Hearn/Elding

This thread currently has 3,537 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
HEARN 10 ELDING 39
March 18, 2012, 1:43pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Honestly some of you lot on here are absolute jokers..all you seem to want to do is sit and wait for mistakes from players etc, and come on here shouting excrement.A player wants to be here, show great passion for the club gives his all week in week out, always the first to encourage other players etc yet he's crap, makes wrong decision ie try to score a lob when clearly the keeper was just infront of the peno spot. Obviously some don't understand or see the bigger picture.. It was great awareness which was finger tips away from being executed..now talk of would you swap him for shaw? Why? Because shaw has scored more goals? Elding has played 30 odd game scored 15 not bad in my reckoning 1 in 2...and he has the attitude and passion FOR THE CLUB to go with it.. Yeah misses chances so does the best players in the world.. Before elding signed, an someone said he would run his absolute balls off for the club, show great passion for the shirt and score 15 in 30 odd games- 1 in 2.......would we have taken it... A BIG FAT YES....so stop moaning about the misses etc and appreciate what he actually does for the team..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 34
Total Football
March 18, 2012, 1:59pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Quoted from HEARN 10 ELDING 39
Honestly some of you lot on here are absolute jokers..all you seem to want to do is sit and wait for mistakes from players etc, and come on here shouting excrement.A player wants to be here, show great passion for the club gives his all week in week out, always the first to encourage other players etc yet he's crap, makes wrong decision ie try to score a lob when clearly the keeper was just infront of the peno spot. Obviously some don't understand or see the bigger picture.. It was great awareness which was finger tips away from being executed..now talk of would you swap him for shaw? Why? Because shaw has scored more goals? Elding has played 30 odd game scored 15 not bad in my reckoning 1 in 2...and he has the attitude and passion FOR THE CLUB to go with it.. Yeah misses chances so does the best players in the world.. Before elding signed, an someone said he would run his absolute balls off for the club, show great passion for the shirt and score 15 in 30 odd games- 1 in 2.......would we have taken it... A BIG FAT YES....so stop moaning about the misses etc and appreciate what he actually does for the team..

think i would have to agree with this..should concentrate on what he acttually does for the team  rather than what he dont..this is a football forum and thats what fans do..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 34
voice of reason
March 18, 2012, 2:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from HEARN 10 ELDING 39

Well said...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 34
nightrider
March 18, 2012, 6:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
I dont agree. We've hit a sticky patch and lost out on promotion in the process. After seeing us against Cambridge I genuinely thought we'd make the playoffs but we're still some way off. These missed chances are things we need to put right for next season.

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 34
cleefish
March 18, 2012, 7:50pm
L:incoln
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +6
;
Myself I said last season top 10 this would be ok been as we were in rebuild but any thing else would be a bonus and I still stand by that to get out of this league a club as to build and weeded out any week  links  and be selfish just like crawley and fleetwood then when  we are out we may lighten up a bit.
So Iam going to keep believing because thats all we have at least we  are not like lincoln their fans have just about given up I can see them folding all together I have heard from a good source that a builder as already got plans drawn up and in a safe stashed ready for the day.UTMM IN YOU WE TRUST
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 34
80sglory
March 18, 2012, 8:22pm
Guest User
Quoted from springstomind
Yer very good point, i tend to forget the both had very slow starts, i remember at the start of the season Elding was getting absolutely slated and became known for missing sitters and was braded by a few a waste of money.

Wasn't fit at the start of the season - simple as.

That said I think he's a bit over-rated - anyone would think he's in Hearns class.

Another top quality striker next year to push him (and Duffer) for that place please.

Reply: 25 - 34
Total Football
March 18, 2012, 9:20pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from 1600

Wasn't fit at the start of the season - simple as.

That said I think he's a bit over-rated - anyone would think he's in Hearns class.

Another top quality striker next year to push him (and Duffer) for that place please.

bit over rated? you dont be a pro for what 13 years if your not any good, if he was over rated then he would have been found out and not have had the career he has...

o yeah just because theres a few saying bad things about elding, you soon jump on the bandwagon AS USUAL..and in the same breath the name duffy is always mentioned...

1 duffer as you say will be gone next year.

2 elding takes 25% wage cut to stay, so he certainly aint playing for the money.. and could really toss it off if he wanted but i think he far from does that..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 34
Total Football
March 18, 2012, 9:31pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from 1600

anyone would think he's in Hearns class.

he is in the class of hearn.

ok take away hearns goals? has hearn got better workrate than elding? no
has hearn got better a touch than elding? no
has hearn played as many league games than elding? no
is hearn a team player like elding? no
has hearn ever played higher than the conferance? no
has hearns over all career got a better goal ratio than elding? no
does hearn have the awarness of elding?no
liam 26 playing for grimsby in bsp
elding at 26 playing for leeds in lg 1
so yes i would put elding in a class above hearn.

whats your point 80's?

in all honestly hearn has done nothing in his career.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 34
HEARN 10 ELDING 39
March 18, 2012, 9:42pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Quoted from Total Football

he is in the class of hearn.

ok take away hearns goals? has hearn got better workrate than elding? no
has hearn got better a touch than elding? no
has hearn played as many league games than elding? no
is hearn a team player like elding? no
has hearn ever played higher than the conferance? no
has hearns over all career got a better goal ratio than elding? no
does hearn have the awarness of elding?no
liam 26 playing for grimsby in bsp
elding at 26 playing for leeds in lg 1
so yes i would put elding in a class above hearn.

whats your point 80's?

in all honestly hearn has done nothing in his career.

couldnt have put that any better myself.. 80 by the way you do urine me off. i told anthony about some of your comments on here..what do you think he said?

tipical football fans dont know nothing about football..rather than back the player, would rather go on forums slatting the players of the team they "support"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 34
80sglory
March 18, 2012, 9:48pm
Guest User
bit over rated? you dont be a pro for what 13 years if your not any good, if he was over rated then he would have been found out and not have had the career he has...

Not talking about that, I mean he's clearly being hero-worshipped in some quarters of the fishy.

o yeah just because theres a few saying bad things about elding, you soon jump on the bandwagon AS USUAL..

Boo hoo I gave an honest opinion so I'm a Elding hater am I ?  
The only bandwagon I'm on is GTFC.

Fans like you make me laugh - you talk about bandwagons but the slightest bit of criticism, it's toys out the pram time and a load of BS personal innuendo and finger pointing.

Personally, I think it's fans like YOU who are to blame for our demise - by apologising and making excuses for every reallity you can't deal with you're lowering expectations for everyone.
No fookin wonder the players haven't rolled up their sleeves and taken the p*ss for god knows how many years - they've got all the pre-prepared excuses they need !

and in the same breath the name duffy is always mentioned...

And your point is what exactly ?
By making a flippant joke I love him ?
Or I hate him ?
Get a grip man.

1 duffer as you say will be gone next year.

Never said that but you might be right.
But like Hurst says it's good to have other options.

Personally I think we can do better than both but hey, don't mind me, I'm just into promotion more than player worship.

2 elding takes 25% wage cut to stay, so he certainly aint playing for the money.. and could really toss it off if he wanted but i think he far from does that..

You're far too quick to leap to assumptions.

Never said Elding should leave. And if we're getting 25% off that's good news, just saying we could do with more competition.
Are you against that ?
Or do you need to check if competition for places is ok with King Anthony first ?  

Anyway, what makes you think it's gonna be cuts next season ?
Reply: 29 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hearn/Elding

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.