Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stuff that really gets your goat
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 85 Guests

Stuff that really gets your goat

This thread currently has 33,985 views. Print
44 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Doctor Sanchez
March 6, 2012, 7:31am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +19 / -6
Approval: +638
Gold Stars: 1
24 hour news is one if the worst things invented.  They fill 24 hours by repeating the same main stories throughout the day but to add variety they then start speculating about alternative outcomes to these stories.  So called experts come on and are asked to talk irrelevant drivel by presenters who've got no clue about good interview techniques.  By the end of the 24 hours, the original, factual headline has now grown out of proportion to something else that someone just speculated about and has now become fact in their eyes.

Or something like that.  Anyways, 24 hour news is bad.

And plastic wrapping that needs a flipping chainsaw just to open!!

Serial thread killer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 436
cmackenzie4
March 6, 2012, 9:21am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.21
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,346
Gold Stars: 34
Also people who park in the wrong parking bays at supermarkets etc, The amount of people what abuse this is unreal, Lazy girl privates who want to get as near to the door as possible and don,t give a damn for the genuine disabled and parent and toddlers.  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 436
jock dock tower
March 6, 2012, 10:25am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
1. The BBC and celebrity culture. They had Alex James "cheese maker extraordinary" on Breakfast News today plugging his new book. This a few days after it had been reported that the food festival he organized at his farm last year had caused numerous local businesses (and even schools) to lose money, because he left the organizing to some outside company who ripped everyone off. The fact that he's a pal of my next rant wouldn't have anything to do with it, surely?

2. David "call me Dave, we're all in this together" Cameron. I flipping hate being patronised by a multi millionaire snob. Surely the best example yet of killing off a particular gene pool?

3. Motorway service stations who extort you from your cash and smile at you at the same time. They should all be raised to the ground.

4. The Hairy Bikers.

5. People who ring you up at flipping tea time. When I ask them what they're selling, they say they're not selling anything. At this point I become loud and very abusive as my lentil bake with aubergine couscous is getting cold.

6. Coffee shops who ask you if you want "regular" cups of coffee. intercourse off to America, it's small in this country. Oh, and the ridiculous prices they charge as well.

7. People who wear baseball caps, especially backwards or to the side.

8. Brain dead idiots who spend £000's on "fashion" Don't they realise fashion is about being different? Used to wet myself reading about Burberry clad "football hooligans" who thought having a vast lexicon and wardrobe of clothing trade names made them cool and hard.

9. Murdoch.

10. Anything that advertises itself as reality t.v.

11. Being on holiday abroad and having fuckwits accost you to go to their (a) restaurant (b) bar (c) nightclub. Deliberately avoid all such establishments.

12. As an earlier poster said, anyone who calls you "mate" I always advise them that they do not know me, and not to be so familiar.

13. People who frequent Covent Garden.

14. Dog poo on the streets. Wasn't a problem when we had white dog poo when I was growing up, but this new fangled stuff never seems to do that. Why?

15. The One Show.

16. Thicko Premiership footballers, who because they earn £squillions every week think that people are actually interested in what they have to say.

17. Ebay sellers who try to rip you off with £5 postage for something the weight of a tissue.

18. R&B. It simply isn't proper R&B is it? When I were a lad R&B stood for rhythm and blues and was used to denote an English blues number with a beat attached. It was probably the best genre of music around at the time.

19. Cockneys who believe you can't hear them as they constantly shout at the top of their grating voices, even though they're stood next to you.

20. Zumba classes.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 436
codhead91
March 6, 2012, 11:15am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -2
The incorrect use of: apostrophes; your/you're: there/their/they're.

People who spell 'lose' as 'loose'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 436
Les Brechin
March 6, 2012, 12:55pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,737
Gold Stars: 174
The number of motor manufactures that still make vehicles without indicators in this day and age.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 436
Les Brechin
March 6, 2012, 1:07pm

Another few.

People who wear those stupid woolly hats indoors as it supposedly trendy. No mate, it just make you look like a twit.

Women on trains. When the conductor comes round I always have my tickets ready for inspection. Just about every woman never have theirs ready and spend ages fumbling around in their bag trying to find their tickets. Do they not think that their tickets need to be checked.

People you sit in my bloody reserved seat on the train. What part of "THIS SEAT IS RESERVED" do they not understand.

Cold callers who ring my mobile telling me I can claim for the accident I had or the PPI I paid I've never bloody had an accident and never paid any PPI even if I had then I'd ring them.

People who shout on mobile phones.

Vehicles that tailgate. Scare me more than anything on the motorway that.

My boss who still pays me by cheque every month so I have to wait 4 bloody days for the thing to clear.

The MOBO awards. If we had the MOWO awards there would be uproar.

The dogooders who won't let kids sing Baa Baa Black Sheep anymore in case it causes offence. It's a bloody sheep and it's black, how the hell can that be offensive.

People who put am instead of I'm.

No doubt I'll think of a few more later.

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 436
kamakazebear
March 6, 2012, 3:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +484
Quoted from Les Brechin
Women on trains. When the conductor comes round I always have my tickets ready for inspection. Just about every woman never have theirs ready and spend ages fumbling around in their bag trying to find their tickets. Do they not think that their tickets need to be checked.

I never have mine ready, partly in hope that the conductor doesn't notice me and I can re-use my ticket

My biggest hatred is the absolute morons who can't use the self-service check outs. Spend an age screaming at the poor woman trying to help them because they're that ridiculously stupid they can't work out how to use it. If you can't use it, don't use it, go to the normal check-outs and let the mentally competent people leave quickly.

People who drive at exactly the speed limit. Sure driving below 30 irritates me, and I long everyone to drive 35 or above, but those people who drive at exactly 30, speeding up if it drops below or braking sharply if it goes above really urine me off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 436
jock dock tower
March 6, 2012, 3:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
1. Drivers who always stop at roundabouts even thought the nearest car on their right hand side is 46.3 miles away.

2. Supermarket reduced section where they knock about 0.3% off something in the hope somebody who can't count will buy it.

3. Shops that still don't have machines to take cards. They don't realise I'm akin to royalty these days and rarely carry money.

4. Labour Party "modernisers" who have the ear of so and so....

5. Nicholas flipping Witchell, the BBC's royal correspondent.

6. Crawley Town

7. Steve Evans

8. That irritating tune that Ryanair play whenever they land, purporting to have landed on time.

9. Ryanair for not giving their cabin staff sufficient change to go round the plane and give the correct change out when people buy anything from them.

10. The fact that having just one 4 fingered measure of whisky at night keeps me awake for half of it.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 436
Les Brechin
March 6, 2012, 3:48pm

Quoted from kamakazebear

I never have mine ready, partly in hope that the conductor doesn't notice me and I can re-use my ticket.

But I bet you know exactly where it is when asked for it though.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 436
Jarmo.Is.God
March 6, 2012, 4:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from jock dock tower
1. Drivers who always stop at roundabouts even thought the nearest car on their right hand side is 46.3 miles away.

2. Supermarket reduced section where they knock about 0.3% off something in the hope somebody who can't count will buy it.

3. Shops that still don't have machines to take cards. They don't realise I'm akin to royalty these days and rarely carry money.

4. Labour Party "modernisers" who have the ear of so and so....

5. Nicholas flipping Witchell, the BBC's royal correspondent.

6. Crawley Town

7. Steve Evans

8. That irritating tune that Ryanair play whenever they land, purporting to have landed on time.

9. Ryanair for not giving their cabin staff sufficient change to go round the plane and give the correct change out when people buy anything from them.

10. The fact that having just one 4 fingered measure of whisky at night keeps me awake for half of it.

you should of just put 'Ryanair'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 436
44 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stuff that really gets your goat

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.