Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Our old friend Fatty Evans.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 127 Guests

Our old friend Fatty Evans.

This thread currently has 4,482 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
February 19, 2012, 1:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Just been shoved in the chest by Ryan Shawcross in the tunnel at half time.

They think he was instrumental in getting Delap sent off.He knows how to wind people up.

Expecting a tasty second half.
Logged Offline
Private Message
RoboCod
February 19, 2012, 1:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
2-0   Against just 10 'Championship' players  

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17078555[/url]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 42
aldi_01
February 19, 2012, 1:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The man is a joke. He constantly makes himself look a twit. He was asked to leave the players lounge after the hull game and seems to just want to 'out shout' and wind people up. The sad thing is it often backfires on him. I dont think there is a more hated man in football...

His 'championship' team have done well today...deluded jock twit

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 42
Perkins
February 19, 2012, 1:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Horrible little fat twit, should have been banned from the game years ago. Hope Pulis smacks him one after the game. Someone will one day.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 42
Grimsby2012
February 19, 2012, 1:48pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,461
Gold Stars: 22
If i was Pulis id gloat like intercourse and laugh in his face;D then we will see who is a knarky cant

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 42
Mighty_Mariner
February 19, 2012, 1:55pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,245
Gold Stars: 10
Words cannot describe how much I hate this man!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 42
RoboCod
February 19, 2012, 1:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker

2-0 Stoke FT

Impressed with Stokes defending. Despite the missing man they've had someone throwing themselves in front of every shot. And a nice handball off the line from them in added time to burst a blood vessel of Evans, hopefully.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 42
Mighty_Mariner
February 19, 2012, 2:00pm
Pontoonite
I'm sure sky sports said it was 3-0... Was there a goal dissallowed?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 42
Abdul19
February 19, 2012, 2:13pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,638
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
I'm sure sky sports said it was 3-0... Was there a goal dissallowed?

Cameron Jerome had one (rightly) disallowed for offside.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 42
tashee69
February 19, 2012, 4:27pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +972
Gold Stars: 23
I think its something about managers of teams with the nickname the red devils that i cant stand. Saying that i couldnt stand him at Boston either...and im not talking about Fergy  

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 42
scrumble
February 19, 2012, 5:56pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
"I think we're unfortunate to go out this year. I think I probably take it harder this year than I did going out at Manchester United.

"That is because I have looked at the footage and highlights of the key incidents that have changed this game today.

"I can't help but be disappointed by the match referee. I think from a second-half perspective, he has had a poor game for me and he is normally a very good referee."

I take it he's ignoring the sending off that was gifted to them. I know most managers are like this occasionally, but he says this kind of crap every week, win or lose

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 42
Fishfinger
February 19, 2012, 6:23pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
He has no respect at all and is embarrassing himself week in and week out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 42
Ipswin
February 19, 2012, 6:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Fishfinger
He has no respect at all and is embarrassing himself week in and week out

We've got one like that

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 42
RoboCod
February 19, 2012, 6:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

We've got one like that

I wouldn't say you embarrass yourself every week. Just most.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 42
February 19, 2012, 7:02pm
Guest User
Any vids out there yet?! I want/need to see the Fat Boy get shoved around a bit!
Reply: 14 - 42
Billybigbollox
February 19, 2012, 8:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +3
I bet he had his eye make up on for the tv.....Hope he didnt cry and run down his 6 chins
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 42
Ipswin
February 20, 2012, 10:33am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod

I wouldn't say you embarrass yourself every week. Just most.

You can't deny our man has serious anger management problems surely ?

That's why he's currently sitting in the stand and why he made a total prat of himself shouting at a fan in the Pontoon

They might be embarrassing in slightly different ways but Evans and our bloke are very similar in that respect (the major difference between 'em is about 6 stones)

Private Message
Reply: 16 - 42
arryarryarry
February 20, 2012, 11:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,019
Gold Stars: 117
I thought they were unlucky, they had a clear penalty denied in the 1st half, the Stoke penalty was a joke and how the ref missed the handball on the line near the end I will never know, crap linesman (or woman) perhaps?

As for the sending off, lunged in with studs showing and at one point both feet off the ground, when will they ever learn?
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 42
jamesgtfc
February 20, 2012, 11:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -6
Approval: +13,106
Gold Stars: 190
Former Mariner Wes Parker tweeted that Evans shouted at his left winger instructing him to effing break Parker's legs.

Parker was aged 17 at the time and the game was a pre-season friendly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 42
marinerian
February 20, 2012, 11:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Quoted from Ipswin

You can't deny our man has serious anger management problems surely ?

That's why he's currently sitting in the stand and why he made a total prat of himself shouting at a fan in the Pontoon

They might be embarrassing in slightly different ways but Evans and our bloke are very similar in that respect (the major difference between 'em is about 6 stones)

Scott admits he needs to control is emotions during games. The difference is he does not spout off in a club lounge. He does not goad other management to the extreme of Evans and in interviews he comes across as a human who cares about his team, the state of football and the human element of accepting defeat.

Evans regularly brings the game into disrepute and time after time he has escaped punishment as The FA seem scared of how to punish him.

Alan Rutter did the best move by ejecting him from Blundell Park as he was constantly effing and jeffing and also making gestures to the Main Stand, well so I believe.

Scott has improved on his media side. He comes across as honest, polite and a man with a great footballing heart.

Can this be said of Evans who was proved to be making illegal payments to players, staff and also was proven to acted in a way to evade paying HMRC. These payments managed Boston to attract players and win promotion via cheating their opposition. Ask Daggenham fans what they feel about Evans and I am sure very few would hold back from stating their opinions of him.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 42
RoboCod
February 20, 2012, 12:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
As marinerian said, there's just no comparison. Scott needs to calm it, and he;s the first to admit it. But he's still a young manager.It's only recently that Ferguson has begun giving the BBC after match interviews after he fell out with them. Contractually obliged to give them, he preferred to ignore them and pay a weekly fine. After a few years of this the club got fed up and made him back down. Now that to me is embarrassing, as is Evans behaviour. Scott is hardly the first manager to regularly take the stands as part of a touchline ban. He's also courteous and honest in his appraisal of the opposition.

As I've said before, he needs to keep it in check but right now I'm just relieved to have him( and his behaviour ) and not some old soak, or some member of the management-failure merry go round or the clown in charge of Lincoln.
I never understood the dislike of Buckley, his lack of PR and fan relationship and all that, and I'd estimate that Scott's detractors number a lot less than the Buckley bashers. We're on the up at last, and it takes some effort right now to find actual things that are not right on the player and management front.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 42
Ipswin
February 20, 2012, 12:35pm
Vodka Drinker
I just get very p!ssed off with the constant attacks on the same people Hughes, Fry, Evans et al all the time.

Why do we dislike these guys so much. Are there no others we could get fixated with?

FFS its a long time since Evans managed one of our local rivals so that can't still be used as an excuse. Perhaps we are jealous of Crawley's progress - I sure wish it was GTFC.

As for 'evading' paying HMRC, GTFC 'avoided' paying HMRC the PAYE they had collected for some time too, resulting in the big tax bill we had to pay off. The difference is we p!ssed our avoided tax down the drain winning relegations with poor signings and even worse managers while Boston used it to buy promotion to the Football League

Leave the poor fat tvvat alone.

Private Message
Reply: 21 - 42
Bullitt
February 20, 2012, 5:28pm
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin
I just get very p!ssed off with the constant attacks on the same people Hughes, Fry, Evans et al all the time.

Why do we dislike these guys so much. Are there no others we could get fixated with?

FFS its a long time since Evans managed one of our local rivals so that can't still be used as an excuse. Perhaps we are jealous of Crawley's progress - I sure wish it was GTFC.

As for 'evading' paying HMRC, GTFC 'avoided' paying HMRC the PAYE they had collected for some time too, resulting in the big tax bill we had to pay off. The difference is we p!ssed our avoided tax down the drain winning relegations with poor signings and even worse managers while Boston used it to buy promotion to the Football League

"AAAARRREEE YOU EVANS IN DISGUISE? AAAARE YOU EVANS IN DISGUIIIISSSEEE!"
Reply: 22 - 42
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 20, 2012, 5:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Quoted from Ipswin

There was the small matter of paying star signings low wages that were bumped up by remarkable high "expenses". The whole management of the club was in on it at the time and no-one can think that Evans was not party to this little charade.

He is a good manager. He gets the best out of players, spends wisely and he knows his stuff in the lower leagues. That doesn't give him to right to constantly mouth off at other managers, players and officials though, which he does to seek unfair advantage. Many will remember Barry Fry was very similar in his younger days at Barnet.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 42
HarryTheHaddock
February 20, 2012, 6:12pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
This article sums up why so many people hate Evans:
"the club was found guilty by an FA disciplinary committee of systematically lodging false contracts for players. The ploy was a simple one. Players signed contracts that were worth a fraction of the value of what they were being paid.
Ken Charlery was recorded as being paid £120 per week when he was actually being paid £620 per week and had received a £16,000 signing on fee for the club, against which no tax had been paid. In another, the former Liverpool defender Mike Marsh was contracted as being paid £100 per week when he was actually earning £1,000 per week. The difference was paid through “expenses”, against which no tax was payable".

Evans even "facilitated a payment of £8,000 to a witness to attempt to mislead, impede and frustrate” the FA’s enquiry into the scam".

Town never illegally avoided paying their tax. As for Evans, he's a total bent crook and should have been banned for life from football management!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 42
Ipswin
February 20, 2012, 6:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 2075

"AAAARRREEE YOU EVANS IN DISGUISE? AAAARE YOU EVANS IN DISGUIIIISSSEEE!"

Fat yes, Scottish - never!

Private Message
Reply: 25 - 42
Ipswin
February 20, 2012, 6:54pm
Vodka Drinker

There was the small matter of paying star signings low wages that were bumped up by remarkable high "expenses". The whole management of the club was in on it at the time and no-one can think that Evans was not party to this little charade.

So the club broke the rules and he must have known about it - so what?

Is that a reason to continue to dsilike the man years afterwards or are we just p!ssed off that we didn't think of it / couldn't afford to do it

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 42
HarryTheHaddock
February 20, 2012, 7:04pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Quoted from Ipswin

So the club broke the rules and he must have known about it - so what?

Is that a reason to continue to dsilike the man years afterwards or are we just p!ssed off that we didn't think of it / couldn't afford to do it

Yes...simples!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 42
bostonian
February 20, 2012, 7:10pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 2
Ipswin has clearly not followed Evans career like most on this thread.    To repeat the summing up by Graham Bean FA Investigator,  Evans was the common denominator to all that whent wroung in what should have been Bostons hour of glory.
As for Evans wise spending ,  what financial position did he leave his former clubs Holbeach and Stamford in ?
Here at Boston his claims made about fees received for sold players amount to £500K income .
Yet when he left we were £3.5millon in debt.  plus the high court ruled that we underpaid tax.
All this adds up to the fact during his time at Boston we got though in excess of £4millon .
When he came to Boston we were in the what is now the southern league , when he left thanks to him and his cronies we were effectively demoted to the Unibond , the same level as when he first arrived.    All this at the cost of £4millon .
A man who bought shame to BUFC and football and showed no remorse to the people of Boston for the mess he left the club in .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 42
Ipswin
February 20, 2012, 7:32pm
Vodka Drinker
I have to say I have better things to do than follow the career of a previously unknown lower league manager.

As far as Boston's 'hour of glory' is concerned, however false that 'hour of glory' was it only happened at all because of Evans

Why shouldn't your team be left in the sh!te by an outgoing manager - it's happened at Blundell Park for years

My point is that Grimsby Town fans, who unlike Boston fans have no axe to grind with Evans, seem totally fixated by him. and every time he appears on TV or in the news it spawns another vitriolic thread slating him off

Private Message
Reply: 29 - 42
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 20, 2012, 8:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Quoted from bostonian
Ipswin has clearly not followed Evans career like most on this thread.    To repeat the summing up by Graham Bean FA Investigator,  Evans was the common denominator to all that whent wroung in what should have been Bostons hour of glory.
As for Evans wise spending ,  what financial position did he leave his former clubs Holbeach and Stamford in ?
Here at Boston his claims made about fees received for sold players amount to £500K income .
Yet when he left we were £3.5millon in debt.  plus the high court ruled that we underpaid tax.
All this adds up to the fact during his time at Boston we got though in excess of £4millon .
When he came to Boston we were in the what is now the southern league , when he left thanks to him and his cronies we were effectively demoted to the Unibond , the same level as when he first arrived.    All this at the cost of £4millon .
A man who bought shame to BUFC and football and showed no remorse to the people of Boston for the mess he left the club in .

Totally agree with you. I made the "spending wisely" comment in a football sense - he has built teams well. (if somewhat illegally )

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 42
marinerian
February 21, 2012, 10:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
I knew  a lad from Stamford at uni. He hated Evans and would not have shared a tear if he had died. He said (2002) police were looking into Stamfords financial situation and warned several of us about Evans.

The man is as corrupt and as unsporting as they come.

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 42
bostonian
February 21, 2012, 5:51pm
Beer Drinker
You are right Iswin , Evans delivered our "hour of glory" sadly it was by cheating and spending money we had not got .
Most forums up and down the land vent their anger towards him .    

Must add that no way should Rob Scott be compared with this man .   Scott may get carried away with emotion at times but is a hounourable man.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 42
Garth
February 21, 2012, 7:41pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
[quote=3322]You are right Iswin , Evans delivered our "hour of glory" sadly it was by cheating and spending money we had not got .
Most forums up and down the land vent their anger towards him .    

Must add that no way should Rob Scott be compared with this man .   Scott may get carried away with emotion at timesm but is a hounourable man.[/quote]

Hmm! different tone comming from Boston fans when he jumped ship
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 42
flash1
February 22, 2012, 8:13pm
rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
Creepy crawley losing 1.0

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 42
bostonian
February 23, 2012, 5:16pm
Beer Drinker
Sorry Garth I meant HORRIBLE man (a good manager though).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 42
Mariner Ronnie
February 27, 2012, 9:24pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
He's on sky sports 1 now, it's quite hillarious watching him lose it lol

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 42
Les Brechin
February 27, 2012, 9:44pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,730
Gold Stars: 174
Looking forward to hearing his excuses after another defeat tonight.

No doubt he'll moan that the winning goal was a foul but the bloke just used his strength in my opinion. Nothing wrong with it at all.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 42
Devonmatt
February 27, 2012, 9:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
And to be fair, nothing wrong at all with that Crawley perf.  Some good players in that team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 42
Caveman
February 27, 2012, 9:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +771
Gold Stars: 17
And to be fair to him he conducted himself in the post-match interview well. If
his side continue to play as they did tonight with a fair share of luck thay will be
thereabouts at the end of May.

Not a likeable man but gets the best out of his players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 42
RoboCod
February 28, 2012, 7:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
This is doing the rounds on a lot of forums....what a beautiful picture. Need it printing at A2 size  

[img]https://p.twimg.com/AmsNsxYCMAEIWEq.jpg:large[/img]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 42
Harlem mariner
February 28, 2012, 8:13am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Quoted from Caveman
And to be fair to him he conducted himself in the post-match interview well. If
his side continue to play as they did tonight with a fair share of luck thay will be
thereabouts at the end of May.

Not a likeable man but gets the best out of his players.

Maybe a cuunt but defo a good manager
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 42
Mighty_Mariner
February 28, 2012, 9:42am
Pontoonite
Quoted from RoboCod
This is doing the rounds on a lot of forums....what a beautiful picture. Need it printing at A2 size  

[img]https://p.twimg.com/AmsNsxYCMAEIWEq.jpg:large[/img]

Love it!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 42
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Our old friend Fatty Evans.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.