Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Braintree - Do it for Matty!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 151 Guests

Braintree - Do it for Matty!

This thread currently has 2,456 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
supertown
February 27, 2012, 3:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,484
Gold Stars: 53
I seem to recall his brother posting that he didn't know anything about the result on the night at the time.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
Pontoon Steve
February 27, 2012, 3:45pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +6
Quoted from Les Brechin
The away game at Braintree was not just a sad night because of the result it was also the night that Matty Dawson sadly passed away.

I remember the night well. I was all set to go to Braintree but I had to go into Hull Royal Infirmary and that very day was when I had my last major op. When I came round later that evening and heard the score I thought I must be dreaming and still in the operating thearte.

The next morning, there I was sat in my armchair by the side of my bed with my head bandaged up, feeling sorry for myself and thinking about the result when I heard that Matty had passed away overnight. It put everything into perspective and my problems and Town's problem just did not matter anymore.

I'm not sure if the players are aware of this or if Matty actually knew the score that night but Town losing 5-0 at Braintree could well have been Matty's last memory of Grimsby Town so lets hope we put things right on Saturday. Not just for our play-off hopes but also in Matty Dawson's memory.

Great post Les down at the park this morn to pick up tickets for some mates, had a tear or 2 when i looked up at the gates. Lets hope the boys can keep this run going and get us into the play offs, on the 8th of Aug when the managers visited him in hospital, they asked him his prediction for this coming season, and without hesitation he said the play offs.
It would be a fitting tribute for Matty if we could make it all the way Wembley and reclaim our place back in the football league. Matty always use to say to me you have seen the good and the bad times, all i have seen is the bad times.

[URL=http://s1157.photobucket.com/user/steve427/media/Planes/Football/2012_01_21_8342-2.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p594/steve427/Planes/Football/2012_01_21_8342-2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
jimgtfc
February 27, 2012, 3:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,124
Gold Stars: 46
After all the recent posts regarding the trust, Fenty, shares, ownership, the York defeat amongst others, what a fantastic post and one that makes everything a little clearer. UP THE MARINERS!

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
sutton mariner
February 27, 2012, 6:33pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
It's over 6 months now isn't it? Bloody heck. First time I saw Matty and Richard's gate on Saturday. Got a little tear in my eye
Would Matty get a winners medal if we win the play offs?

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
brad_gtfc
February 27, 2012, 6:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
Brought a tear to my eye this, didn't even know the lad.
It would be nice if the players knew, perhaps you could forward that Les by email to John?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
Fishfinger
February 27, 2012, 6:56pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
Really would love for gtfc to win for Matty and also for some sweet revenge!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
pseudonym
February 27, 2012, 7:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from sutton mariner
It's over 6 months now isn't it? Bloody heck. First time I saw Matty and Richard's gate on Saturday. Got a little tear in my eye
Would Matty get a winners medal if we win the play offs?
Matty & Richard were both top lads and are missed on our battlebus jaunts. It would be brilliant if we could repay their faith in GTFC and get back into the league

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
Super Clive
February 27, 2012, 8:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Great post les.

Can we get bp singing one matty dawson?

I will be doing my bit in the upper!
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
February 27, 2012, 8:58pm
Guest User
The top corner  of the Pontoon will be in full voice for Matty and Rich , hope there is a big crowd. Would be great to hear 'Matt and Richards black and white Army' echoing around blundell park.
Reply: 18 - 23
sutton mariner
February 27, 2012, 9:39pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from pseudonym
Matty & Richard were both top lads and are missed on our battlebus jaunts. It would be brilliant if we could repay their faith in GTFC and get back into the league

Would be indeed mate - 'The Matty and Richard 2011-2012 promotion season'

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Braintree - Do it for Matty!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.