Megabus

This thread currently has 3,922 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
York Mariner
February 28, 2012, 10:54pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
It is not just students who use it. My wife and went from York to St Pancreas and return for £4.  A very good service.

The bus from York goes to a brand new rail station at Nottingham Parkway, just off the motorway.  The bus was fine, the train was ok.  Coming back was quicker.  You have to fit in around 2 trains/buses per day.

The only downside Les is that if the bus breaksdown, you have to get out and push.  

Yes, that's the route I'm taking going down to London on Tues for the Hayes game & back on Wed for £6-50, like Les says how the hell can they do it, but that will do for me !
By the way I ain't pushing no bus, women & children first  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 34
GYinScuntland
February 29, 2012, 2:49am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Have picked Eastendmariner and co up from scunt tesco for Town at home. It cost them 20 shillings each, TWENTY SHILLINGS, from London. Cost me more in petrol keeping the motor ticking over waiting to pick 'em up. Very good service Les, and genuine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 34
Chrisblor
February 29, 2012, 3:30pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,989
Gold Stars: 243
Quoted from York Mariner
Yes, that's the route I'm taking going down to London on Tues for the Hayes game & back on Wed for £6-50, like Les says how the hell can they do it, but that will do for me !

Quoted from Chrisblor
The 'megatrain' services are run by East Midlands Trains. Megabus and East Midlands Trains are both owned by Stagecoach. This means East Midlands Trains can fill up empty off-peak services by selling cheap tickets through Megabus. You'll never find cheap train tickets through megabus for any peak services.

The coaches are only dirt cheap for the first few passengers booking a seat. For example the first handful of passengers will pay £1, then the next few will pay £3, the next few £5, the next few £10 and so on. Since you'll usually get 40+ passengers on a coach this all adds up and means that after they take out the costs (fuel, drivers wages, other misc costs) they'll still make a reasonable amount of profit on each service.

Or just read this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yield_management

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 34
kevikov
February 29, 2012, 8:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +854
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Hope you don't need to use the loo, it's £35! plus £5 per flush.

Got an idea how to save a fiver.......

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 34
York Mariner
February 29, 2012, 9:57pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from Chrisblor

Interesting stuff, I read it word for word whilst snoozing for the first 85mins of the England game, yeh right  . To quote ' every day is a learning day '
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Megabus

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.