Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › CYA later Serge!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 184 Guests

CYA later Serge!

This thread currently has 3,856 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
I believe in Cod
February 26, 2012, 1:43pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Last time you'll see him in a Town shirt barring an injury crisis.

Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
hook line and sinker
February 26, 2012, 2:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +37
wise that then? he was shocking for the brief spell yesterday and didnt deserve to be wearing the big statement boots he had on playing like that but before this spell out of the team didnt he score in 3 consecutive matches?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
Bullitt
February 26, 2012, 2:30pm
Guest User
He's definitely not good enough, now we have Artus, Soares, Coulson, at a push Townsend to play left wing we are more than okay in that department, he's a future Gainsborough player by the looks of it.
Reply: 2 - 33
February 26, 2012, 2:32pm
Guest User
He isn't good enough to play for us but I won't celebrate his demise. The lad gives absolutely everything which is more than can be said for dozens of mercenaries over the last few years. His contract is until the end of next season I believe so it will cost JF to release him. I can't see anyone taking over his contract as it stands.
Reply: 3 - 33
MuddyWaters
February 26, 2012, 2:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Would have rather seen one of the young lads brought on tbh.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
wigworld
February 26, 2012, 2:36pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from 75
He isn't good enough to play for us but I won't celebrate his demise. The lad gives absolutely everything which is more than can be said for dozens of mercenaries over the last few years. His contract is until the end of next season I believe so it will cost JF to release him. I can't see anyone taking over his contract as it stands.

I think he was contracted to 3 and a half years, so it's two full seasons after this one.  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 33
aaron rattray
February 26, 2012, 3:12pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
hes got strengths they are speed and...and... oh no thats it.  the next barrymore strikes again

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
Swansea_Mariner
February 26, 2012, 3:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,482
Gold Stars: 63
I think Paul Hurst's post match interview said it all when Burns said "did you wish you went with two wide players and Serge Makofo?", his reaction was basically F@ck no!!!!

On a separate note did anyone see his miss from two yards in the training vid from the pre-match interview - if you didn't have a look he proper skies it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
AndyGTFC
February 26, 2012, 3:25pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +808
Gold Stars: 5
Where did you hear this from? Or is just an assumption based on him not starting yesterday?

He's not good enough overall but was scoring a few goals before his injury and will always cause teams a few problems.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
Abdul19
February 26, 2012, 3:32pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,638
Gold Stars: 220
To be fair to the lad, he'd not played for 3 months before yesterday.

He is a bit rubbish though.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 33
toontown
February 26, 2012, 3:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,267
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
I think Paul Hurst's post match interview said it all when Burns said "did you wish you went with two wide players and Serge Makofo?", his reaction was basically F@ck no!!!!

This.

When Burns asked if he wished he had started with Serge Hurst actually laughed out loud before replying 'no definitely not!'.  He also said that the game had reemphasised some things they already knew, from that reaction i would say its likely one of those things was that serge isn't good enough.

As has been mentioned i think he has 2 more seasons to go after this one (Thanks NW) - if we go up i guess he will be payed off as he would be even more useless in league 2, but if we stay down maybe he will just be kept as a squad player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
ginnywings
February 26, 2012, 4:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Codalmighty has Serge down as 2 1/2 yr contract,so one more season after this one.Think he'll be gone in the summer if not sooner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
mr viv
February 26, 2012, 4:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Bit of an harsh thread imo!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
80sglory
February 26, 2012, 4:35pm
Guest User
I was wondering if it might be his last game for Town before KO.

Funny, when he broke through the middle just for a split second I thought a Maradona was on !  

Never nice to see a player go but there's no point keeping players if they're not gonna play.
Reply: 13 - 33
Abdul19
February 26, 2012, 4:45pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,638
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from 1600

Never nice to see a player go but there's no point keeping players if they're not gonna play.

Can't agree with that 80s - I almost shot my load the day Heywood, Clarke and Boshell went!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
immariner
February 26, 2012, 4:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,420
Gold Stars: 62
The only position Serge would be effective in is the left of a forward three. He is nowhere near good enough defensively to be a wide midfielder so it's fruitless playing him there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
Super Clive
February 26, 2012, 4:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
The fact that church was picked and our winning formation changed says it all about serge and what h and s think about him.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
80sglory
February 26, 2012, 4:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from Abdul19

Can't agree with that 80s - I almost shot my load the day Heywood, Clarke and Boshell went!

You won't see a better makeshift right back than Jamie Clarke !  
Reply: 17 - 33
Biccys
February 26, 2012, 5:19pm
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from 1600

You won't see a better makeshift right back than Jamie Clarke !  

What about my 10 year dead grandmother? She'd run him close I think.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 33
marinette
February 26, 2012, 5:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
I think every single one of our players is capable of making a mistake.  At least Serge makes his with enthusiasm.

Serge is one of my favourites in the same kind of way as Andy Parkinson, Michael Leary and Nick Hegarty were.  There's something about that type of player that gets me on the edge of my seat, willing them forward, willing them to prove their critics wrong.  If the speculation is true, I'll be sad to see Serge go - he brightens my day!  (must be the boots).

Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
pseudonym
February 26, 2012, 6:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from immariner
The only position Serge would be effective in is the left of a forward three. He is nowhere near good enough defensively to be a wide midfielder so it's fruitless playing him there.
You are quite right. I spoke to him a few weeks ago and he admitted that he prefers to play inside midfield rather than wide.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
tintowner
February 26, 2012, 6:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
The thing about Serge is that you never really know what he is gonna do next......yes ...we all know the end result...but its what he does inbetween.

I, for one, will always remember that run (cant remember who we were playing) from inside our half (Pontoon) when he ran past the Findus to the edge of the Osmond area...crossed, only to see Coolio intercourse it up.

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
Garth
February 26, 2012, 7:15pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
TBF he had a reprieve at the start of the season so no real supprise if he goes, I like him as entertainment though and its a pity his end product is naff
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
davmariner
February 26, 2012, 7:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,987
Gold Stars: 79
Very harsh thread, the guy had 10 minutes for intercourse sake and people are berating him. Give the lad a break he's popped up with a few important goals for us. He definately isn't our worst player, he just isn't our best. He wasn't our worst performer yesterday...

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
aaron rattray
February 26, 2012, 7:26pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
serge makofo has got strenghts these are speed and...and... oh no nowt else

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
pseudonym
February 26, 2012, 7:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Quoted from davmariner
Very harsh thread, the guy had 10 minutes for intercourse sake and people are berating him. Give the lad a break he's popped up with a few important goals for us. He definately isn't our worst player, he just isn't our best. He wasn't our worst performer yesterday...
WHS

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
80sglory
February 26, 2012, 7:31pm
Guest User
Quoted from davmariner

Well said.
Tbh I was a bit surprised at Hursts reaction but tbh, took it more like he could be on his way.
But was thinking that soon as Soares arrived.
Reply: 26 - 33
Tommy
February 26, 2012, 7:53pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Its baffling how he's even a pro footballer in the first place. Can run and has strength but hasn't got a clue what to do or where he should be.

I've said all season he isn't good enough and I doubt ill ever change my mind. You can't teach a football brain to a lad of his age. You either have it by then or you don't.

His contribution when he came on was 2 similar runs where he got his head down and ran forward until he literally ran into an opposition player.

I'd have rather Southwell come on or even the young lad Freeman with Townsend pushing forward.

Now we're out of the cup and therefore are unlikely to have so many players unavailable at one time again, ill be amazed if he gets another minute on the pitch.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
Garth
February 26, 2012, 7:55pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Its a cruel world and there is nothing more that I would love than Serge to get his head up more when running at a defence, however it seems to me that when it comes to coaching he is put at the back of the queu and seems a bit of Billy no mates just my opinion of course and proberly wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
Bullitt
February 26, 2012, 7:57pm
Guest User
Quoted from aaron rattray
hes got strengths they are speed and...and... oh no thats it.  the next barrymore strikes again

Quoted from aaron rattray
serge makofo has got strenghts these are speed and...and... oh no nowt else

So you made one comment, no one noticed so you tried again, bravo.

Serge isn't made for this level, yes he runs his head off but has no end product, and if we want to push for the play-offs we need consistent performers, best to try to get rid at the end of the season.
Reply: 29 - 33
80sglory
February 26, 2012, 8:12pm
Guest User
Quoted from Garth
however it seems to me that when it comes to coaching he is put at the back of the queu and seems a bit of Billy no mates just my opinion of course and proberly wrong

Probably right if you ask me.
My guess would be he's got mates - ones who love to rip the urine (in a loving way).

I won't lose sleep if he goes but the one (maybe only) thing you can say is he's the best at taking on a player.
Who else can ?
Hopefully Soares I suppose.

Shame he never developed though - Peter Bore mark II.
Reply: 30 - 33
voice of reason
February 26, 2012, 8:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Quoted from 75

Well said BPV, i'm deffinately with you on this...

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 33
I believe in Cod
February 26, 2012, 9:01pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +14 / -3
He is by far our worst player, he cant even make a simple pass, he has no common sense and no idea what is going on around him on the pitch, and that isnt based just on yesterday its based on all the time

his game is based on pace and luck, and thats all it is when he gets past a player, its luck, he cant even do that consistently

ive had a few chats with him in the past and he seems a nice enough lad, and lets face it, if he had any sort of end product, or if he could manage a simple pass he'd be half decent

we've got hughes-mason and soares in now who can both play wide, so hes not gonna get another look in

Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 33
siy2k5
February 26, 2012, 9:10pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from 75

Absolutely agree.  He summed himself up yesterday, when he went on one of his runs, ran straight into 3 defenders, lost the ball, but then chased back 70 yards to get it back!

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › CYA later Serge!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.