a solution. I've NEVER EVER seen a Fenty out post that suggests a solution. You can't parade about crying over Fenty then go silent when you realise your talking absolute excrement. So tell me, what's the solution. I understand any win is nothing to do with Fenty and any loss is his fault, that makes perfect sense! But if Fenty goes in your perfect world and we go on a 50 game unbeaten run because there's no longer a gypsy curse, who pays for it? Of course it's only our club that runs at a loss so it can't be that hard to run at a profit, can it?

There is a correlation between success on the pitch and power being inside the (Fenty) boardroom.

No one on here will ever be able to give you the solution to the 'Who will fund GTFC should Fenty leave' conundrum. . . . . That is because the solution is in one man's hands. . . .  JF!  Until he is prepared to negotiate on the debts incurred under his tenure (to himself), the club will not attract any interest from Mike Parker or any other potential investor!
Reply: 17 - 98
Marinerz93
March 17, 2012, 11:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.55
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I don't think there is any need for this thread at all, we drew because Tamworth worked very hard and we failed to bag our chances, another day a different score.  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 98
TWAreaTownSupporter
March 18, 2012, 12:35am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +1
Quoted from pontoonlew

The solution is Fenty out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 98
aldi_01
March 18, 2012, 9:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Interesting that I heard at least 3 people say this yesterday though and he is still the common factor in our demise...

Not a dig but merely an observation. Solutions can't be offered because in reality the only real solution would be for some very wealthy business man to come in and buy the club, that said, we already have one of those and he's flipping useless in all honesty so what makes us think another would be any better???

In order for teams to run well and not lose money at a rate of knots thru need to start operating at a sensible level and cut their cloth accordingly, that's fine but I'd give it less than 6 months before every fan was moaning about how crap the players are etc... A tiny percentage have cut their cloth accordingly and had some sort of success.

I didn't see Pompey fans moaning when they were queuing for cup final tickets yet now they are constantly moaning about the board who have definitely got cut it accordingly yet they still moan about the team etc... Fans must take some responsibility surely, even if only a small amount? If fenty turned round tomorrow and said 'right we don't pay more than £4-500 quid a week and our budget is gonna be 500k for the year' people would claim it was shortsighted, outrageous and the likes. Fact is that would still stretch us to limits.

Money has killed the game at all levels, even right at the top and just like society, those few making the money will continue to do so whilst the rest of us continue to lose it...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 98
Meza
March 18, 2012, 9:40am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,650
Gold Stars: 50
I'm absolutely amazed by this thread when we was on our unbeaten there wasn't one bad word for JF, personally I blame having to change the team everytime we played an FA tropthy game although some came in and took their chance it's not good trying to interrupt a settle side, then injuries it all mounted so this is what I think why we have stuttered.  Then there is the introduction of new players not being fully fit etc.  I do not blame JF one bit I applaud him for getting S&H however next session we be our season.  If only we had a better start it might be different.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 98
Harlem mariner
March 18, 2012, 9:41am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Pompey fans have had some great times in the last decade all weve had is relegations
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 98
roundballovalhole
March 18, 2012, 10:03am
Guest User
Quoted from Meza
I'm absolutely amazed by this thread when we was on our unbeaten there wasn't one bad word for JF, personally I blame having to change the team everytime we played an FA tropthy game although some came in and took their chance it's not good trying to interrupt a settle side, then injuries it all mounted so this is what I think why we have stuttered.  Then there is the introduction of new players not being fully fit etc.  I do not blame JF one bit I applaud him for getting S&H however next session we be our season.  If only we had a better start it might be different.

I am constantly amazed at the number of people who point to fans not complaining when things were going right. . . . as if this proves something beyond the bleeding obvious!  Football fans moan when their team are doing sh1t, and don't when they are not!!!

The impact of the recent court case (and the build up to it over the last couple of weeks) has coincided with us plummeting from being the number 1 form team in the division to being close to the bottom.  This is just one example of Fenty's operation which has negatively impacted the club.

There are no differences between the skill levels of the players from two months ago to now, we wouldn't be getting wins at Southport or Cambridge right now would we?  The change has to be a psychological one.  We lacked invention by all accounts yesterday and what is holding the players back from being the creative confident force that we were previously?  The feeling around the club has deflated and we are back to getting held on our own turf by mediocre teams, ones that we should be putting to bed and we would be if we were feeling more confident.

Folk on here have said that missing a day of training on Thursday won't have impacted on the pitch on Saturday. . . I would say they are wrong, the impact must be great, managers not focussed, players missing training.  This is just one example of the way that Fenty can disrupt the team on the pitch.  The wranglings over the shares has divided the fans and soured or at least quietened the atmosphere at BP of late.

The solution is simple, Fenty needs to be prepared to discuss the sale of the club.  To do this, he needs to negotiate the loans (and I am sorry John but the honourable thing to do would be to wipe some of them out)

Parker was hardly half-baked in his support of the club, he chucked in a million and stood shoulder to shoulder with JF.  JF then used the 'shoulder to shoulder' money that he had agreed to further negotiate the shares with the trust. . . hard-balled them and got what he wanted for no further investment.

It is clear that the cash flow in the last season and the next one are going to be improved significantly by the sales of Bennet and the inevitable summer sale of Hearn.  This basically means that John gets another 18 months of ruining our football club for next to no money.  

I want him to put his cards on the table, be honest about the investment that he intends to put in (and how much of this is projected to be coming from the sale of Hearn) and for him to work in conjunction with the Trust in developing a long term startegy for the survival of GTFC, not just for his own personal benefit.

Reply: 23 - 98
March 18, 2012, 10:24am
Guest User
At the start of the season most posters would be happy with a 10th spot.
We had a great run and for the first time in 10 years we got given hope and a feel good factor.
Anyone with any football knowledge knows we are progressing under these two.
realism check required.
Historically i wonder how many teams did achieve instant success?
We have passion , players who are giving it their all.
After the worse possible start to the season we had a great run and with all these runs it came to an end and now in a mini slump If the Lord Almighty Buckley had a few of these.
Nothing is over until mathematically it is not possible. As someone else posted this run has not cost us play offs , more than likely it was the start of the season.
UTM.
Reply: 24 - 98
Meza
March 18, 2012, 11:30am

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 1054

I am constantly amazed at the number of people who point to fans not complaining when things were going right. . . . as if this proves something beyond the bleeding obvious!  Football fans moan when their team are doing sh1t, and don't when they are not!!!

The impact of the recent court case (and the build up to it over the last couple of weeks) has coincided with us plummeting from being the number 1 form team in the division to being close to the bottom.  This is just one example of Fenty's operation which has negatively impacted the club.

There are no differences between the skill levels of the players from two months ago to now, we wouldn't be getting wins at Southport or Cambridge right now would we?  The change has to be a psychological one.  We lacked invention by all accounts yesterday and what is holding the players back from being the creative confident force that we were previously?  The feeling around the club has deflated and we are back to getting held on our own turf by mediocre teams, ones that we should be putting to bed and we would be if we were feeling more confident.

Folk on here have said that missing a day of training on Thursday won't have impacted on the pitch on Saturday. . . I would say they are wrong, the impact must be great, managers not focussed, players missing training.  This is just one example of the way that Fenty can disrupt the team on the pitch.  The wranglings over the shares has divided the fans and soured or at least quietened the atmosphere at BP of late.

The solution is simple, Fenty needs to be prepared to discuss the sale of the club.  To do this, he needs to negotiate the loans (and I am sorry John but the honourable thing to do would be to wipe some of them out)

Parker was hardly half-baked in his support of the club, he chucked in a million and stood shoulder to shoulder with JF.  JF then used the 'shoulder to shoulder' money that he had agreed to further negotiate the shares with the trust. . . hard-balled them and got what he wanted for no further investment.

It is clear that the cash flow in the last season and the next one are going to be improved significantly by the sales of Bennet and the inevitable summer sale of Hearn.  This basically means that John gets another 18 months of ruining our football club for next to no money.  

I want him to put his cards on the table, be honest about the investment that he intends to put in (and how much of this is projected to be coming from the sale of Hearn) and for him to work in conjunction with the Trust in developing a long term startegy for the survival of GTFC, not just for his own personal benefit.

Well it sounds to me pal that you need to support a different team.  30K is nothing I knew an agent was involved, however the timing wasn't great but I can't see how this had anything to do with what goes on, on the pitch and it's also obvious you don't either.  

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 98
rancido
March 18, 2012, 12:18pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,667
Gold Stars: 102
As soon as I saw who started this thread I knew what his opening post would be about and I wasn't disappointed. I have yet to see ANY contribution on this board by roundballovalhole about football , tactics, players or anything else football related as regards GTFC. Just a constant drip,drip drip of assaults on JF. It almost seems that he has some hidden agenda about JF that is nothing to do with GTFC but uses this board as a means to air his hatred for the guy.
My love for this club goes deeper than who the current chairman is - chairmen come and go but we only have the one club. Maybe JF's tenure will ultimately result in the demise of our club , I don't know. But what I do know is that nothing I can do will alter that. All I can do is keep watching the team and doing my bit to help the club with my financial contribution and hope that the situation gets better.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 98
Meza
March 18, 2012, 12:25pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from rancido
As soon as I saw who started this thread I knew what his opening post would be about and I wasn't disappointed. I have yet to see ANY contribution on this board by roundballovalhole about football , tactics, players or anything else football related as regards GTFC. Just a constant drip,drip drip of assaults on JF. It almost seems that he has some hidden agenda about JF that is nothing to do with GTFC but uses this board as a means to air his hatred for the guy.
My love for this club goes deeper than who the current chairman is - chairmen come and go but we only have the one club. Maybe JF's tenure will ultimately result in the demise of our club , I don't know. But what I do know is that nothing I can do will alter that. All I can do is keep watching the team and doing my bit to help the club with my financial contribution and hope that the situation gets better.

I have to agree mate, He definately has some form of hatred to JF for some reason, yeah ok he's made some bad decisions haven't we all.  What I don't like is not the fact that some debate constructively but his posts are like a personal attack which there is no need we all wear the same shirt do we not.  

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 98
roundballovalhole
March 18, 2012, 12:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from rancido
It almost seems that he has some hidden agenda about JF that is nothing to do with GTFC .

I have no interest in Frozen Fish or local Tory party politics.

My 'agenda', as you rather grandiosely call it, is not hidden, it is aimed at John Fenty, the person who I feel is responsible for the impending death of GTFC, the club I have watched and loved since I went to my first match in 1978.

Maybe I am wrong about where the blame lies but the statistics appear to show a very real trend in relation to chairmanship and club performance.

You can attack me for the vehemence or the mis-guidedness of my attack if you wish,  that will be 'water off a duck's back for me'  The people who really p1ss me off on here are the ones who express nothing but indifference, acceptance of the way the club is run and a completely blinkered vision of what is possible at GTFC based  on nothing but the political spin and sharp-business practice of an amateur tory MP/successful fish magnate!  His true colours come out more vividly week by week!

It's only an opinion but it IS my opinion and I very much do care about GTFC! The last few years it feels like I am in  a  relationship with a wife who cheats on me, doesn't bother going to work, spends all my wages and then blames me for it all!!!
Reply: 28 - 98
rancido
March 18, 2012, 12:35pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Meza

I have to agree mate, He definately has some form of hatred to JF for some reason, yeah ok he's made some bad decisions haven't we all.  What I don't like is not the fact that some debate constructively but his posts are like a personal attack which there is no need we all wear the same shirt do we not.  

Yeh. Maybe he got sacked from 5 Star Fish a few year back and believes that was JF's fault and not his own shortcomings - who knows.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 98
roundballovalhole
March 18, 2012, 12:40pm
Guest User
Quoted from rancido

Yeh. Maybe he got sacked from 5 Star Fish a few year back and believes that was JF's fault and not his own shortcomings - who knows.

Advice: Read reply before posting pre-conceived ideas, makes you look a bit predictable
Reply: 30 - 98
MuddyWaters
March 18, 2012, 12:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from rancido

Grow up. Maybe when the club goes belly up and/or Fenty asks for his money back, you might admit that your indifference to his failings was indeed wrong....but somehow I doubt you will.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 98
voice of reason
March 18, 2012, 12:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from rancido

OR maybe he is just a fan of GTFC who believes the blame for our demise should go to the man who has led us throughout... You may believe he isn't to blame and that is fair enough but I and many others believe he is...

Is that really that hard to understand?

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 98
Squarkus
March 18, 2012, 12:53pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from ticker_1610
Is that FENTY or ROUNDBALL

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 98
Squarkus
March 18, 2012, 1:12pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from 1054

There are no differences between the skill levels of the players from two months ago to now, we wouldn't be getting wins at Southport or Cambridge right now would we?  The change has to be a psychological one.  WE LACKED INVENTION BY ALL ACCOUNTS yesterday and what is holding the players back from being the creative confident force that we were previously?  The feeling around the club has deflated and we are back to getting held on our own turf by mediocre teams, ones that we should be putting to bed and we would be if we were feeling more confident.

YOU DON, T GO TO THE GAMES THEN YOU FCUKWIT, HOW CAN YOU HAVE SO MUCH SAY, NO SOLUTIONS AT ALL, GIVE COUNTLESS DRIVELL AND NOT SUPPORT THE VERY THING YOU TALK ABOUT BY TURNING UP ON MATCH DAYS YOU FU---ING FAILURE, IF YOU WANT YOUR JOB BACK IN THE PA BOX WHY DONT YOU ASK FENTY IM SURE HE WILL ACCOMADATE, YOU FAILURE.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 98
dapperz fun pub
March 18, 2012, 1:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from voice of reason

OR maybe he is just a fan of GTFC who believes the blame for our demise should go to the man who has led us throughout... You may believe he isn't to blame and that is fair enough but I and many others believe he is...

Is that really that hard to understand?

good post
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 98
roundballovalhole
March 18, 2012, 2:41pm
Guest User
Quoted from Squarkus
There are no differences between the skill levels of the players from two months ago to now, we wouldn't be getting wins at Southport or Cambridge right now would we?  The change has to be a psychological one.  WE LACKED INVENTION BY ALL ACCOUNTS yesterday and what is holding the players back from being the creative confident force that we were previously?  The feeling around the club has deflated and we are back to getting held on our own turf by mediocre teams, ones that we should be putting to bed and we would be if we were feeling more confident.

YOU DON, T GO TO THE GAMES THEN YOU FCUKWIT, HOW CAN YOU HAVE SO MUCH SAY, NO SOLUTIONS AT ALL, GIVE COUNTLESS DRIVELL AND NOT SUPPORT THE VERY THING YOU TALK ABOUT BY TURNING UP ON MATCH DAYS YOU FU---ING FAILURE, IF YOU WANT YOUR JOB BACK IN THE PA BOX WHY DONT YOU ASK FENTY IM SURE HE WILL ACCOMADATE, YOU FAILURE.

Thanks for the advice John!

It's a bit ironic that you call me a failure considering your record the last ten years. . . . and your inability to quote my post. . . rofl!
Reply: 36 - 98
Harlem mariner
March 18, 2012, 3:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Probably not john more than likely a brother only family could be this loyal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 98
MuddyWaters
March 18, 2012, 3:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Squarkus

What a terribly nice chap, obviously you were losing the rational argument so you resort to irrational insults.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 98
headingly_mariner
March 18, 2012, 4:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,406
Gold Stars: 124
I think we ran out of ideas yesterday and made the wrong changes in the 2nd half so i can't blame Honest John for the result. I do think that the whole share issue bollox with the trust and the ridiculous court case has split the fans and had an effect at a time when we were all starting to pull together and this is typical of the last ten years at the club.

As for an alternative we need to know were honest John stands on his loans, will he write them off if someone is willing to take the club on?

Fenty can surely not keep loaning the club money, if we are not promoted after 14 months then what? We will be further in debt to him and at his mercy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 98
Harlem mariner
March 18, 2012, 4:57pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I think we ran out of ideas yesterday and made the wrong changes in the 2nd half so i can't blame Honest John for the result. I do think that the whole share issue bollox with the trust and the ridiculous court case has split the fans and had an effect at a time when we were all starting to pull together and this is typical of the last ten years at the club.

As for an alternative we need to know were honest John stands on his loans, will he write them off if someone is willing to take the club on?

Fenty can surely not keep loaning the club money, if we are not promoted after 14 months then what? We will be further in debt to him and at his mercy.

He said he doesnt want the loans back unless a rich benefactor comes along and would never jeopardise the club.... If he fuks off think how boring our club would be no more monday morning rants,no more falling out with the media,no more threatening legal action to gtfc messageboards posters, no more offering managers outside,no more refusing to answer questions in court, no more gtfc according to the sheep on here, god save honest john
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 98
80sglory
March 18, 2012, 6:46pm
Guest User

Be careful what you wish for headingly, all this "pull together" talk sounds like the kind of balderdash being used to blame the fans not so long ago ?

Personally I don't think it's down to JF OR the fans.

Looking a bit tired, weren't playing our best, had to grind out wins, Hearn missing vs York.
Then as expected, big difficulty in lifting ourselves to overcome that York disappointment.
Who knows Thurs might have been a factor but plenty of time elsewhere, we haven't beaten any of the big teams, new players still coming in, was it such a huge suprise ?
That said, I'm disappointed we went down with a whimper cos S&H knew what to expect.

Headingly I noticed you were one of the nobler ones who said you were wrong about S&H.
But to be fair (as I nearly said to you at the time and they've said themselves), what have they actually achieved yet ?

Things were positive enough before York ?
So I really don't think it's a case of "we cracked it and this upset the applecart"...

Sure I get bored of the habitual moaning but "fan positivity" is much more limited in what it can achieve.
There's no doubt the "positivity bubble" has failed to provide the answer yet again ?
If only everyone could reach a finer balance that's lies somewhere between compulsive moaning and thinking all criticism is unhelpful and holding the club back.  

Fenty can surely not keep loaning the club money, if we are not promoted after 14 months then what?

F ucked probably.
But what's the alternative ? Cut our cloth ?
Won't we still be in trouble ?

Fenty said "We simply can't break even whatever the football budget is."
http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/Grimsby-Town-Club-s-future-safe/story-15456385-detail/story.html

As a fan, I'd like to know if that is true or not ?

The trouble we've had is, we've never really "rebuilt".
We should have cut our cloth and rebuilt years ago but sadly now there's not much left to cut...
We've spent biggish money (yet not enough) keeping the fans hopes up while we chase promotion first time !  
Why oh why did we not be frank with the fans, tell them changes/cuts would be made and tell them to be patient for 1 YEAR ?
A few moans ? Should be used to it. Money problems ? Yeah right, well look at us now...

Tbh I could probably consider watching a young/youth side in the rebuilding stage but after all that's happened, how many others would pay £16 a time to ?

Would you headingly ?
I see you're in favour of managers being given time - rightly or wrongly they'd probably get more of it.

If fans are willing to show patience then let's do it but tbh if there's no long term plan for progression (talking about JF's plan not yours) then I'm not licking my lips.

And call me a selfish b@stard but I'd almost prefer we went out with a bang trying and spending big than piddle along as also rans.
Simply because I'm not convinced (and I may well be wrong here) we've got the right know-how to develop or coach younger players into better players - be interested to hear fans thoughts on that...
Reply: 41 - 98
pontoonlew
March 18, 2012, 7:12pm
Vodka Drinker
80's I don't think any club are operating at a profit in the football league really are they? People cain Fenty for running us at a loss as if we're the only club that does, when infact you'd be hard pushed to find a club that doesn't. People talking about Fenty wanting his money back, it is a risk but it's a bit rich asking for somebody who's pumped a large % of his money to not want to have the option of getting a tiny portion of that back. We all know Fenty isn't here to bleed the club dry and only if (which will probably be never) we can sustain on our own in a higher league will he start asking for even a portion of it back. That's my personal opinion anyway, if he turns round and bleeds the club dry in 3-4 years time then i'll hold my hands up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 98
MuddyWaters
March 18, 2012, 7:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from pontoonlew
80's I don't think any club are operating at a profit in the football league really are they? People cain Fenty for running us at a loss as if we're the only club that does, when infact you'd be hard pushed to find a club that doesn't. People talking about Fenty wanting his money back, it is a risk but it's a bit rich asking for somebody who's pumped a large % of his money to not want to have the option of getting a tiny portion of that back. We all know Fenty isn't here to bleed the club dry and only if (which will probably be never) we can sustain on our own in a higher league will he start asking for even a portion of it back. That's my personal opinion anyway, if he turns round and bleeds the club dry in 3-4 years time then i'll hold my hands up.

Using his current track record that should put us at least one league lower which should be enough to force us out of business anyway.

BTW, it looks like Lincoln took his advice on board last year judging by their own freefall towards Conference North.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 98
pontoonlew
March 18, 2012, 7:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Using his current track record that should put us at least one league lower which should be enough to force us out of business anyway.

BTW, it looks like Lincoln took his advice on board last year judging by their own freefall towards Conference North.

He's not bleeding the club dry though is he, because he's paying for it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 98
Ipswin
March 18, 2012, 7:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from pontoonlew

He's not bleeding the club dry though is he, because he's paying for it.

OK then so the silly tvvat is wasting his own money but does the price of Fenty keeping the club afloat have to mean ongoing failure, further relegations, more ridiculous decisions, bad choices, embarrassing press statements, and above all more and more indebtedness to 'Honest' John?
If we have to constantly let Fenty have his way in order to keep the club afloat is it worth it?
Apart from his wallet, (the opening of which is not as generous and freely made as he would have us believe as his recent blackmailing of the Trust shows) the man is a disaster for Grimsby Town.
And no, before any smart Alec asks, I don't know anyone else who will put the cash in if Fenty finally f*cks off but I know dozens who might run the club far better albeit on less money.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 98
aldi_01
March 18, 2012, 7:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Lincoln taking advice from a chairman who has only seen his club go backwards shows just how shite they are really...

The timing ofthe share issue coupled with the divided opinions on the share issue and the trust aren't exacty well timed but yesterday's result was diddly squat to do with that...we simply couldn't break a team down who tried their best not to lose. Tamworth didn't want to win, their objective was to simply stop us winning and we didn't break them down, simple as.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 98
pontoonlew
March 18, 2012, 8:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

OK then so the silly tvvat is wasting his own money but does the price of Fenty keeping the club afloat have to mean ongoing failure, further relegations, more ridiculous decisions, bad choices, embarrassing press statements, and above all more and more indebtedness to 'Honest' John?
If we have to constantly let Fenty have his way in order to keep the club afloat is it worth it?
Apart from his wallet, (the opening of which is not as generous and freely made as he would have us believe as his recent blackmailing of the Trust shows) the man is a disaster for Grimsby Town.
And no, before any smart Alec asks, I don't know anyone else who will put the cash in if Fenty finally f*cks off but I know dozens who might run the club far better albeit on less money.

And sadly the only thing that will keep us going is his wallet!

You know dozens who will run us on less money, less money will see us stay in this league for years. Meaning we will eventually become unsustainable.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 98
80sglory
March 18, 2012, 8:05pm
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew

I guess you're right.

I suppose what I mean is...

Can we cut our cloth short term to minimize the increase in debt (whilst saving the money we would have spent) before spending it all years later on a young team that looks like it could blossom later granted enough time to gel ?

Hence my questions about coaching ability.

With all due respect to JF and his generosity, IMO half arsed "competitive" budgets aren't enough - either you cut your cloth or you don't but you need to seriously spend to accumulate AT SOME POINT.

Ironically we've spent a relative fortune yet we still haven't got that key central midfielder !  
Reply: 48 - 98
80sglory
March 18, 2012, 8:10pm
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin

Here's a question for all you JF lovers then  
If we spend big (and possibly well beyond our means), could it be a "win-win" if in a worse case scenario, the club goes bust, JF is gone and the club can presumably(?) reform ?

Reply: 49 - 98
pontoonlew
March 18, 2012, 8:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 1600

I guess you're right.

I suppose what I mean is...

Can we cut our cloth short term to minimize the increase in debt (whilst saving the money we would have spent) before spending it all years later on a young team that looks like it could blossom later granted enough time to gel ?

Hence my questions about coaching ability.

With all due respect to JF and his generosity, IMO half arsed "competitive" budgets aren't enough - either you cut your cloth or you don't but you need to seriously spend to accumulate AT SOME POINT.

Ironically we've spent a relative fortune yet we still haven't got that key central midfielder !  

All speculation really though I guess, if we slashed the budget and settled for trying to assemble a squad of youth and hard workers without any skill then we're accepting years down here but for a bit of luck. Our best chance of survival is in the league.

I think Disley started well in that role but now he either has an injury or he's slowly starting to decline as a footballer. Or maybey he hasn't improved in the way the team as, I mean Makofo looked half decent in November yet when he returned we saw exactly how shite he was. I'm not saying Disley is shite, he's clearly a good player but maybey not AS good as we thought. I think we are desperate for Panther back though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 98
80sglory
March 18, 2012, 8:46pm
Guest User
But we're not accepting years down here though - that's my point !
It's only short-term until we're ready to weigh in with the big cash/big push.

Every year we've spent that same amount pre-season chasing that promotion glory rainbow to passify the fans and come the end of the year we're still rebuilding.
Can that be sensible or cost effective ? Well it hasn't worked...
You might argue all it does it get fans ready for a bigger disappointment than we should really be talking about with a brand new team.

How many people might be in favour of lower ticket prices during the rebuilding process and an honest 2/3 year plan ?
Give me £8 an UF ticket I'll happily watch a young side with raw ability and potential trying to play attractive football.

Not sure where you get "hard workers without any skill" from !!!

We've got Dayle Southwell, that other superstar kid who I haven't heard of since pre-season, KHM, a legacy of YT castoffs who never got their chance + a ton of young (and cheaper) players looking for the chance to break through.  
We don't need a teamful of Jamie Clarke's, there IS a better way !

I guess Disley is suffering from injury and like a lot of other players, a long season.
Say what you like about Makofo, but at least he can beat a player and he's one of the few midfielders who can pop up on the scoresheet.
Agree with you about Panther.
Reply: 51 - 98
Garth
March 18, 2012, 10:14pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from pontoonlew

Thats a laugh, more like the club is bleeding him dry, truth is we have run into a period of misfortune in Eldings ban, Hearns injury and the last minute winner against York that could defence wise have so easily been avoided, add to that playing two new players who are not yet match fit against Tamworth one who incidently hit the post and failure to break down a dogged defence yesterday is the reason where we are now.
A win Tuesday and next Saturday will change the mood again, its up to the managers to reinstall the winning attitude again, and sod all to do with curses or a football club Chairman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 98
EarAche
March 18, 2012, 10:22pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +9
I find it amazing that all these experts who can see the answers and solutions continue to sit at their pcs and hide behind a username. The collective business acumen spouted about on here would have town in the European Cup final in no time. So come on all you naysayers, launch your take over bid for the club, oust Mr Fenty and show us what you have got!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 98
Garth
March 18, 2012, 10:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from 1600
But we're not accepting years down here though - that's my point !
It's only short-term until we're ready to weigh in with the big cash/big push.

Every year we've spent that same amount pre-season chasing that promotion glory rainbow to passify the fans and come the end of the year we're still rebuilding.
Can that be sensible or cost effective ? Well it hasn't worked...
You might argue all it does it get fans ready for a bigger disappointment than we should really be talking about with a brand new team.

How many people might be in favour of lower ticket prices during the rebuilding process and an honest 2/3 year plan ?
Give me £8 an UF ticket I'll happily watch a young side with raw ability and potential trying to play attractive football.

Not sure where you get "hard workers without any skill" from !!!

We've got Dayle Southwell, that other superstar kid who I haven't heard of since pre-season, KHM, a legacy of YT castoffs who never got their chance + a ton of young (and cheaper) players looking for the chance to break through.  
We don't need a teamful of Jamie Clarke's, there IS a better way !

I guess Disley is suffering from injury and like a lot of other players, a long season.
Say what you like about Makofo, but at least he can beat a player and he's one of the few midfielders who can pop up on the scoresheet.
Agree with you about Panther.

Oh dear! I was with you up till that statement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 98
pontoonlew
March 18, 2012, 10:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Garth

Thats a laugh, more like the club is bleeding him dry, truth is we have run into a period of misfortune in Eldings ban, Hearns injury and the last minute winner against York that could defence wise have so easily been avoided, add to that playing two new players who are not yet match fit against Tamworth one who incidently hit the post and failure to break down a dogged defence yesterday is the reason where we are now.
A win Tuesday and next Saturday will change the mood again, its up to the managers to reinstall the winning attitude again, and sod all to do with curses or a football club Chairman

Think you've taken my statement wrong. What I mean is if in 3-4 years he leaves and then asks for £2 million back, I think that's what all the anti-Fenty crew are expecting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 98
Neilo83
March 18, 2012, 10:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
Everyone's entitled to there own opinion of course but how the hell could fenty coming back have an immediate influence On our results? Just a coincidence IMO, we was always gonna hit a sticky patch at some point this season. And tbh we haven't been playing bad have we.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 98
springstomind
March 18, 2012, 11:02pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
shot thread.  How is this Fenty's fault, we're hardly mid table mediocraty. Fleetwood Harsh, Braintree, joke refereeing, Elding was fouled before Yorks winner, Tamworth wasn't amazing but they're like Stoke and hard to brake down. Bore off with negative threads, i love this club and still think we look a top top side at this level, and we've already proven twice this season why we can play at a higher level. It'll happen, patience ... Look at Lincoln and Darlo, now they're in clip mate... we're doing just fine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 98
springstomind

Cocktail Drinker
shot thread.  How is this Fenty's fault, we're hardly mid table mediocraty. Fleetwood Harsh, Braintree, joke refereeing, Elding was fouled before Yorks winner, Tamworth wasn't amazing but they're like Stoke and hard to brake down. Bore off with negative threads, i love this club and still think we look a top top side at this level, and we've already proven twice this season why we can play at a higher level. It'll happen, patience ... Look at Lincoln and Darlo, now they're in clip mate... we're doing just fine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 98
springstomind

Cocktail Drinker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 98
Rob_in_Grimsby
March 18, 2012, 11:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
What makes me laugh are the fans on here who say lets cut our cloth accordingly, and lower the ticket price, If we do either then we can at best look forward to a relegation battle year in year out, We would have to be a part time club at best.
3000 crowds at current prices gives us a loss of half a mil so cutting our prices will give us a bigger loss, getting rid of the team and getting lower paid younger players will only plunge us down the table and finally when things are looking bleak around xmas where will the money come from for the players you will all call for in the transfer window,
The way I see it is Fenty , Parker and the board have all made mistakes in the past but for the first time in years we actually look like we have turned a corner so give the club a break and get behind them.
Lastly the only people you can blame for the recent dip in form are the players and the managers and we can only hope this is temporary,
9 games to go 27  points to play for, who knows what may happen
The futures bright when its Black and White 

moribus facit hominem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 98
barralad
March 18, 2012, 11:19pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,300
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from 1054

Dear me! Talk about a narrow minded view. IMO this is wrong in so many aspects it's almost impossible to know where to start but I'll give it my best shot.

Whilst no-one-certainly not me as I wasn't there- would argue with the view that Cambridge represented quite possibly our best performance of the season the same most definitely cannot be said about Southport where we could easily have been 3-0 down at half time against a team of better finishers. The creativity you wax almost lyrically about hasn't really been seen to any great extent since the beginning of February. Since then our wins have largely been down to a dogged refusal to give games up admittedly something lacking in recent history.
I would agree with your view about the change being a psychological one but I fear for vastly different reasons to you. I think the psychological shock of the York result had a large part to play in yesterday's events. I'd hazard a guess that several of our younger players got a rather rude wake up call against York and a large dose of reality. I'm not decrying our long unbeaten run in any way shape or form but the difference between that and recent results is that we've played teams at the top end of the division for our TWO losses. Although I thought we might have got something from the York game (and nearly did) I never thought we'd get as close to Fleetwood as we did.

I'm not a fitness coach but I'd be extremely surprised if at this stage of the season a day off from training would do any lasting harm. Given the number of games recently it might actually have done some good.

I know you have no love for JF and Lord knows he's done some daft things during his tenure but to blame someone as far from the field of play as he is for our (perceived) problems is just barmy and probably says more about you than it does him.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 98
80sglory
March 18, 2012, 11:21pm
Guest User
Quoted from EarAche
I find it amazing that all these experts who can see the answers and solutions continue to sit at their pcs and hide behind a username. The collective business acumen spouted about on here would have town in the European Cup final in no time. So come on all you naysayers, launch your take over bid for the club, oust Mr Fenty and show us what you have got!

Who is a naysayer ?   Can you read ?

Look mate, CLEARLY there's talk about which way the club will lean concerning next seasons budget.
Have you be sucking your thumb or what ?

Personally I'm in favour of spending rather than cutting but I DON'T KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS  - that's exactly why I wanted to have a mature debate on the subject.  

Fat chance of that !  

Jesus wept, dealing with ignorance and stupidity is even more painful than listening to the full time moaners !
No it's "Let's see someone else step up to the plate" - two words to describe you - predictable and boring !  
Did you rehearse that ?

Same old story all over - people get so untrustworthy (or lack the ability to read) they jump in, sterotype eveyone else and give themselves a big pat on the back for chipping away further at the club and making the division even worse.

Hiding behind my username my @rse - what do you want a real time fooking satellite link ?  
Who are YOU hiding behind your keyboard ?

Tell you what, it's not that I don't trust Fenty, I do.
It's the handful of bizarre/random posters like YOU that always seem to leap up to talk BS and defend him that makes me suspicious.

Well done mate you're such a star, should be handed a PR role at the club !!!  

And everyone so touchy touchy ALL the time (even with no reason !)  
No wonder we've struggling for unity - from the moaners to the "moaners at the moaners" eveyone is as bad as each other !  

What a joke but moreso, what a shame people can never learn to see a better way forward than arguing all the time.

At this rate, the moaning on the fshy is gonna bore every one to death long before the club ever reaches a similar state.

If any of you out there have got kids, for god sake try keep them off the fishy and I bet you their whole outlook to GTFC will be so much simpler, healthier and less twisted !
Reply: 62 - 98
barralad
March 18, 2012, 11:29pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from 1600

Who is a naysayer ?   Can you read ?

Look mate, CLEARLY there's talk about which way the club will lean concerning next seasons budget.
Have you be sucking your thumb or what ?

Personally I'm in favour of spending rather than cutting but I DON'T KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS  - that's exactly why I wanted to have a mature debate on the subject.  

Fat chance of that !  

Jesus wept, dealing with ignorance and stupidity is even more painful than listening to the full time moaners !
No it's "Let's see someone else step up to the plate" - two words to describe you - predictable and boring !  
Did you rehearse that ?

Same old story all over - people get so untrustworthy (or lack the ability to read) they jump in, sterotype eveyone else and give themselves a big pat on the back for chipping away further at the club and making the division even worse.

Hiding behind my username my @rse - what do you want a real time fooking satellite link ?  
Who are YOU hiding behind your keyboard ?

Tell you what, it's not that I don't trust Fenty, I do.
It's the handful of bizarre/random posters like YOU that always seem to leap up to talk BS and defend him that makes me suspicious.

Well done mate you're such a star, should be handed a PR role at the club !!!  

And everyone so touchy touchy ALL the time (even with no reason !)  
No wonder we've struggling for unity - from the moaners to the "moaners at the moaners" eveyone is as bad as each other !  

What a joke but moreso, what a shame people can never learn to see a better way forward than arguing all the time.

At this rate, the moaning on the fshy is gonna bore every one to death long before the club ever reaches a similar state.

If any of you out there have got kids, for god sake try keep them off the fishy and I bet you their whole outlook to GTFC will be so much simpler, healthier and less twisted !

Christ on a bike. Someone needs anger management therapy. Did that one word naysayers merit so much bile? I think the word is "touchy"..

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 98
80sglory
March 18, 2012, 11:44pm
Guest User
Barralad, you're someone who doesn't like to have "conversations" on the messageboards - whether you're dodging the questions or just fed up of the arguments and keen to avoid them I'm none too sure.

To be honest I AM sick of it - there's always someone popping up to moan or counter-moan about anything.  
Are we all any better off for it ?

Really I should make an entire thread about it.
I easily could - got more than enough points to make, and all crucial to the long term success of the club IMO.

A bit of harmony (or at least a bit of respect and thoughtful reading) goes a long way.

By the way I agree with your good advice to RBOH but I also hope JF also takes a leaf out of your book next time the GET run a story and equally, he doesn't seek to blame anyone a similar distance to the pitch as himself.
Reply: 64 - 98
barralad
March 18, 2012, 11:59pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from 1600
Barralad, you're someone who doesn't like to have "conversations" on the messageboards - whether you're dodging the questions or just fed up of the arguments and keen to avoid them I'm none too sure.

To be honest I AM sick of it - there's always someone popping up to moan or counter-moan about anything.  
Are we all any better off for it ?

Really I should make an entire thread about it.
I easily could - got more than enough points to make, and all crucial to the long term success of the club IMO.

A bit of harmony (or at least a bit of respect and thoughtful reading) goes a long way.

By the way I agree with your good advice to RBOH but I also hope JF also takes a leaf out of your book next time the GET run a story and equally, he doesn't seek to blame anyone a similar distance to the pitch as himself.

The general standard of debate on here has dropped to such an extent that I largely cannot be bothered to be honest. So much foul mouthed abuse and negativity flying around that by and large I'd rather be elsewhere. I can almost understand your rant-I'd just question what good it will do in the long run because as these people never tire of saying they have a right to their opinion (which presumably means that they think they have a right to abuse people who don't agree with them)

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 98
80sglory
March 19, 2012, 12:00am
Guest User
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby
What makes me laugh are the fans on here who say lets cut our cloth accordingly, and lower the ticket price, If we do either then we can at best look forward to a relegation battle year in year out, We would have to be a part time club at best.

Isn't that a bit negative ?
How do other clubs survive on their budgets ?
I accept we're not geographically blessed but we've also got a lot of fans.

Is kids for a quid wrong too ?

3000 crowds at current prices gives us a loss of half a mil so cutting our prices will give us a bigger loss

Even if we slash the budget ?

getting rid of the team and getting lower paid younger players will only plunge us down the table

Of course it will, we're not going for promotion straight away are we ?  

and finally when things are looking bleak around xmas where will the money come from for the players you will all call for in the transfer window,

Fans won't - that's the whole point !
There would be a bit of a kerfuffle and then when the season starts, it will be accepted and the long term plan would be put in place.

The way I see it is Fenty , Parker and the board have all made mistakes in the past but for the first time in years we actually look like we have turned a corner so give the club a break and get behind them.

What do you mean give the club a break ?
I think you're probably right about backing this team but if we've turned the corner why are we still bringing in players ?
Think it needs considering at least.

Lastly the only people you can blame for the recent dip in form are the players and the managers and we can only hope this is temporary,
9 games to go 27  points to play for, who knows what may happen
The futures bright when its Black and White 

Hope you're right and who knows, you could be.
But if you're not, then just personally, I'd prefer not to fanny about wasting too much time for next season by flogging the "until mathematically impossible" dead horse.

But yeah, we should remember it's not all over just yet, good point.
Reply: 66 - 98
sonik
March 19, 2012, 12:05am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Quoted from barralad

The general standard of debate on here has dropped to such an extent that I largely cannot be bothered to be honest. So much foul mouthed abuse and negativity flying around that by and large I'd rather be elsewhere. I can almost understand your rant-I'd just question what good it will do in the long run because as these people never tire of saying they have a right to their opinion (which presumably means that they think they have a right to abuse people who don't agree with them)

I tend to agree with you Barralad.  The recent posts by some on here make me sick to death.  I'm sure John feels the same.

Very sad indeed as this forum has gone down hill fast recently IMHO!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 98
80sglory
March 19, 2012, 12:22am
Guest User
Quoted from barralad

Well I agree.

What good will it do ?
I just feel someone needs to extend the hand of reconciliation to get fans on both sides to wake up and smell the coffee.
Sometimes people can do wrong but I'm sure everyone deeps down thinks they're doing the right thing.

I'm a lot more reserved than I was but there comes a point that enough is enough and something needs to be said.

Not sure why you're quoting all this against someone who wasn't in the party you mention, but the point remains valid for everyone none the less.

Not sure if your "right to an opinion" was a dig at me but I would argue it's a lot more preferable to allow opinions and gently persuade otherwise (like I'm trying to) than to rant and rave or for people to be afforded no opinion at all.

Another problem a lot of fans have is, they can't just let other fans react after a bad result and get it our of their system - sometimes fans stir things up uneccesarily by expecting others fans to act more like robots than human beings.

We don't have to agree but we don't always need to complain all the time either.
If only we could ALL learn a little (that includes EVERYONE IMO)
Reply: 68 - 98
Dan
March 19, 2012, 12:41am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, type 80sglory in here: http://thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?v-memberpanel/a-forum/s-messageblock/u-708/ and thefishy suddenly becomes a much better place.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 98
80sglory
March 19, 2012, 1:06am
Guest User
Wasn't even on the forum before the York game - was that my fault too ?
Didn't see you complaining when we were on the long winning run !
Oh, I haven't been on here have I ?  

Like a lot of people you're thinking petty personal issues, not what's best for the club.

Bet you a score I could walk away come back in a year and nothing will have changed.
And at this rate I'm tempted to.

Boo 80sglory BOO !!!  

Reply: 70 - 98
BlackBoots
March 19, 2012, 7:28am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Now that roundballovalhole has been outed and identified s a bitter ex employee I for one can not take the guy seriously.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 98
MuddyWaters
March 19, 2012, 7:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from sonik

I tend to agree with you Barralad.  The recent posts by some on here make me sick to death.  I'm sure John feels the same.

I'll assume that's because more and more fans have seen through some of the 'smoke & mirrors' stunts - the way that 200,000 shares have been beggednegotiated & the Boston issue etc.
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 98
Harlem mariner
March 19, 2012, 8:15am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from sonik

Maybe because when anyone questions fenty many on here go into a tail spin and refuse debate and would rather take the stance of without him we wouldnt have a club. Plus the boston farce surely even you as his brother can see what a fuk up he made of that eh
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 98
roundballovalhole
March 19, 2012, 8:20am
Guest User
Quoted from BlackBoots
Now that roundballovalhole has been outed and identified s a bitter ex employee I for one can not take the guy seriously.

Bitter old fan of gtfc. .   that's all!
Reply: 74 - 98
roundballovalhole
March 19, 2012, 8:23am
Guest User
Quoted from sonik

Hmmmmm. . . The impending death of gtfc or the feelings of a tough-skinned frozen fish magnate. . . which one concerns me. . . questions; questions!
Reply: 75 - 98
roundballovalhole
March 19, 2012, 8:26am
Guest User
Quoted from Dan
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, type 80sglory in here: http://thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?v-memberpanel/a-forum/s-messageblock/u-708/ and thefishy suddenly becomes a much better place.

Yes. . . denial can be an effective defence!

Also see; Indifference, low expectation, acceptance of sh1t and getting swaffled by jf for the last 10 years!
Reply: 76 - 98
Squarkus
March 19, 2012, 8:37am

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from 1054

Yes. . . denial can be an effective defence!

Also see; Indifference, low expectation, acceptance of sh1t and getting swaffled by jf for the last 10 years!
YOUR SAILING CLOSE TO THE WIND,YOU DID A MARVALOUSE JOB IN THE SUNDAY LEAGUE YOURSELF.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 98
arryarryarry
March 19, 2012, 9:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from 3621
At the start of the season most posters would be happy with a 10th spot.
UTM.

You're having a laugh surely, one place better off than where the useless Woods dragged us to?

Private Message
Reply: 78 - 98
MuddyWaters
March 19, 2012, 9:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

You're having a laugh surely, one place better off than where the useless Woods dragged us to?

CORRECTION : we were 9th when NW was sacked.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 98
pontoonlew
March 19, 2012, 9:48am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Look at the squad Woods left us! We were NEVER going to end the season there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 98
Squarkus
March 19, 2012, 1:05pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from pontoonlew

Look at the squad Woods left us! We were NEVER going to end the season there.
I personally think he forgot how to manage, panicked bought in some sh-t players when we had better in the club i.e. Thanoj and Ianson, these two was part of his youth set up, had he given them a chance I personally think it would have saved him, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 98
roundballovalhole
March 19, 2012, 1:11pm
Guest User
Quoted from Squarkus
YOUR SAILING CLOSE TO THE WIND,YOU DID A MARVALOUSE JOB IN THE SUNDAY LEAGUE YOURSELF.

I am trying to work out the play-on-words that you intended by spelling it 'Marvalouse' but I think I am probably trying to give you too much credit.

I'm not a sailor and I only played football on a Saturday (Sunday mornings are for showing your missus how much you love her)

Please explain yourself more coherently John.

Reply: 82 - 98
rancido
March 19, 2012, 5:20pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 1054

Bitter old fan of gtfc. .   that's all!

Just bitter more likely.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 98
roundballovalhole
March 19, 2012, 5:30pm
Guest User
Quoted from rancido

Just bitter more likely.

Watched my first match in 1978 at the age of 7.

I will let you decide whether that makes me old or a gtfc fan.

Happily married with two beautiful children, I enjoy my work and I have recently been promoted.

Keep clutching. . . . how many straws are there left???
Reply: 84 - 98
MuddyWaters
March 19, 2012, 5:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from rancido

Just bitter more likely.

Most genuine fans are pretty bitter about where the club's gone (down the pan) in the last 10 years.
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 98
Marinerz93
March 19, 2012, 7:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1054

Watched my first match in 1978 at the age of 7.

I will let you decide whether that makes me old or a gtfc fan.

Happily married with two beautiful children, I enjoy my work and I have recently been promoted.

Keep clutching. . . . how many straws are there left???

Happily married, it must be a same sex partnership and your the wife as you didn't mention one and you've adopted to travellers kids from Scumthorpe  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 98
rancido
March 19, 2012, 7:35pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Most genuine fans are pretty bitter about where the club's gone (down the pan) in the last 10 years.

I'm a true fan but not bitter, just hugely disappointed at the sequence of events that has lead us to this position.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 98
Meza
March 19, 2012, 7:45pm

Special Brew Drinker
I'm very much GTFC through and through but for me until I moved to Lincoln I find it very difficult attending matches so I rely on others at the game, radio etc.  I was hugely disappointed when we got relegated but I have never blamed JF but the ex manager and ex players.  

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 98
rancido
March 19, 2012, 7:56pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Meza
I'm very much GTFC through and through but for me until I moved to Lincoln I find it very difficult attending matches so I rely on others at the game, radio etc.  I was hugely disappointed when we got relegated but I have never blamed JF but the ex manager and ex players.  

Cue the anti-Fenty mafia who will say that he employed said managers and players.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 98
Meza
March 19, 2012, 8:00pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from rancido

Cue the anti-Fenty mafia who will say that he employed said managers and players.

Lol yeah I know the buck stops at the top but JF has always backed his managers from what I can tell, if JF was picking the team then it's a different story.  

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 98
cleefish
March 19, 2012, 8:29pm
L:incoln
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +6
we can always get Rob Scott's brother to scout for us whilst he is unemployed I reckon he is not a bad manager just unlucky and must know some good talent from this level I belive tomorrows game will be different from the last 2 after a good reshuffle.UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 98
Meza
March 19, 2012, 8:39pm

Special Brew Drinker
I can see a couple of changes.

1-McKeown
2-Silk
3-Townsend
4-Pearson
5-Miller
6-Thanoj
7-Soares
8-Artus
9-Elding
10-Hearn
11-Winn

Subs
Wood
Garner
Disley
KHM
Duffy

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 98
Codswede
March 19, 2012, 9:19pm

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
Now, I'm not suggesting any Kim Jong Il style dictatorship here... but surely the board admin must realise that this thread has run its course and needs deleting. This is a forum for people to come and share opinions, not to be personally abused.

If they want to keep this forum as popular as it is... There must be some moderation on here!

UTM

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 98
Pongo
March 19, 2012, 9:46pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Quoted from 1054
Years of failure, a brief spell of tremendous progress and now slipping towards mid-table mediocrity.

What is the factor that interrupted years of frustrating abject failure?

My answer would be John Fenty not being chairman, the power living 'outside of the boardroom', whatever you call it. . . it's stark!

Before you tell me that I am just jumping on any reason to have a pop at John. . . You can't tell me that the events of this week haven't impacted us on the pitch today. . . .we didn't train on Thursday ffs.

Please put the club up for sale John and please be prepared to negotiate on your 'loans'. . . you owe it to the Club and the supporters.

if you dont like it FXXK OFF You KNOOOOBBBBB

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 98
Pongo
March 19, 2012, 9:50pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Quoted from Squarkus

Was that Mike the one for you one for me dimwitt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 98
roundballovalhole
March 19, 2012, 10:18pm
Guest User
Quoted from Marinerz93

Happily married, it must be a same sex partnership and your the wife as you didn't mention one and you've adopted to travellers kids from Scumthorpe  

Is that you saying "You're gay you are!"?

. . . . . Yep, thought so!
Reply: 96 - 98
TAGG
March 19, 2012, 10:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from rancido

So where does the buck stop??????????????????
In any business the man at the top is the ultimate power so is to blame for failure or success of that business.  
Fenty is the man that picks the man that picks and puts together the excrement team so my vote would go to Fenty for the failure of GTFC.
anti-fenty mafia may as well be in that I'm to old now to still be in the Park Street Mafia.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 98
Marinerz93
March 19, 2012, 10:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1054

Is that you saying "You're gay you are!"?

. . . . . Yep, thought so!

I bet you had two daddies as well

Private Message
Reply: 98 - 98
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can it get any more obvious?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.