Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stuff that really gets your goat
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 49 Guests

Stuff that really gets your goat

This thread currently has 33,869 views. Print
44 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
alvinghammariner
March 5, 2012, 8:16am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
Quoted from AdamHaddock

Yes!! The amount of times I've nearly been run over when crossing a filter lane because no fecker was indicating left. When I come to power they'll be banned from driving for 10 years.

Anyway, other pains in the arris for me include

Self service checkouts - "please wait for assistance", "unrecognised item in bagging area". But the worst time is when women are using them and I'm in the queue. With me it's just beep, beep,beep, pay, go. Your average woman takes about half an hour to inspect something, slowly moves it to the scanner, then slowly puts it in a bag, then the next item.

"The scot" Journalists, especially at the beeb who get a real thrill from referring to Andy Murray or John Higgins as a Scot but they refer to Englishmen as Brits.

Housemates Idiots who can't clean up after themselves and who need the heating on 24/7 every time the weather dips below 15C, and then walk around the house in shorts and T-shirts. We've just had a bill for £453 for the last quarter.

Yes! Especially the last one! Southern puffs.

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 436
Super Clive
March 5, 2012, 8:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
hormonal women !!!!!!!!!
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 436
cmackenzie4
March 5, 2012, 9:30am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.23
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from upthestripes

Yeah that really winds me up. Some people don't even look at you, just walk through like you're the fckin butler. I always shout you're welcome but they still ignore you.

I have held the door for people many times,but people who do not acknowledge me get a door let go on them, Also people not indicating gets on my mammary end, Sat waiting at a roundabout and they then turn left when you could of gone.  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 436
scrumble
March 5, 2012, 10:09am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
[img]http://orangespace.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/get_my_goat_by_SooperDave.gif[/img]

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 436
Rodley Mariner
March 5, 2012, 10:30am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from codhead91
People who don't thank you if you hold a door open for them.

I'd go with that as well and poor manners in general. I really hate in a busy supermarket if you wait to let somebody go past you and they stroll by without even acknowledging you. I don't want a grovelling thank you but at least smile or nod or acknowledge me. The other one is going into a shop and the person on the till continuing their personal conversation with a colleague leaving me stood around waiting. Or possibly even worse, them sort of half-serving me whilst totally ignoring me and continuing their conversation, only pausing to half turn towards me and grunt out a price.

I'm going to stop now as I can actually feel my blood pressure starting to rise just thinking about it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 436
Rodley Mariner
March 5, 2012, 10:33am
Special Brew Drinker
Oh and one final one is people who park over the middle of a line in a car park thus taking up two spots. Not the just excrement at parking way but the deliberate 'I've got a flash car so I don't want anyone parking close to me'. The last time this happened to me, on a day when I couldn't find a parking space, I had a bit of a Larry David moment and put a note under the windscreen wiper of their shitty BMW which simply read:

Dear Sir/Madam,

You are an inconsiderate sharp object.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 436
Manchester Mariner
March 5, 2012, 11:29am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,824
Gold Stars: 41
- People on trains who press the "press to open when illuminated" when said button is not illuminated and then look all furious.
- TXT speak like OMG, LOL.
- People who use TXT speak in actual verbal conversations.
- regionalised fake reality TV shows.
- People who make sure everyone else can hear their mobile phone conversations whilst on public transport.
- Lazy journalists who base their storys around Twitter quotes.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 436
codhead91
March 5, 2012, 11:38am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
- People on trains who press the "press to open when illuminated" when said button is not illuminated and then look all furious.

To go further on that, when you're waiting for an elevator with the button already pressed and somebody else comes over to wait and presses the button 3 times. Congratulations, you've entered the secret code that makes the lift come faster!

Also, the film Hancock.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 436
Rodley Mariner
March 5, 2012, 11:44am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from codhead91

To go further on that, when you're waiting for an elevator with the button already pressed and somebody else comes over to wait and presses the button 3 times. Congratulations, you've entered the secret code that makes the lift come faster!

Ditto for pedestrian crossings
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 436
gobby
March 5, 2012, 11:55am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Lateness.
Sheffield Wednesday.
And wrong terminology in football, like rules (NO its Laws) Bye line (a what?) and the best one is  'Professional Foul' what the hell is that?
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 436
44 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stuff that really gets your goat

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.