Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › CYA later Serge!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 136 Guests

CYA later Serge!

This thread currently has 3,852 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
pseudonym
February 26, 2012, 6:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from immariner
The only position Serge would be effective in is the left of a forward three. He is nowhere near good enough defensively to be a wide midfielder so it's fruitless playing him there.
You are quite right. I spoke to him a few weeks ago and he admitted that he prefers to play inside midfield rather than wide.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
tintowner
February 26, 2012, 6:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
The thing about Serge is that you never really know what he is gonna do next......yes ...we all know the end result...but its what he does inbetween.

I, for one, will always remember that run (cant remember who we were playing) from inside our half (Pontoon) when he ran past the Findus to the edge of the Osmond area...crossed, only to see Coolio intercourse it up.

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
Garth
February 26, 2012, 7:15pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
TBF he had a reprieve at the start of the season so no real supprise if he goes, I like him as entertainment though and its a pity his end product is naff
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
davmariner
February 26, 2012, 7:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,987
Gold Stars: 79
Very harsh thread, the guy had 10 minutes for intercourse sake and people are berating him. Give the lad a break he's popped up with a few important goals for us. He definately isn't our worst player, he just isn't our best. He wasn't our worst performer yesterday...

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
aaron rattray
February 26, 2012, 7:26pm
allright viewers?
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +71 / -90
Approval: -4
serge makofo has got strenghts these are speed and...and... oh no nowt else

i am a season ticket holder and i always will be one  

"aaron is the next michael barrymore, hes a comedinan"

it is official, i am a comedian

]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
pseudonym
February 26, 2012, 7:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +34 / -14
Approval: -1
Quoted from davmariner
Very harsh thread, the guy had 10 minutes for intercourse sake and people are berating him. Give the lad a break he's popped up with a few important goals for us. He definately isn't our worst player, he just isn't our best. He wasn't our worst performer yesterday...
WHS

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
80sglory
February 26, 2012, 7:31pm
Guest User
Quoted from davmariner

Well said.
Tbh I was a bit surprised at Hursts reaction but tbh, took it more like he could be on his way.
But was thinking that soon as Soares arrived.
Reply: 26 - 33
Tommy
February 26, 2012, 7:53pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 76
Its baffling how he's even a pro footballer in the first place. Can run and has strength but hasn't got a clue what to do or where he should be.

I've said all season he isn't good enough and I doubt ill ever change my mind. You can't teach a football brain to a lad of his age. You either have it by then or you don't.

His contribution when he came on was 2 similar runs where he got his head down and ran forward until he literally ran into an opposition player.

I'd have rather Southwell come on or even the young lad Freeman with Townsend pushing forward.

Now we're out of the cup and therefore are unlikely to have so many players unavailable at one time again, ill be amazed if he gets another minute on the pitch.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
Garth
February 26, 2012, 7:55pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Its a cruel world and there is nothing more that I would love than Serge to get his head up more when running at a defence, however it seems to me that when it comes to coaching he is put at the back of the queu and seems a bit of Billy no mates just my opinion of course and proberly wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
Bullitt
February 26, 2012, 7:57pm
Guest User
Quoted from aaron rattray
hes got strengths they are speed and...and... oh no thats it.  the next barrymore strikes again

Quoted from aaron rattray
serge makofo has got strenghts these are speed and...and... oh no nowt else

So you made one comment, no one noticed so you tried again, bravo.

Serge isn't made for this level, yes he runs his head off but has no end product, and if we want to push for the play-offs we need consistent performers, best to try to get rid at the end of the season.
Reply: 29 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › CYA later Serge!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.