5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
acko338
March 10, 2012, 8:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,213
Gold Stars: 33
On for too long today after the injury - struggled several times for pace and the managers should have realised earlier and took him off before half time - could've given them two goals if they'd been better finishers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 48
pseudonym
March 10, 2012, 8:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
He gives away dodgy penalties !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 48
Paris Mariner
March 11, 2012, 9:19am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from acko338
On for too long today after the injury - struggled several times for pace and the managers should have realised earlier and took him off before half time - could've given them two goals if they'd been better finishers.

I think this is the main problem - and would be my main criticism of RS and PH. They dilly-dally about to much with making substitutions. I wasn't at the game but it was evident that Church was struggling with the knock he got early on.

I think the reason he started was to give Thanoj a bit more rest but I think a playing to holding midfielders at home demonstrates a lack of ambition.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 48
carrot top
March 11, 2012, 10:09am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if it wasn't for Church against Southport we wouldn't have won that game. He's part of the squad and a useful part of it to boot. I hope if he does read this forum that he doesn't get down about being called rubbish etc

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 48
FishOutOfWater
March 11, 2012, 11:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Paris Mariner

I think this is the main problem - and would be my main criticism of RS and PH. They dilly-dally about to much with making substitutions. I wasn't at the game but it was evident that Church was struggling with the knock he got early on.

I think the reason he started was to give Thanoj a bit more rest but I think a playing to holding midfielders at home demonstrates a lack of ambition.

Each to their own opinion, but one thing I don't think you can level at our managers is a lack of ambition

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 48
Paris Mariner
March 11, 2012, 12:04pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Each to their own opinion, but one thing I don't think you can level at our managers is a lack of ambition

I totally agree - and I think they've been fantastic since they arrived with their openness in interviews for example. I just think sometimes they leave it too late to change the game with a sub or the replacements baffle me e.g York (h) in FAT - Church got injured and they brought on Wood, when, in my opinion, an attacking option would have been better at that point in the game.

Braintree (h) we were, by all accounts, pretty drab for the whole game and they left until less than 20 minutes to go before they changed it. When we had KHM and Duffy on the bench.

Then yesterday. I just think sometimes, they could be braver on that front, especially at home.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 48
I believe in Cod
March 11, 2012, 12:30pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Quoted from jonnyboy82
having seen enough of him to make a judgement i will..

he is nowere near good enough,he is very slow and not as aggressive as i was led to believe..

i am not just saying this as i dont like him i am saying it as i genuinely do not see what he offers,he was very poor today and has been majority of the time when i have seen him..

watched very closely today and with him amd disley together disley is always the one sitting back and church more forward which was the wrong way around,it clearly was a tactic as it happened until church went off ..

like i said not blasting the team or managers but for me not up to scratch sorry.

you defo werent at Fleetwood on tuesday were you!?

and dont forget that he isnt the sort of player that runs into the box and creates goals every game and scores 40 yard screamers

he's a good player to have in the club

Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 48
MeanwoodMariner
March 11, 2012, 1:54pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
After years of having fat, lazy journeymen at the club who just phoned in performances I find it strange that somebody with a work ethic as strong as Church is getting stick. He's not amazing on the ball but has put in the occcasional man of the match performance. Definitely a good player to have at the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 48
siy2k5
March 11, 2012, 2:53pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Give the lad a chance ffs. He's come from part time football, was injured at he start if the season which put him even further behind, and has been in and out of the team. Judge him when he's had a full pre season under his belt and a good run in the side.

As a side note, I've been far more underwhelmed by Craig Disley this season. Offers little going forward, little creativity and is slow when chasing back. He's had the odd good game, but I've been disappointed in him tbh.

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 48
brad_gtfc
March 11, 2012, 3:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
My judgements still out on Church.
I massively applaud his effort, its great to see someone willing to put a shift in everytime he plays, especially after some of the excrement lazy gits we've had over the years.
Granted he's not great on the ball, but thats not his game.
Personally I dont think he should've started yesterday. Would seem harsh as he was excellent against Fleetwood, but at home we need to be braver and dictate the games (which we have being doing since Thanoj has being in) Like I said, would be harsh, but we're not here to be nice, were here to win games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anthony church

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.