4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
nightrider
February 28, 2012, 6:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Never been on one, im not brave enough! It will be an experience im sure!! Lets hope we win to make the trip back a little easier

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 34
Les Brechin
February 28, 2012, 6:37pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from nightrider
Never been on one, im not brave enough! It will be an experience im sure!! Lets hope we win to make the trip back a little easier

I just hope this isn't one of their buses.  

[img]http://cl.jroo.me/z3/L/R/l/b/a.aaa.jpg[/img]

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 34
pseudonym
February 28, 2012, 6:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from Les Brechin

Obviously not our battlebus  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 34
Paris Mariner
February 28, 2012, 7:23pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from Les Brechin
Has anyone travelled with this firm before?

I've just booked tickets for our away game v H&Y at Woking on 20th March. I'm staying over at my brothers who lives nearby. I've got a single train ticket there for £13 but couldn't find any cheap trains back on the Wednesday.

A mate suggested to try Megabus and I have booked a coach with them from London to Sheffield Meadowhall and then a single on the train from Meadowhall back to Grimsby. (£5)

The coach is unbelievably only £3 so I'm just wondering if anyone has used Megabus before either for away travel or just going on holiday. My mate who lives in York has also booked a seat from York to London (Coach to East Midlands Parkway and then a train to London St.Pancras) all for the princely sum of £1.

I'm just wondering how the hell they can do these tickets so bloody cheap. Is there something I should know?

I've used it from Sheffield to London. We had to change buses somewhere on the way down (routine) but I can't remember if you do on the way back. Be sure to be on time - they do not hang about at all.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 34
nightrider
February 28, 2012, 7:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Les Brechin

Haha All aboard the promotion bus!

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 34
TownSNAFU5
February 28, 2012, 8:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,908
Gold Stars: 42
It is not just students who use it. My wife and went from York to St Pancreas and return for £4.  A very good service.

The bus from York goes to a brand new rail station at Nottingham Parkway, just off the motorway.  The bus was fine, the train was ok.  Coming back was quicker.  You have to fit in around 2 trains/buses per day.

The only downside Les is that if the bus breaksdown, you have to get out and push.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 34
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 28, 2012, 8:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,097
Gold Stars: 196
used them a few time from gloucester to london. they are basically old style national express coached. not the most comfy, vut they do the job!! as has been stated before, takes a little longer and nowhere near as nice as being on a train, but, certainly cant grumble! when town played bournemouth, i took the megabus for a quid to london, then got a connecting bus to bournemouth for a quid! yeah, it took the best part of 5 hours, but for a couple of quid you cant go wrong!!

oh, and will see you there les me old mucker

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 34
Les Brechin
February 28, 2012, 9:14pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from pseudonym
Obviously not our battlebus  

This is more like the battlebus Terry.  

[img]http://www.budgetsavvydiva.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Screen-Shot-2011-11-16-at-6.44.00-PM.png[/img]

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 34
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 28, 2012, 9:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,097
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Les Brechin

This is more like the battlebus Terry.  

[img]http://www.budgetsavvydiva.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Screen-Shot-2011-11-16-at-6.44.00-PM.png[/img]

thats the team that woods inherited!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 34
siy2k5
February 28, 2012, 10:53pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

thats the team that woods inherited!

Is that Newell driving?

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Megabus

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.